Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Yesterday Aksys uploaded an official trailer for Mind Zero and confirmed that it would be available in NA on May 27 and digitally for Europe on May 28. Those dates had been rumoured for months due to appearances on certain pre-order pages, but it's nice to have some confirmation. Mind Zero is a first-person dungeon crawler where you play as a student who forms a contract with a demon he can summon from his mind, or something. If all of that sounds a bit like pre-PS2 era Persona, then at least it's not just me who feels that way, but hopefully it won't be inspired by Atlus' PS1 games too much; I'd rather not have to face fifty random battles every second... ;)

Aksys Games

Yeah, the trailer's crap and the gameplay doesn't look earth-shattering, but I'm a sucker for dungeon crawlers if they're done well and I know there was a bit of chatter about it when it was first revealed. For the moment I'm just pleased that it's been dated for the west, but in the meantime I'll wait on more impressions from US peeps.

Is that Deception game in any way related to the one on PS1 by any chance? seem to remember playing that old title and finding it enjoyable.....

No more Vita titles until I finish FF-X though, I still have a 3DS pile of shame a mile high :)

My new arrivals:13483887183_975e70ac13_z.jpgLooking forward to giving them a bit of time today - that is if I can avoid Dark Souls 2...

Ive said it before and Ill say it again Sorcery Saga is Dark Souls' "cute" sibling

So if you saw the Mind Zero trailer up there and wanted more new trailers of Vita JRPGs with not enough gameplay footage, NIS posted their second English trailer for Demon Gaze earlier this week; a forthcoming dungeon crawler where you go around defeating demons in order to ultimately seal them for use in battle:

Again, it could be crap, but it looks like the Vita won't be short of dungeon crawlers in Spring. :)

It's definitely trending a lot lower than Sony would like; the PSP shifted about 25 million units in its first two years on sale internationally, whereas the Vita has sold 4 million. Saying that the PSP managed to outsell the NES and SNES so it's not like it's a low bar. They just haven't found a killer app for it.

I wonder what the percentage of games sold for the Vita compare to that of games sold for the PSP.

Clearly less Vita systems out there, but are the games selling better than they did for PSP.

Are we getting 1 game sold for every 10 Vitas, compared to 1 in every 30 for PSP?

Well the Vita's also in a different situation from what the PSP faced on its launch since it has ever increasingly more powerful smartphones and their games to contend with.

The PSP had a good 2 year start before the first iPhone came out.

Not sure if this is any good compared to other offers, but in my latest email from Amazon they're offering a free game from the below selection when you buy a Slim Vita (£179):

Uncharted GA

Jak Trilogy

Resistance BS

Tearaway

Sly Cooper TIT

Killzone Mercenary

Soul Sacrifice

Wipeout 2048

Reality Fighters

Little Deviants

Smart As

Everybody's Golf

LittleBigPlanet

Epic Mickey 2

Gravity Rush

PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale

Modnation Racers RT

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_950311_46212211_pe_row3_b1_t/?docId=1000793223

Have Vita sales picked up since the excellent range of indie games started and people get the old model for the last time? Or are sales still awful?

It's picked up enough in Japan that its future is not in doubt at least. In, er, Japan.

Everywhere else.. best not to ask.

Ok, so I picked up Fez. And it's cute. I'm only about 2-3hrs in and am enjoying the mechanics...

However, I'm lost. Literally. I keep finding new bits and collecting mini-cubes, but I'm just following my nose. Am i doing it right?

I have tried to use the map, but i don't really find it any use to navigate. It shows how 'worlds' link, but not where specifically within 'worlds' you need to go (i.e. which doorway). Also, i've got about 11 cubes so can go back to the place where there were doors with 4 or 8 cube requirements to enter - at least, i could if i had a chuffin' clue where that was!

Help!