Ghost Hunter

Keyboard Koala

I got sent it a while back but haven't really played it. Those kinda games aren't my cup of tea!

I'll be putting my copy up on Ebay on Monday probably, so keep an eye out for that if you wanna get it on the cheap ;)

I played Ghosthunter at the Playstation Experience. One of the giveaways was a Ghosthunter demo, so I got to play it in the comfort of my own home. A couple of months ago the same demo was included on the OPS2M disc. So, I played the demo again just recently.

I thought the demo was quite poor and marked the game as one to ignore.

I thought the gameplay was unimaginative and fairly derivative. The underline concepts were reheated from Ghostbusters. The game has serious camera control issues, which made the combat unsatisfying. I thought the graphics were okay, but considering this is using the Primal game engine I was surprised by how weak they were in comparison. The art design also left a lot to be desired.

If a 15 minute demo from 3 months ago is a adequate experience upon which to base a judgement that I would say give Ghosthunter a miss.

Oh, I forgot, the sound effects were good.

Gamestation had a bunch of free demo discs in-store. I picked one up cos, hey, it was free, and looked quite interesting. Pretty graphics, but pretty vacant also - the gameplay should have been fun but somehow bounced between patronising and frustrating in the demo. I hoped it was just a rushed demo; wasn't this the studio that brought us the superb Medievil after all? That was funny, entertaining and enjoyable to play, so what happened to the Ghosthunter demo? Bah humbug. ;)

Oh big hairy bollocks. I hope this game is good, I really enjoyed the demo so I'll be extremely upset if the rest of the game stinks. Shit, I'm sorry, but SHIT. So many games I've been looking forward to this year have turned out shit, I'm getting seriously sick to death of constantly being let down. OH SHIT ;);):D:angry: