Forza Motorsport 4

It is an absolutely crazy situation at the moment that you can't buy a fully supported 360 wheel for Forza 3.

I guess there's probably a MADCATZZZ one or something.

Makes you just think bugger it, I'll make an iRacing/LFS setup.

Yeah. Go into game a get a third rate MK wheel for £115 in GAME.

If theres one thing that gets on my tits on the 360 more then its failure rate, its MS's attitude to this.

Recent models are still failing?

Anecdotal but I bought a slim in November. It had a dodgy HD then the power brick broke. I've had to take it back to the shop 3 times. First time they swapped the machine but I kept the HDD. Then I got the HDD swapped, a few months later the power unit got swapped. It's working great now but as a result I did lose a 250 hour+ Forza 3 save.

( i think MS will release a new wheel, will be a 900 degree jobbie i bet)

I would buy that now.

It is an absolutely crazy situation at the moment that you can't buy a fully supported 360 wheel for Forza 3.

I guess there's probably a MADCATZZZ one or something.

Makes you just think bugger it, I'll make an iRacing/LFS setup.

There is a Madcatz one as Dimahoo says. It's as expensive as the official MS one with no force feedback :angry:

Couldn't agree with this statement more. The best overpriced piece of plastic I've ever bought! :wub:

If there was a way I could use a fanatec on my lap I'd definitely save up for one. Doesn't look like you can get a lap attachment though unfortunately.

Yeah. Go into game a get a third rate MK wheel for £115 in GAME.

If theres one thing that gets on my tits on the 360 more then its failure rate, its MS's attitude to this.

My fucking eyes are bleeding reading this.

Can't you just install a spelling checker or take a little more effort writing things up, man? It's almost an insult to my spending nearly all my life trying to perfect my English, yet seeing the language being raped by native speakers such as yourself. Other examples: "payed". :facepalm:

Sorry to moan on and on about this, but it's starting to get ridiculous.

As for the wheel, the official MS force-feedback one used to be just £75. Why would you pay more for something inferior (i.e. the non-ffb Madcatz one)?

Can't you just install a spelling checker or take a little more effort writing things up, man? It's almost an insult to my spending nearly all my life trying to perfect my English, yet seeing the language being raped by native speakers such as yourself. Other examples: "payed". :facepalm:

As for the wheel, the official MS force-feedback one used to be just £75. Why would you pay more for something inferior (i.e. the non-ffb Madcatz one)?

;)

If there was a way I could use a fanatec on my lap I'd definitely save up for one. Doesn't look like you can get a lap attachment though unfortunately.

There's a nice (and fecking heavy) steering wheel stand from Fanatec, no idea much they charge for it, I won mine although I don't have a steering wheel to put on it still...

There's a nice (and fecking heavy) steering wheel stand from Fanatec, no idea much they charge for it, I won mine although I don't have a steering wheel to put on it still...

Christ their stuff is expensive, it's 120EUR just for the stand!! Not an option for me and I actually like having wheels on my lap anyway. It's a bit silly not offering the option as far as I'm concerned, but then the whole situation with 360 wheels is a bit silly.

Anecdotal but I bought a slim in November. It had a dodgy HD then the power brick broke. I've had to take it back to the shop 3 times. First time they swapped the machine but I kept the HDD. Then I got the HDD swapped, a few months later the power unit got swapped. It's working great now but as a result I did lose a 250 hour+ Forza 3 save.

And there's a lesson here folks.

Get a USB mem stick.

Backup your saves. Often.

'All' MS would have to do is allow other wheels to be used via a firmware update patch fix thingy, right? Or isn't it that easy?

As Shimmy says, it'd be difficult to support "standard" wheels without accidentally supporting all "standard" controllers.

And they REALLY don't want to do that.

Christ their stuff is expensive, it's 120EUR just for the stand!! Not an option for me and I actually like having wheels on my lap anyway. It's a bit silly not offering the option as far as I'm concerned, but then the whole situation with 360 wheels is a bit silly.

Aye, thats the very reason I don't have a wheel, the price and availability of something thats actually nice to use is just ridiculous. As I say, I won the stand, was in a Forza 3 painting competition sponsored by Fanatec :)

Forza 4 needs to be in development for 5 years, receive a number of unofficial dates which are never met and then, when released, it doesn't have half the features that were promised, which are later patched in when only the most dedicated of fans are still playing it!

And there's a lesson here folks.

Get a USB mem stick.

Backup your saves. Often.

Forza won't let you copy a save, only move it. It was moved to a USB then a dodgy hard drive in the new slim corrupted it.

Microsoft confirms Forza 4 showing for E3

Microsoft has just sent out invites for a Forza 4 evening press event at E3 this year, taking place on Wednesday June 8 between 8.00pm–12.00am PST. The showing will reveal “what’s new under the hood of the best racing game of 2011 at an unforgettable event under the stars with new content you won’t see anywhere else.” We’ll be there, obviously. The game will release this autumn.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/17/microsoft-confirms-forza-4-showing-for-e3/

A 4 hour show. Interesting.....

box art ?

xbox E3 website launched.

Start the clock - 21 days till Forza 4 Reveal.

Is forza world a code name for PGR5 ?

Probably not but .....

Carry on with your steering wheel stuff now. Nothing to see here.

uhm.. i don't think so, no. though we are going through meerman berating dimahoos typing as if everything typed on rllmuk needs to be absolutely correct because this place is sooo formal. :P

Well you could at least try to type words correctly, not write "a" when you mean to write "and". It's just lazy.

That's not even a debate; and we weren't having it anyway.

Precisely. And there's still not much info on FM4, so we just have to chat about something, don't we?

Why's everyone going on about steering wheels? With the power of Kinect we'll be able to steer these cars with just our hands and we'll be able to control speed and gears changes by making the appropriate sounds - "naaaaa naaaaa naaaaaa fupum (that's a gear change) NAAAAAAA NAAAAAA NAAAAA fupum NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA fupum NAAAAAAAAA NAAAAAAA NAAAAAAAA fupum naaa naaa naaa"

You're embarrassing yourselves by being married to such primitive technology.

Forza won't let you copy a save, only move it. It was moved to a USB then a dodgy hard drive in the new slim corrupted it.

Move it to the USB, use the USB for all your saved games.

Back that USB up on a PC. (PC can read the file system).

Everyone do this.

Oh ffs Richard.

I didn't time have at check to work KO! .

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgj9UYFbJIc

If you pause the video at 0:24 ( the still shot of the Lamborghini)

It's this isn't it ?

Virtual Tour

So that's one of the new locales, possibly, the Top Gear Track would be next then there's the Alpine stuff, so that's two still to work out. Would it be too much to expect 2 new tracks similar in length to Rally Di Positano ? Or will it be a couple of new race tracks ?

I think you're very close there. The TG track is in as well. Not sure as to where the Alpine track is set but it looks lovely too.

I'd suspect 2 more new race tracks too, just to balance things up.