rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

GTAV single-player and general gameplay thread

It looks so good, like absolutely none of the compromises we normally have to make for open world games. Not looked forward to a game like this in, well forever really (ok, maybe halo 2)

Can you imagine if this was a launch day exclusive for either ps4 or xbone? My brain would melt, and sales would be off the chart for the new hardware.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fuck me Rockstar's site is horrendously slow tonight. I've sent an invite request for the crew.. Who the heck is in 'RLLMUK BAP' crew?! Traitors. I've tried to look but the page won't load :(

To answer the questions on discs and disc space required on 360, here you go:

Grand Theft Auto V is the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar Games has yet created, and takes full advantage of every ounce of processing power available in the current generation of consoles. In order to provide the best possible experience for such a massive and detailed world, the game will have installation requirements on the Xbox 360.

Grand Theft Auto V will ship on two discs; Disc 1 will be used for a one-time mandatory install and Disc 2 will be used to play the game. After the install, players will be able to enjoy both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online without any need to switch discs.

This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive (sold separately) with at least 8 GB of free space. If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance.

I've gone with Amazon for pre-order. Cannot resist at £34.99 with free first class delivery.

• Upvote 2

Fuck me Rockstar's site is horrendously slow tonight. I've sent an invite request for the crew.. Who the heck is in 'RLLMUK BAP' crew?! Traitors. I've tried to look but the page won't load :(

BAP is be a pro in FIFA which is why those guys have their own group.

It looks so good, like absolutely none of the compromises we normally have to make for open world games. Not looked forward to a game like this in, well forever really (ok, maybe halo 2)

Can you imagine if this was a launch day exclusive for either ps4 or xbone? My brain would melt, and sales would be off the chart for the new hardware.

Would be nice, but can you imagine it as a release for new-gen', next Christmas?

I've pre-ordered from Amazon. It's going to be the last hurrah for the 360. I didn't finish IV as I had too much to play and I didn't like the central characters at all. It also annoyed me that areas were locked. I played Red Dead and loved it. I'm hoping this is more Red Dead than IV.

It's out soon too.

To answer the questions on discs and disc space required on 360, here you go:

Grand Theft Auto V is the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar Games has yet created, and takes full advantage of every ounce of processing power available in the current generation of consoles. In order to provide the best possible experience for such a massive and detailed world, the game will have installation requirements on the Xbox 360.

Grand Theft Auto V will ship on two discs; Disc 1 will be used for a one-time mandatory install and Disc 2 will be used to play the game. After the install, players will be able to enjoy both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online without any need to switch discs.

This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive (sold separately) with at least 8 GB of free space. If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance.

I've gone with Amazon for pre-order. Cannot resist at £34.99 with free first class delivery.

So should I order one of these to get the most out of it? http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDCZ50-016G-B35-Cruzer-Blade-Flash/dp/B002U1ZBG0/ref=pd_cp_computers_2

Would I be more likely to get this on the monday by going with ShopTo? I guess Amazon will get it bang on release. I have the Monday off for other reasons is all. Other reasons which could become 'play GTA a day early, like a big child'.

I remember that Rockstar threatened all retailers if they sent GTA4 out early, so Shopto sent it out on the Monday to arrive on the Tuesday like everyone else.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar did the same again this time.

I got 10 minutes into that and I couldn't stand the sycophantic nature of it any more. Give critical analysis, don't spunk your load describing how great Rockstars offices are before preaching the press release.

They always do my head in more because, in between being really indepth about the potential layout of the map and stuff,they discuss things like the most clueless fuckers who have never played a game before. nevermind a GTA one.

"Now they say new items will be added to your in game wardrobe, do you think that means...you'll have a wardrobe...in your house? Or....could it be...there is a wardrobe in a shop...or?"

This sort of banter for about twenty minutes.

• Upvote 1

When will this ship to retailers? I can normally get stuff a day early but sometimes it's two if its a big release. Is there any chance of places receiving shipments on Friday/Saturday?