IGNORED

Forza Motorsport 4

Pochacco

Race drivers wanted!

Is anyone up for a FM3 night, tonight? Boozy and I will be hosting a couple of races, so if anyone feels like joining us, then don't hesitate to do so. 4 spots taken already (Smith & Romer are already in), so there's still 4 spots left!

I know someone after a ms wheel or poss the crappy logitech ( :P ) sharky - what is the issue with the ms one, is it fixable??

Well, I have both so he can take his pick. I also have the lap adaptor for the logitech if he wants it.

The MS Wheel just has a broken upshifter (although apparently a friend of mine is going to attempt a repair on it), other than that it's totally fine. I'm sure a more practically minded person than myself could fashion somthing to do the job.

Thats great news.

If this gets anywhere near the session i last night with Frag...it'll be fantastic.

The road and tyre in LFS and Rfactor feel very detached from each other - and thats how they should be. You don't need the effects of Shift 2 to nail the intensity.

Playing to the handling's newfound dynamism is a fresh pass on the game's camera that takes some cues from Slightly Mad Studio's two Need for Speed: Shift games. In-car, the leather and plastic of cockpits is more defined, the field of view has been expanded and the pitch and yaw of the car is now more dramatically conveyed in the camera's movements.

Thats ace news. That really helps that detachement i'm on about.

Forza 4 takes this particular round, with the head tracking proving swifter and more responsive than the disappointingly digital movement of Gran Turismo 5 - but it's still a little way off from being reliable or, for that matter, much fun to use.

Frikking first gen tech. Sad news. I thought they'd improve Kinects Lag.

Yeah. I do enjoy S2's effects (apart from stupid blur - i hate that anyway) and the shadows are amazing but i think the key to accurate portrayal is that sense of detachent.

But i didn't realise that until last night.

And if i'm being honest, running at 60fps might have made the difference a well.

Although none of us have issues playing a game, its fair to say that F3's 60fps lends itself to be more tactile in feel.

But its not the whole part.

I dunno, it could just be LFS's tyre simulation or a combination of that, the 60fps, the in car movement and accurate physics.

GT5 for example feels nice, but its too....i dunno, soft. The physics are there and its fast, but the tyres are way too grippy. GT5 does come quite close (and it does many of the things LFS does) but somethings not there.

The cars don't bite quite so hard in GT5 either. In LFS if you lose the back end coming out of a turn, it'll bite fast the other way once you correct yourself. Obviously your gassing for the next section.

In F3 correcting that is easy, but in LFS its much harder. It'll snap.

Fragmeister or someone else can probably better explain it but i also found you don't realise some cars sliding on a corner until your straightening the wheel.

I quite enjoyed that.

You think you have it and your gassing but the rears tyres haven't regained grip.

No. Motion Blur is crap.

A game shouldn't simulate that really.

I can see the concentration argument and it looks, well different, but your eyes will blur fast moving scenary anyway, therefore its a wasted effect and you can concentrate yourself.

FPS's do it when your turning too - Crysis and that. I switch it off.

And probably not. I'll be home about 2100 but i'll be playing Eden tonight.

Race drivers wanted!

Is anyone up for a FM3 night, tonight? Boozy and I will be hosting a couple of races, so if anyone feels like joining us, then don't hesitate to do so. 4 spots taken already (Smith & Romer are already in), so there's still 4 spots left!

Count me in!! What time do festivities begin?

Probably been posted before, but well worth another look :)

The graphics in that first video (Autovista mode) is just so impressive. You can see the light wharping and splitting on the bodywork. If I didn't know it was a game I would have thought it was a car actually in their studio. The second video on the track shows how far they have come in terms of replay visuals as well.

That video of the showroom car looks so real, i thought it was a actual video before the grafix started. Mental. The Wireless WiiWheel looks great too. Picking one of those if its cheap enough when i don't want to set up a big un.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/06/24/bmwblog-special-coverage-a-night-at-m-fest/

BMW went to the trouble of setting up Xbox 360s featuring Forza Motorsport 4 with steering wheels and foot pedals to lap the 24 Hours of Nurburgring race track in the new M5. Even on screen, it is a visceral experience, and it certainly wet our appetite for the racing left to come throughout the weekend.

XQ4dJl.jpg

Seems to confirm that the Nurburgring GP circuit is merged with the Nordschleife for the full 24-hr layout.

I don't think many are that bothered. I was only the only person to ever seem to moan :lol:

Its great news if true though.

Nice to see the sim guys seem to enjoy it, hopefully the physics will take things a level on from GT5. The cockpits certainly look amazing although given then October release i'm surpised they've managed to get them to that level of detail on every car.

Obviously autovista mode only applies to so many cars, and no doubt when you download a pack thats another thing they can add too.

Not sure i want to pay for it.

Link to pics and details of the collectors edition: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/LCE_ForzaMotorsport4/

To be honest it looks a bit bobbins. I wish they had done what was hinted at in the Forza 3 survey I did, and they included stuff like racing gloves or overalls. Completely useless but better than bloody car packs which no doubt will be available as DLC anyway, making them not very limited at all.

The Limited Collector's Edition will also include a ten-car add-on pack featuring a selection of the best classic American muscle cars.

In addition, there will be custom-designed BMW cars (also available for purchase at launch on Xbox LIVE Marketplace) selected as part of the “Forza Motorsport 4 BMW Design Challenge.”, as well as “Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear,” a gorgeous 96-page volume written by the editors at Top Gear.

It features 96-pages of fantastic imagery both from Forza 4 and from Top Gear’s extensive photo library, as well as insightful commentary accompanying the in-game Autovista experience.

Other goodies include: a set of vinyl stickers featuring the logos of “Forza Motorsport 4,” “Top Gear” and “Turn 10;”

VIP Membership status within the Forza community including special recognition in the Forza community, leaderboards, ForzaMotorsport.net and more; and an exclusive BMW theme available for download via Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

In addition to all the sweet stuff above, one of best reasons to get the LCE version of Forza 4 is the 2012 BMW M5, unveiled for the first time as the newest addition to the Forza 4 lineup at this weekend’s 24 Hour of Nürburgring race event in Germany.

The new BMW M5 will be drivable first in Forza Motorsport 4 and will also be featured on the cover of the LCE version of the game. That means the stunning super-sedan will be automatically included in the LCE version of Forza 4, and all Xbox LIVE members will be able to download the car to drive. In addition, fans will be able to explore the meticulous design and impeccable execution of the BMW M5 via Autovista mode, where Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson will take fans on a virtual tour of the world’s most sought-after cars.

FM4-LCE-Art_1.jpg

Gamersyde has pics of the new M5 in the game: Link

image_forza_motorsport_4-16253-2069_0001.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-16253-2069_0002.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-16253-2069_0003.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-16253-2069_0004.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-16253-2069_0005.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-16254-2069_0001.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-16254-2069_0002.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-16254-2069_0003.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-16254-2069_0004.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-16254-2069_0005.jpg:wub:

Bundled together in a polished Steelbook DVD Case, the Limited Collector’s Edition content will include the following:

The VIP Car Pack:

2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge

2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera

2010 Noble M600

2011 RUF Rt 12 R

The limited quantity “Ship Bonus” car pack available for fans who order Forza 4 early:

1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe

2011 Koenigsegg Agera

1997 Lexus SC300

2011 RUF RGT-8

2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

The Limited Collector's Edition of Forza Motorsport 4 will cost £59.99.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-27-the-forza-4-limited-collectors-edition

There are pre-order bonuses for the Standarad Edition of Forza 4 at various UK shops.

Game gives a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (unfortunate acronym alert);

Gamestation gives a Mini John Cooper Works Clubman;

Amazon gives an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde;

HMV gives a Honda CR-Z EX; and

Zavvi, The Hut and ShopTo give a BMW 1 Series Coupe.

Pricey but I will buy it.

The VIP membership alone makes having the limited edition a must. The amount of cars that were gifted to you by Turn !0 for being a VIP in Forza 3 was quite impressive I felt.

Also I am very sure if you shop around you will be able to obtain it at a cheaper price.

Could someone please explain to me the point of importing your Forza 3 save on to Forza 4 being that you will be starting a completely new career mode and obviously purchasing Forza 4 vehicles ?

Not a lot of info available on the importing feature at the moment, just that your will keep you livery designs although this could be limited to the individual pieces rather than full car designs. Also you will be automatically gifted certain cars depending on your Forza 3 level and garage. e.g. you won't get your enitre garage and probably just a fraction of the cars you own in F3 will be automatically given to you.