New Sega AGES titles confirmed

Popo

The Magicbox has updated with details of newly anounced Sega AGES titles and I've got to say that these are finally starting to tickle my fancy somewhat;

Fist of the North Star which looks to be a beat em up

Afterburner is looking nice, although it was always a bit too frenetic for my tastes

Decathlete Collection which is looking like a snazzy compilation of Athlete Kings and Winter Heat (my 2 favourite olympic games games of all time)

Outrun - graphically tweaked verion of the original? Yes please!

And finally Virtual Racing Flat Out, which I missed the first time around, but this is looking very interesting.

What with the last round having been confirmed for PAL release, I certainly hope this little lot makes it across, as these are titles I'll definitely be adding to my collection.

Yes Athlete Kings. Best sports game ever, hopefull updated with 4 player.

Alas Fist of the North Star was the japanese name for Last Battle the worst megadrive game ever. Although it does look mighty changed.

The images are stolen from IGN anyway so just look on there.

Alas Fist of the North Star was the japanese name for Last Battle the worst megadrive game ever. Although it does look mighty changed.

I'm pretty sure it had four player on the Saturn.

No it didn't. Winter Heat did, but Athlete Kings didn't. Trust me, that game was played all the time.

My mum still holds the record for discus on my system. Bitch broke my official arcade stick doing it

I'm pretty sure it had four player on the Saturn.

No it didn't. Winter Heat did, but Athlete Kings didn't. Trust me, that game was played all the time.

My mum still holds the record for discus on my system. Bitch broke my official arcade stick doing it

I never had a multitap, so I just assumed it did have four player.

It was the only game my sister ever played, and she too held the top score for the discus throw.

My javelin was unbeatable.

You never had a multi-tap, that means you never experienced Death Tank 7 player?

I could never do the discus to any succesful degree and it pissed me off. All the others were great though and i was one of the few of my mates to perfect the pole vault. Couldn't do an event on Winter Heat either.

Oddly my mum also has the fastest lap on Daytona begginer track and highest score on Mean Bean Machine.

Don't click on those links. Pop-up hell and something tries to install.

pop-ups...?

hmm, I'm sure I remember something to do with them in the dim and distant past.

Aren't they something you get if you're using a naff outdated browser?

Ooh, baby.

Though it'll be a bit cheapskate if they don't include any of the extra tracks from the other home versions.

It's apparently based on the 32-X version, so you should at least expect the extra cars and tracks from that. Either way, they have a Japanese RRP of £12, so you can't expect too much.

Why can't sega port some saturn classics over to the ps2 or cube.

I would love to see sega rally, nights, panzer dragoon saga.

A graphically updated version of Burning Rangers would be great - then you'd actually be able to see what the hell you were doing!

Sega Rally would be great, as would an online version of Daytona, but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here.

none of those look particulary great. oh well.

I bought the Space Harrier one and it was awful. Its missing EVERYTHING that made the original great.

Music : remixed rubbish

Graphics : stupid fractal landscape ( that can be turned off, mercifully) and awful "updates" of the mechanical designs

Bonus stage : RUINED

gahh

At least it was cheap :lol: