IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Looks like I jumped the gun. It's out in the US and Japan, but not Europe for some inexplicable reason.

Physical release is due through Limited Run Games and is said to be the largest Vita print run they've done. No date set yet, but likely to be soon now.

10 hours ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Looks like I jumped the gun. It's out in the US and Japan, but not Europe for some inexplicable reason.

Physical release is due through Limited Run Games and is said to be the largest Vita print run they've done. No date set yet, but likely to be soon now.

Cheers but I'm having nothing to do with LRG so I guess I'll wait.

45 minutes ago, SMD said:

I think the way they treat their customers is shit and I'm deeply suspicious about their admission that they cater to scalpers.

I've questioned them numerous times about their decision to let people buy two copies of a game. The argument has always been that some collectors like to have one version to p,at and one to keep. Fair enough, but if you want one to play just buy a digital version.

in terms of customer service I've been buying games from them since the start and never had any issues.

2 minutes ago, strider said:

I've questioned them numerous times about their decision to let people buy two copies of a game. The argument has always been that some collectors like to have one version to p,at and one to keep. Fair enough, but if you want one to play just buy a digital version.

in terms of customer service I've been buying games from them since the start and never had any issues.

Their cart system is shambolic and if they truly wanted to serve the fans, they'd have preorders rather than this mad rush.

I'd rather take my money elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, SMD said:

Their cart system is shambolic and if they truly wanted to serve the fans, they'd have preorders rather than this mad rush.

I'd rather take my money elsewhere.

I definitely agree with that - I find their attitude to a pre-order service as very nonsensical. They could maximise sales by meeting the demand better - as an example, both Play Asia and Data Discs have a early pre-order followed by a general sale, and it works.

However, I think Limited Run are still the best in both securing indie games I want to buy, and pricing is really quite decent too. Also, I do think they are getting better at judging demand with some releases now lasting a few days (although I still don't understand why having stock for a week/month is seen as a disastrous outcome)

13 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Looks different, I'll be in! But that 'trailer' is atrocious.

Agreed, great music video. I do like to the music, but had to read up on the game separately, 

I'm in! 

Grabbed chaos child recently, I hope I like it more than root letter (gave up/fell asleep after 6 hours or so) 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vimster said:

I assume there's no way to downgrade Vitas yet.

Afraid not, you'd need a Kernal exploit for that, and if you had one, there would be no need to downgrade as they could just update the HEN ( Homebrew Enabler ) software for it to run at a higher fw, which would be handy, as currently you are locked out of anything requiring a fw of 3.61 or higher when running Vita games.

So I ended up buying a PSVIta as part of a Nintendo 3DS bundle. Checked firmware but sadly it's on 3.65.  Long shot but I'd happily swap it with some that has a 3.60 with some money on top (can they still connect to PSStore?)

Anyway, It came with  persona 4. I've been claiming all the PSVita games on PSPlus for years so I have THAT backlog to get through too.  Anything else that is a must PSVita buy?

2 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

So I ended up buying a PSVIta as part of a Nintendo 3DS bundle. Checked firmware but sadly it's on 3.65.  Long shot but I'd happily swap it with some that has a 3.60 with some money on top (can they still connect to PSStore?)

Anyway, It came with  persona 4. I've been claiming all the PSVita games on PSPlus for years so I have THAT backlog to get through too.  Anything else that is a must PSVita buy?

apparently you can buy a 3.60 mobo from certain chinese websites and just swap yours out. r/vitahacks had some info on this i seem to recall.