IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Dead inside! It's utterly superb! So much so I'll be buying it to keep.

No offence deKay, but you'll buy any old crap! The thing abot Woah Dave, and a lot of these indie games is that they just aren't as good as the mass of the really good stuff you could be playing.

Also, the PlayStation 20th anniversary theme for the Vita really is lovely. And it's free.

Puyo Puyo Tetris news - I discovered I had $10 of credit sitting unused for 8 years in my Yes Asia account since I bought some DS games. I don't exactly know what that credit was for - they seem to have just handed out a lot of free credit with every purchase when I used them back then?! £24 then for the game. Probably take a month to arrive judging by how slow that site apparently is to deliver, but hey!

That game seems so fun http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-puyo-puyo-tetris/2300-9838/

*Tactics Ogre Tip Attack*

Once you get your head around crafting weapons (that are not available for sale) it makes progress a lot easier. There's a bit of grinding involved, but not a lot, just enough to pay for stuff and get parts. It's done in the shops.

As for other tips, always check the Warren Report after battles, it sometimes unlocks things and don't kill humans with humans of the same Nationality, as your reputation will nosedive in that Nation and those units will also be less 'loyal'. Archers are amazing...I try to have 2 in every crew...and upgrade their weapons first, they can be deadly. And hard save a lot!

Ive just realised ive never played resident evil 2 or 3, and i can play them on the vita! I probably wont get round to playing them both, so which one should I get? They are both available from PSN right?

Theres a resident evil 1,2 and 3 bundle link. Its been on sale quite a lot so I'd hang on and wait for it to be reduced again.

Seems unclear. The Tetris rights are a complex web but Ubisoft has them locked up at the moment for Europe and USA (and they put out that apparently slightly rubbish Tetris Ultimate), to such an extent that even old Tetris games have been removed from sale (eg Game Boy Tetris removed from the Nintendo eshop), while I guess Sega must have the rights for Japan? All of that said, they ported it to Xbox One, which doesn't seem to make very much sense to me for a Japan-only release.

Yes Asia have it at a similar sort of price I see,

I HAVE to get Puyo Puyo Tetris now.

Any format, I must have it.

Puyo Puyo Tetris news - I discovered I had $10 of credit sitting unused for 8 years in my Yes Asia account since I bought some DS games. I don't exactly know what that credit was for - they seem to have just handed out a lot of free credit with every purchase when I used them back then?! £24 then for the game. Probably take a month to arrive judging by how slow that site apparently is to deliver, but hey!

That game seems so fun http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-puyo-puyo-tetris/2300-9838/

Picked mine up from Nippon-Yasan if you (or anyone else who is interested) are after an alternative shop.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/japanese-video-games-playstation-vita/6281-ps-vita-puyopuyo-tetris.html

It's good fun, not much in the way of translation barriers (... it's Tetris) (and Puyo) but I found these resources useful. The French one not so much but the menu screens show English translations.

http://bayoen.fr/ppt/menus.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/731137-puyo-puyo-tetris/68629335

I lasted about forty minutes on Duke Nukem before I stopped playing. It was OK for a while, until I kept getting repeatedly killed by pigs popping out of secret entrances. And I really didn't like the naked women who begged for you to kill them and then exploded in a big pile of guts when you did. I get the impression that you needed to have played it back when it came out to appreciate it now.

Duke is absolutely of its time yes, both in terms of mechanics and tone. I'm not sure I'd recommend someone who never played it, play it.

Duke 3D was kind of the swan song for the Doom Clone genre. That particular approach to level design and secrets and fun gimmicks was washed away by Quake which was just operating on another plane entirely.

It's really, really childish though, yeah.

Alex W nails it - Quake took FPS design to the next level. At the time there was nothing else like it. Experiencing Quake GL for the first time was gobsmacking.

Anyway - perhaps a discussion best saved for another thread, or until Vita Quake!

Duke 3D was kind of the swan song for the Doom Clone genre. That particular approach to level design and secrets and fun gimmicks was washed away by Quake which was just operating on another plane entirely.

A really boring, brown plane :(

I never really got on with Quake's single-player (and tired of Quake 2's before the end), and as a non-multiplayer, er, player, they never held much interest for me. Give me Doom (2) and Dark Forces any day! Or Duke and Exhumed, in a pinch.

A really boring, brown plane :(

I never really got on with Quake's single-player (and tired of Quake 2's before the end), and as a non-multiplayer, er, player, they never held much interest for me. Give me Doom (2) and Dark Forces any day! Or Duke and Exhumed, in a pinch.

Oi, where's the game of the year thread?