rllmuk
makkuwata

Red Dwarf

Lots of news on this recently.

We had the episode titles and synopses:

1. TWENTICA

The Dwarfers find themselves in an alternative version of America where modern technology is prohibited, making Rimmer and Kryten illegal. The Dwarfers infiltrate the tech savvy underground and try to bring down the authoritarian regime.

2. SAMSARA

When the Dwarfers investigate a crashed ship at the bottom of an ocean moon, Lister and Cat become trapped together and Lister's nightmare begins. Meantime Rimmer and Kryten discover the ship is controlled by a dark force.

3. GIVE AND TAKE

After an altercation with a deranged droid Lister has his kidneys organ-napped. The only solution is to ask Cat, the most selfish creature in the universe, to give him one of his.

4. OFFICER RIMMER

After a scandalous piece of good fortune Rimmer saves the life of a bio-printed Captain and is promoted, fulfilling his life-long dream of becoming an Officer. He immediately opens an Officer's club, which is out of bounds to the lower orders, and uses the bio-printer to fill it with versions of himself.

5. KRYSIS

Kryten has a mid-life crisis and changes his body cover from Mech grey to Ferrari red. The posse try and show him how much he's achieved in life by taking him to visit a mechanoid from his old fleet.

6. CAN OF WORMS

Cat takes time off from being in love with himself to fall head over heels in love with a lady Cat with a big secret.

And the broadcast details listed here:

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2016/08/12/all-the-way-to-eleven/

... Except those broadcast dates won't be the viewing dates because the episodes are being put online on the UKTV Player a week ahead of TV broadcast. I have to agree with the consensus on Ganymede & Titan - disappointment that this splitting will spoil the communal viewing experience, followed by post-broadcast fansite discussion, that was so enjoyable with the previous two series.

• Upvote 1

Are all the episodes online a week before broadcast? I thought it was just the first.

6. CAN OF WORMS

Cat takes time off from being in love with himself to fall head over heels in love with a lady Cat with a big secret.

So they're finally getting around that episode, then?

SO they will remember to put some jokes in it, right? Because judging by that trailer it looks like some crap Hollywood space horror movie.

• Upvote 1

That teaser looks like its supposed to be the good looking bit before the

*record scratch*

Rimmer says something "funny"

cue theme.

14 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

SO they will remember to put some jokes in it, right? Because judging by that trailer it looks like some crap Hollywood space horror movie.

Apparently it's very funny judging by the audience reports.

23 hours ago, NoVisAnima said:

That teaser looks like its supposed to be the good looking bit before the

*record scratch*

Rimmer says something "funny"

cue theme.

It's like you knew beforehand! :lol:

11 hours ago, Thwomp said:

Craig Charles doesn't play Lister the same way as he used to.

To be fair, I don't play jerellis1 the same way I used to.

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Thwomp said:

Craig Charles doesn't play Lister the same way as he used to.

Well, Lister is 30 years older. How many 55 year olds do you know that are the same as they were at 25?

• Upvote 3

I had to switch it off.  It's like a fanfic written by an idiot has somehow been filmed as an episode. :(

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, PK said:

I had to switch it off.  It's like a fanfic written by an idiot has somehow been filmed as an episode. :(

It can't be 'Series 7 Bad' surely?

It wasn't too bad. 

Some laughs, some dodgy cgi but otherwise ok. 

Id rather they're making something like this than nothing !

• Upvote 1

Just watched the first 5 minutes or so, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised! This is someone who hated series 7 and 8, and thought the Back to Earth specials and series 10 were dire. It felt like an episode from series 6, and none of the actors were hamming it up like in the last series. It might go rapidly downhill from here of course, I'm going to finish it off tomorrow.

Urgh, the only thing I laughed at was Fat Kryten and that wasn't supposed to be funny.