rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

GTAV single-player and general gameplay thread

GTA IV was it's own thing. I feel like the games are making the same progressive steps with regards to GTA 3 onwards. We have the delight of bypassing the advances that made Vice City and can get straight into the possibilities the San Andreas gave us, and then some.

Apparently the soundtrack list has leaked.

If it does turn up here please please please can we spoiler that stuff. Probably goes without saying and you guys are usually really good with this sort of thing.

With GTA you could tell me the actual ending of the story and I wouldn't give a shit but the radio stations are such a huge part of the enjoyment of the game.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The soundtrack is always one of my favourite parts of a GTA title so I'm going to try to avoid spoiling it. I just hope that K-Rose is back from San Andreas, I loved that station for moseying round the backwoods.

What do you guys think of the PSN 'deal' of pre-ordering GTA V at £49.99 & getting 75% off a selected Rockstar game? Do you think having it installed to the HDD would have any performance benefits? If you shop around you can get £50 of PSN credit for £41.70 making it not too much more expensive than retail. But then you have the whole slowness of PSN to contend with at a time when it'll likely be hammered. Disk or Download?

Definitely disc version. The disc version requires a mandatory hdd install anyway, but has the advantage of being able to load data off the bluray and the hdd simultaneously.

No Lazlow? :(

Not sure if that's in response to me, but my post was more of a "I hope Lazlow's on one of the stations in GTA 5" comment than anything else. :D I haven't seen the radio listings or soundtrack or anything.

Having the very same internal battle.

Are we going to stay strong for each other or cave together?

I had no problem staying strong through the trailers and other information but looking at the soundtrack has put me on the verge of caving. Come launch I don't think I will be able to resist.. Hope I do though. Hope you do.

Let's wait. Stay strong, brother.

• Upvote 2

What an odd thing to say. The world was fucking amazing.

I agree, i played it loads, you just couldnt do much in it other than shoot things though.

@ Wickedkitten : I am all for it as I do feel it will add to the realism, however having to eat and workout in San Andreas got on my nerves after a while.

It will be upsetting to run out of petrol in a remote area though :facepalm:

Maybe you don't have to pay. Maybe you can rob the gas station. Leaving a trail of murder and mayhem at gas stations all across the map. Leaving each scene with a customary grenade toss at the pumps as you move on to the next massacre.

Or you could just pay and buy a wee can of juice and have a go on an arcade cabinet in the shop.

As for running out of fuel during a chase it's a great game changer.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, anything that adds more dynamism is fine by me.

As already discussed, it's not like you lose anything by ditching your car anyway due to insurance, although if it's tied to a known crime I wonder if you'd have to resort to busting it out of the impound lot yourself?

Just had a peak at the soundtrack. Utterly amazing.

It's got everything covered.

Don't tempt me Boozy, really trying hard to keep away from taking a peak.

According to my trusty GTA 5 countdown app we have 23 Days 8 Hours 0 mins 13 Secs :omg:

Just had a peak at the soundtrack. Utterly amazing.

It's got everything covered.

Agreed, also it has a new presenter for one station that could potentially be the best GTA DJ of all time;

J.B Smooth, aka Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

• Upvote 3

Finally! :omg:

Always liked the idea of this and was disappointed it wasn't included in IV. Just the love the prospect of jacking a car whilst trying to make a daring escape only to findout its low on petrol.

I actually found it infuriating in Mafia 2, you'd always run out at the end of a particularly long mission.

Agreed, also it has a new presenter for one station that could potentially be the best GTA DJ of all time;

J.B Smooth, aka Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I'm looking forward to

Big Boi :omg:

myself

It will be upsetting to run out of petrol in a remote area though :facepalm:

Oh man, that'd be amazing. I can see a mission similar to the cook out in the desert in Breaking Bad, where the battery in their RV died.