rllmuk

Forza Motorsport 4

I was pretty sure you were just giving it your usual " but they won't look like that when you race them stuff."

Apologies due then but you do tend to bang the same drum again and again.

You might have been pretty sure. but you were wrong.

:)

(it was my fault, i didn't mean in game - we know the models scale accordingly.)

Yeah, here we go, the first bits of DLC already.

I still can't say a whole lot until tomorrow afternoon, but the car list (and track list, for that matter) aren't as impressive as the one(s) in Forza 3. There's some stuff put in, but also quite some old stuff taken out. I fear for loads of DLC packages coming our way, especially considering this 'special offer' of 'only 2400 Microsoft Points'.

Lovely cars, still :)

I also notice that 2400 is 400 points a pack.

i.e - it's not a saving at all, they just intend to gouge more on the DLC with 4.

I also notice that 2400 is 400 points a pack.

i.e - it's not a saving at all, they just intend to gouge more on the DLC with 4.

The packs are 600 points each = 3600 points if bought seperately, hence 30% saving.

Plus there some bonus cars (although i think these are in the LE box set anyway)

Right, it's Friday, so I'm allowed to spill the beans on my gameplay time with Forza 4 AND the Greenawalt interview!

Which I will do, right after breakfast :) (Thursday night is student's going out night, etc.)

Remember Project Gotham Racing 2? We got a whole new city (Paris!) with 7 tracks and 8 cars for a mere $5.

Those were the days!

I don't remember how much it was, but the Legends DLC pack for Shift 2 gave something like 8 tracks and 20 cars for around the same money.

Can you transfer vinyl groups etc from Forza 3 into 4? I'm working on a Tyrrel 005 paint job at the moment and wouldn't want it to go to waste :)

You can but you can't transfer whole car designs, just individual liveries (does that make sense ?)

Also it's an all or nothing deal, you will have a single option to transfer all of your designs, you can't pick and choose.

:hat::omg::wub:

• Upvote 1

You can but you can't transfer whole car designs, just individual liveries (does that make sense ?)

No. A livery is the complete car design. ;)

You can transfer all your vinyl groups (stickers, like) from 3 to 4 indeed.

So where's that lazy whippersnapper Joe McSpeed with his Greenawalt interview then? :P

I wish there was some way to import bitmaps or vector files into the editor. I'd love to make some proper decals, but I just lack the patience to use the built-in editor for anything complicated. It's so cumbersome and unintuitive, especially when you're used to tools like Illustrator or Photoshop.

It's intentionally a bit cumbersome I think - the painting economy would be devalued if you could just import an image.

It's intentionally a bit cumbersome I think - the painting economy would be devalued if you could just import an image.

Plus, I really like it how it is. It constantly amazes me when I look at some of the stuff people made, and it can be hilarious looking at some of the junk too. You look at the PlayStation logos people have uploaded on to the marketplace and just think "how on earth do you believe that's good?"

And when you make something really nice, it feels special to put it on a car whereas if you just downloaded a photo from the internet it'd lose that magic.

I spend more time in the editor than driving. Hah.