Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Couldn't agree more. I think the only reason I am very slowly playing through it is because it's simply one of those games a serious gamer should play. It's far from a bad game, but there is simply far far too much mucking about between dungeons. And the characters are annoying as well. Interesting story though

That bolded bit is the reason a lot of people (particularly those of us with little interest in traditional JRPGs) really like the game - the fact that so much of the game doesn't revolve around grinding your way through dungeons, and instead is spent hanging out with the various characters in the game, building up character skills and links, and fusing personae.

Of course, if the characters aren't grabbing you; if you don't enjoy spending more time managing your character's day than punching monsters in the face; if you can't stand the anime-styled presentation then you're not likely to enjoy the game. As with every game, not everybody is going to like it, and that's fine (if frustrating for those who shell out money and come away disappointed).

That list of upcoming games is amazing.

The Vita really is the best console at the moment. What a stunning turnaround by Sony.

...that Steamworld Dig game just released is pretty impressive, too - and for a verrry correct price (€9)

Agreed

For me, it's the best one since 7, and I ended up sinking loads of hours into it. The skill tree is the best skill system in a FF game I can think of, and the underwater football game that I've forgotten the name of turned out to be surprisingly great fun. I seem to remember some monster collecting things as well that was good.

That said, it's got a few sections that really drag, particularly at the start, and the story is a bit predictable. Better than 8 though for sure, and slightly better than 9 overall (though I preferred 9's story).

I'm enjoying it :) I really like RPGs, but I absolutely cannot play them on a 'big' console, so that's the reason I was looking forward to FF X on Vita so much. Perfect game to quickly play for ten minutes, or to sink an hour into before bed.

Yeah, I bought it because I have fond memories of the awesome skill/battle system and because I was keen to see what it looked like on the Vita. The visuals certainly don't disappoint - I'm not far in but Besaid and Kilika at sunset both looked amazing. The story's typical JRPG nonsense really but I'm not finding it particularly offensive. I'd forgotten how annoying Tidus' voice is though.

Weirdly, I'm gravitating much more towards big, timesink type games on the Vita than the more arcadey stuff. It's such a great system system though - my only regret is that I didn't get one sooner.

Weirdly, I'm gravitating much more towards big, timesink type games on the Vita than the more arcadey stuff. It's such a great system system though - my only regret is that I didn't get one sooner.

Being able to stop and start whenever you want at the press of a button is just so handy for this. Granted you could put the PSP to sleep as well but there's something far more accessible about it on the Vita.

Playing Final Fantasy X HD and it's perfect for the Vita. It still holds up really well and makes me with SE had ported Kingdom Hearts to the system as well when they did it's HD version. It looks great on the screen and the music is a lot better than I remember it being, my only complaint so far is that I can't independently adjust the music and voice volumes with the voice acting sometimes being drowned out by the music. The voice acting is not always the greatest quality, Tidus in particular can sound really tinny during some of his voice over scenes. Having got 40 hours into this the first time around before giving up due to being underleveled for one of the later bosses, I'm definitely going to try and actually finish it this time.

I was in Leeds city centre the other day, right in the mood to impulse buy a Vita. My only options seemed to be the overpriced slim model on its own, or a bundle with the old model for way more than i've seen it before. GAME had a good bundle of the Wifi model, LBP and Tearaway, and a memory card, for £155. So naturally they were out of stock.

I never played FFX first time around but christ Tidus is a prick isn't he? :) I actually called him Prick. Mind you every time he has a face to face conversation with Lulu I can't stop myself imagining the conversation ending with Prick saying "Wow. Talking tits"

Combat system so far seems to be utterly FF bog standard with the seemingly pointless addition of specific characters to take out specific sorts of trash mobs. I'm just after the first blitzball game and it still feels like I'm playing the tutorial. Does it get any less on rails though? Blitzball can go and fuck itself though. A twenty section tutorial and then it makes you wait about 30 minutes so you forget everything before you get a game. And I hate the game. :)

Sounds harsh I know but I'm actually enjoying it. Apart from the space water football though. That can fuck off.

It doesn't sound harsh, it sounds wrong :D Can you point out the things Tidus has done so far that make him a prick? Your first play through and you name him Prick within minutes of playing, it doesn't sound like you've actually given the character any chance at all.

Blitzball is amazing, I'm still annoyed they never released a fleshed out standalone version. My friend and I sunk many hours into Blitzball alone, alternating games in tournaments. Recruiting random people from around the world was a really nice touch too. I did get annoyed when in the second half my Jecht Shot was interrupted literally mid animation, so I didn't score. I had to restart that section to win :(

It doesn't sound harsh, it sounds wrong :D Can you point out the things Tidus has done so far that make him a prick? Your first play through and you name him Prick within minutes of playing, it doesn't sound like you've actually given the character any chance at all.

Blitzball is amazing, I'm still annoyed they never released a fleshed out standalone version. My friend and I sunk many hours into Blitzball alone, alternating games in tournaments. Recruiting random people from around the world was a really nice touch too. I did get annoyed when in the second half my Jecht Shot was interrupted literally mid animation, so I didn't score. I had to restart that section to win :(

I was working under the normally accurate assumption that all male FF protagonists are whiny pricks :) Also I fucking hate football and sports in general so throwing in a massive sports theme to the world saving is just a way to annoy me. Doesn't the first intro movie have him showing off like a cock because he's so good at space waterball? (And then he's level 1 when you play your first game). I'm very surprised to be enjoying it as much as I am to be honest. I suspect I'll like X-2 better since Yuna has boobs. Is that the one where you get to play costume dressup with the girls?

Just wait until you get to the forced laugh scene, my God. Make sure you take off your shoes or your toes may break when they're curling up in pure cringeworthy loathing.

That's what I was meaning to ask. Can I change the audio to Japanese or something? Him and Wakka-Wakka might not piss me off so much then. Ya?

Also "specific people for specific enemy types", they're called Jobs and have existed in Final Fantasy since the start and make total sense. Wakka can hit aerial, Lulu elemental types, Auron and Kimhari are great for anything with body armour.

Also, Tidus does perve on Lulu, theres the bit with the binoculars on the boat, plus I'm certain he's having a good look here

BjXR6SLIgAA10Vv.jpg

Not a huge FF player here mind you so I may end up speaking lots of obvious without realising it. I still think Wakka needs a better weapon than a space football though :)

How do you take screenshots on the Vita?

Press the home button + start at the same time

One thing thats always baffled me with X, how the hell do I know piece of equipment is better than another? They don't have any stats!