IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

I’ve dusted off the old Vita and have a few queries. I was a PSPlus member back in the days when they were giving away fairly recent PS Vita releases (I remember having Muramasa; Uncharted; MGS 2 & 3 and Gravity Rush). Is there a way without resubscribing of finding out what games I have access to?

Secondly, are save game data tied to the game icon? So if I delete a game do I also delete my save? I vaguely remember something odd like that.

For the first question, you won't have access to any of the games you claimed on PSPlus until you re-subscribe. For games that you do have a license for, the only way to download them now is logging on to the shop on the vita and finding the game, or scrolling through your download list. 

For the second question, yes. It will delete the save data too. If you have a PS Plus subscription the saves for PS Vita games are backed up to the cloud.

NB: You have to manually turn on the ‘save to cloud’ feature for each game.

I think the first question was more about knowing which games were acquired via PS+. I  don’t recall these being marked as such, even in your download history.

• 4 months later...

I have a vita with a 16GB card in it. I have ordered a 32GB card and plan to switch over so I can have all the games I want sat on it before they shut the store. 

1. Whats the best way to upgrade the card? I am not bothered about any of my saves really. Should I just switch the cards and redownload what I want? 

2. Can I then still use the 16GB card to store games on (say all the psone classics) and just swap the cards as needed? 

3. I know games have been delisted from the store over the years, but are all games that I have bought over the years still available for download? Or do I need to check every game on the current 16GB card to make sure its still on the store? 

4. Is there a way for me to see which games in my download list are part of PS+? I have a PS+ sub at the moment but I might not renew and I don't want games that I stick on that card to become inactive if my sub lapses. 

Anything else I need to consider before I set this bad boy up for the next 10 years?

27 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

I have a vita with a 16GB card in it. I have ordered a 32GB card and plan to switch over so I can have all the games I want sat on it before they shut the store. 

1. Whats the best way to upgrade the card? I am not bothered about any of my saves really. Should I just switch the cards and redownload what I want? 

2. Can I then still use the 16GB card to store games on (say all the psone classics) and just swap the cards as needed? 

3. I know games have been delisted from the store over the years, but are all games that I have bought over the years still available for download? Or do I need to check every game on the current 16GB card to make sure its still on the store? 

4. Is there a way for me to see which games in my download list are part of PS+? I have a PS+ sub at the moment but I might not renew and I don't want games that I stick on that card to become inactive if my sub lapses. 

Anything else I need to consider before I set this bad boy up for the next 10 years?

Theres a Vita pc app, you can back up everything and transfer it over

10 hours ago, Yiggy said:

Mod it, using SD2Vita.  Theres a thread in retro.  You'll be able to use SD cards that are massive capacity and way more reliable than Sony's ultra expensive cards.

1 hour ago, dumpster said:

Mod it, using SD2Vita.  Theres a thread in retro.  You'll be able to use SD cards that are massive capacity and way more reliable than Sony's ultra expensive cards.

Definitely endorse this and it’s not too hard to do

Yes, completely do this. It lets you migrate your existing card to the new one, the Vita thinks it's just using an ordinary card, and unless you're using actual game cards in the game card slot you won't even notice the difference. I have every single thing I purchased on Vita or got through PS+ installed on mine now for about £30. You don't have to do a single other thing about homebrew if you don't want. (I forgot to.)

• 2 months later...

Anyone got a ballpark figure for a rough value for this little lot?

After two years of not playing a single second on them, I'm considering getting rid of my Vita Collection.

Red OLED Vita, JP.  Used but very nice.  Boxed.

Black Call of Duty OLED Vita EU.  Used but very nice.  Not boxed.

Red LCD Vita JP. Boxed.  Never used except for periodically charging the battery.

32 and 64 GB cards.

White PS Vita TV.  Boxed.

The following games, mostly UK but some JP.  All boxed.

Akiba's Trip

Asphalt

Assassin's Creed Chronicles. JP

Assassin's Creed Liberation

Borderlands 2

Bullet Girls

Child of Light

Civilization Revolution 2

Criminal Girls

Danganrompa

Darius Burst

Dead or Alive 5