Kindle shop Recommendations

choddo

I don’t think it has updated properly. Books I purchased last month for 99p are know showing at increased prices. There are a few new books at sale prices, but not may.

I’d imagine they’ll fix it at some point.

3 hours ago, theredstar said:

I don’t think it has updated properly. Books I purchased last month for 99p are know showing at increased prices. There are a few new books at sale prices, but not may.

I’d imagine they’ll fix it at some point.

Some sort of elaborate April fools joke?

On 31/03/2021 at 10:43, Miner Willy said:

@ZOK I recently read his other book, Butcher's Crossing. It's very different and the consensus is that Stoner is his best, but I also really liked that.

Only £1.99 at the mo so I’ve gone straight on to that now.

Haven't read Perdido Street Station for years (and lord knows where my old copy would be now). 

Be rude not to indulge for 99p really.

Cheers for the heads up (as always :) )

• 2 weeks later...

Damn it. I've been waiting for Children of Ruin to go on sale, and it seems that every other damn Tchaikovsky book is put on sale instead. At this rate I may have to just buy the damn thing for the princely sum of 5 quid.

Cheers all the same, as I'd been wanting to read this one for a while. I think he's got another novel (possibly two!) novels on the way, as well as another novella. He is nothing if not prolific.

1 hour ago, BedroomBusinessman said:

Beyond American Gods how are the others ones?

Neverwhere is fantastic.  Well worth a £1.00!

Radio 4 did a full cast adaptation with some big names.  Benedict Cumberbatch, James Mcavoy, Natalie Dormer and the late Christopher Lee to name a few.

Is there a reason why you can’t get books from the app for amazon?

I LOVED Stardust when I read it a couple of years ago. Think it might be my favourite Gaiman. There was also a Radio 4 adaptation of that which was great too - wonder if it’s still possible to find on BBC Sounds.... 

EDIT..... it seems not, what a shame. 

4 hours ago, davidcotton said:

Neverwhere is fantastic.  Well worth a £1.00!

Radio 4 did a full cast adaptation with some big names.  Benedict Cumberbatch, James Mcavoy, Natalie Dormer and the late Christopher Lee to name a few.

Is there a reason why you can’t get books from the app for amazon?

Apple wanted to take 30% of purchases made through the app so Amazon told them to sling their hook. 

I read Neverwhere what feels like a couple of years ago but was more like 2007 and yes it's worth it. And the Radio 4 version, which I heard after reading the book, is faithful. 

Anyway, picked up Roadside Picnic in the end there. 

Yes it’s great…I can’t say I enjoy Dick’s novels as much as the shorts though, you read some of them and you feel like you are on drugs too. The only one I return to repeatedly is Time Out of Joint.