rllmuk
makkuwata

Red Dwarf

10 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Except Queeg? That's an awesome episode! 

S2 as a whole is my least favourite i think but its still good. 

13 hours ago, McFly said:

Maybe im going space-crazy but id love it to be a dark dramedy rather than typical comedy. Theres so much to work with and current fx could make it awesome and dingy. Almost a Blade Runner Comedy.

Its just hit me how much i love s1 to 6 and the books and audiobooks (read by Chris Barrie obvs). Must have watched them dozens of times, except Queeg.

Except Queeg? Do me a lemon

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, McFly said:

S2 as a whole is my least favourite i think but its still good. 

You what!

Season 2 is easily the best, only really 3 comes close to it and even that one is slightly tarnished by a few episodes where the show is beginning to venture into silly territory,

• Upvote 5

What are folk's favourite lines from the Dwarf? The one that always springs to my mind is:

'You sign all your official letters "Arnold Rimmer BSc" and the BSc stands for "Bronze Swimming Certificate"'

• Upvote 2

Sometimes, I think it's cruel giving machines a personality. My mate Petersen once bought a pair of shoes with Artificial Intelligence. 'Smart Shoes' they were called. It was a neat idea. No matter how blind drunk you were, they could always get you home. But he got rattled one night in Oslo and woke up the next morning in Burma. You see, his shoes got bored going from his local to his flat. They wanted to see the world, you know. He had a hell of a job getting rid of them. No matter who he sold them to, they'd show up again the next day. He tried to shut them out, but they just kicked the door down. The last thing I heard, they sort of... robbed a car and drove it into a canal. They couldn't steer, you see..Petersen was really, really blown away about it. He went to see a priest. The priest told him... he said it was alright and all that, when shoes are happy that they'd get into heaven.

You see, it turns out shoes have soles.

• Upvote 6

I always loved:

Please rush me my portable walrus polishing kit. Four super brushes to tackle even the trickiest of sea-bound mammals.

And this :lol::

You goit! No you goit! You're all goits! I'm surrounded by goits! Holly you're a goit!

• Upvote 1

Look, sooner or later we are going to have to face the fact that we are not all going to get out of this in one piece. Or if we are, it's going to one big flat piece.

• Upvote 1

"You're thinking too negative. Think of all the glorious, wonderful things about having children."

"Like....?"

"Like when they grow up and leave home."

• Upvote 1

Just now, PK said:

"This man is not guilty of manslaughter, he is only guilty of being Arnold J. Rimmer. That is his crime; it is also his punishment."

My favourite episode

• Upvote 1

"Jake Bullet, Cybernautic Detective. I like that! That sounds like the kind of hard-living flat foot who gets the job done by cutting corners and bucking authority. And if those pen-pushers up at City Hall don't like it, well, they can park their over-payed, fat ass's on this mid-digit and swivel -- swivel till they squeal like pigs on a honeymoon."

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

[Petersen's Smart Shoes story]

What a sad, sad story. :(

Wait a minute...

How did they open the car door?

• Upvote 7

Holly : Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Full of goodness, full of vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other milk, dog's milk.

Lister : Why?

Holly : No bugger'll drink it. Plus of course the advantage of dog's milk is that when it goes off, it tastes exactly the same as when it's fresh.

• Upvote 7

"One of the first songs I ever wrote. It's called "Om"."

"Wasn't it Descartes who said, "I am what I am?""

"No, it was Popeye the Sailor Man."

"Jean Paul Sartre said hell was being locked forever in a room with your friends."

"Holly, all his mates were French."

"Don't fish swim south for the winter?"

"No, that's birds, sir."

"Birds swim south for the winter?  How do they breathe?"

• Upvote 3