Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Fellow Vita owners, I need recommendations. I'm "stuck" in a hotel for one month without access to my PS4, so time to dust off the Vita and 3DS. What are games of utter brill quality? I already own Persona 4 golden, Y's, one of the Atelier games etc. Very tempted by the latest Darius (rather expensive though) and one of the many visual novel games or whatever they are called.

Edit: no need to recommend Senran Kagura, already have that and I feel ashamed.

Similarly, DanganRonpa. The first one. It is on sale just now I think. It's Phoenix Wright meets Battle Royale. The second one isn't as good overall, and there's a shitty interquel shooter spinoff thing which should be ignored, but that first one is great.

Otherwise if you like strategy games, Tactics Ogre on PSP.

Fellow Vita owners, I need recommendations. I'm "stuck" in a hotel for one month without access to my PS4, so time to dust off the Vita and 3DS. What are games of utter brill quality? I already own Persona 4 golden, Y's, one of the Atelier games etc. Very tempted by the latest Darius (rather expensive though) and one of the many visual novel games or whatever they are called.

Edit: no need to recommend Senran Kagura, already have that and I feel ashamed.

Persona Q on 3DS? It has less story than P4 but a better battle system, and is wonderful in its own right.

Some very good recommendations in here already, but most of all I have to second the brilliant Virtue's Last Reward.

If you want to go for a pure visual novel, though, Steins;Gate is worth a shout; I've played about six hours of it so far, and once you get over the fact that the protagonist is a bit of a bell, it's a really interesting Sci-Fi thriller. In fact, between that and VLR you'll have enough time travel shenanigans to keep you muddled for weeks! ;)

Been enjoying super Star Wars over Christmas. It reminds me of when I first bought it on snes Christmas Eve about 20 odd years ago. I must say, I've fallen out of love with the vita though. It's a great console, but I'm disheartened by the sheer amount of digital releases. I love collecting and it pains me knowing so many great games aren't available in physical form. I know it's my own personal issue, but it still grates.

If you want to go for a pure visual novel, though, Steins;Gate is worth a shout; I've played about six hours of it so far, and once you get over the fact that the protagonist is a bit of a bell, it's a really interesting Sci-Fi thriller.

I read this a lot (okay, twice) but I can assure you that by the end, you'll look back and realise Okabe is the best of the bunch.

I read this a lot (okay, twice) but I can assure you that by the end, you'll look back and realise Okabe is the best of the bunch.

Oh, a good number of the supporting cast were less likeable than he from the start (even before considering what their personalities might be hiding), but at least I don't have to play as them.

I quite liked Steins; Gate but even for someone who likes to kick back with a visual novel generally, it wasn't quite interactive enough for me. Almost felt like I could have rolled some dice at the beginning and just let the story play out.

The story was cracking though, if not quite VLR/Danganronpa standard. Although the ending I got was pretty bloody dark at points.

I'm not being funny but as a huge 999/VLR enthusiast and having had it recommended to me by numerous like-minded types, I've played 10 hours of it and I'm not convinced. It might be starting to turn a corner, but then I've had that feeling before. I'm in the middle of August I think, is there a point at which it starts to go somewhere? How long is it?

Been enjoying super Star Wars over Christmas. It reminds me of when I first bought it on snes Christmas Eve about 20 odd years ago. I must say, I've fallen out of love with the vita though. It's a great console, but I'm disheartened by the sheer amount of digital releases. I love collecting and it pains me knowing so many great games aren't available in physical form. I know it's my own personal issue, but it still grates.

The handhelds are leading the charge (This has happened on 3DS too, most notably with Phoenix Wright) but I think sadly this is something we're going to have to get used to in the future.

It's a lower risk for the publisher, it avoids piles of unsold stock and the kind of person who'd be interested in more obscure titles is the kind of person who will ultimately pay for a digital one so they can play it.

I'm not being funny but as a huge 999/VLR enthusiast and having had it recommended to me by numerous like-minded types, I've played 10 hours of it and I'm not convinced. It might be starting to turn a corner, but then I've had that feeling before. I'm in the middle of August I think, is there a point at which it starts to go somewhere? How long is it?

If you're struggling with it as a VN, I might suggest there is a tv series that covers near enough the full thing. I've only seen that and the general consensus is that it's a great show but that the VN is a better overall experience.

I can't say exactly when in the novel that things start happening but when Cern start getting mentioned, it begins to pick up.

I watched the Steins:Gate anime first, and so have an idea of where everything slots in. It's a shame to spoil the story first, but it also results in the slow pace not being so much of an issue.

If the game is anything like the anime, it will get really, really good towards the end.

Okabe is also a more nuanced character when he's not doing the whole Hohouin Kyouma twat shit.

"Bang Bang Groove" and "March of Fear" cleared on 6Trax Stage Mode of Superbeat Xonic. :D Break shields weren't doing it for me as they'd be gone within seconds; high recovery was fine but still couldn't save me during the deer-in-a-headlights moments, so I opted for HP+ instead, giving me a massive health bar so that I could make a ton of mistakes and maybe claw back some energy later in the songs. :P Yay!

EDIT: turns out I can actually survive the last stage in mission mode with high HP+ - I just can't meet the requirements to pass - so I'll just have to see if it unlocks in Stage Mode

That list would be a lot shorter if you took out all the games featuring suspiciously young girls in very short skirts. The cumulative effect of scrolling through that list became really fucking creepy after a while.

On the plus side I'm really, really looking forward to Super Forget Me Not. Although I'm not holding my breath for it. Four years I've been waiting to play that game on something other than a touch screen.

I just want Volume, Oddworld New n Tasty, Axiom Verge, Cosmic Star Heroine and The Banner Saga to hurry up.

Volume is finally out next week.

The Banner Sagas been put on hold, the company who was porting it from PC to XBone, PS4 and Vita went under and Stoic had to go to another dwv but didn't have the money to continue the Vita port. They've said if it makes enough in consoles they'll continue development on Vita

The Banner Sagas been put on hold, the company who was porting it from PC to XBone, PS4 and Vita went under and Stoic had to go to another dwv but didn't have the money to continue the Vita port. They've said if it makes enough in consoles they'll continue development on Vita

I think Sony stepped in to help finish the port.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/23/10659004/the-banner-saga-ps-vita-port