IGNORED

So then, about these " Playbutton " MP3 Gadgets

Hello Goaty ♥

It's a neat concept, and I think they could sell a lot to the industry as promo items, and maybe collector fans would by them. Those are the only uses I can think of though.

EDIT: Thinking of Xevious' point, could they be a way of putting out review albums without them risking being pirated? Although that probably makes no difference in the long run anyway.

It doesn't really seem like it's aimed at consumers, as it's terrible in every way I can think of as a way to buy an album. Seems more like it's aimed at PRs having wanky launches, promos and the like.

PS. Awful, awful website.

Could work as a merchandising concept for bands, considering some of the other tat that is sold at live shows. I can't see it ever becoming anything more than ultra-niche, but could work for review promos and corporate giveaways; much more difficult to leak pre-release tracks from it to the internet than an album on CD or USB stick.

Yep, I don't think you should underestimate the appeal of having an album in a stand alone form...it's a real fan thing, I can remember buying cassingles (!) of Prince tracks that I had on albums, just because they were an item on their own. People love tat, especially functional tat! :sherlock:

Yep, I don't think you should underestimate the appeal of having an album in a stand alone form...it's a real fan thing, I can remember buying cassingles (!) of Prince tracks that I had on albums, just because they were an item on their own. People love tat, especially functional tat! :sherlock:

Hmm, interesting. If they could set up a manufacturing process at the Arena, they could record a concert and copy the file as soon as it finished onto pre-produced badges, and sell the concert that people had attended to them as they left.

There's far fewer artists people are mental over these days though, presumably on the account of there being more of them and given less time to blossom.

It's certainly an interesting way of showing off your musical likes, but the size looks daft compared to some of the pins I buy, and having fixed content is a bit rubbish. Like others have said, it'd probably work better as a promo novelty...