Playstation Vita

Robo_1

My week old vita fell out of my bag while I was on my bike earlier :( put a jagged dent in the left side of it. More panic as as I switched it on as my memory card didn't show up, luckily turning it off ejecting and reinserting the card sorted it now, everything else fine and it looks mildy cool in a battle scarred way :)

I am terrible at Hotline Miami on Vita

Spelunky is the perfect game for me on it

Dynasty warriors a the surprise hit for me which I wasn't remotely expecting.

It's a sturdy little thing! I was playing it in bed, then put down and lifted up the bed sheet to get out with immense force, forgetting it was there, and it slammed into the wall then fell and hit the floor. Not a mark. My 3DS would have been in bits, and my 3DS XL would have probably been embedded in the wall.

I really should go back to P4G. Only did the first dungeon (is that what they're called in this) but I didn't really get on with it.

I liked the social stuff but it's the combat I always struggle with (in pretty much all RPGs). I'd really like to try a Ys game but I suppose I'd struggle with combat in that too.

Anyway I'm now playing Danganronpa, which should keep me busy for a little while.

Normal is probably okay; the Vita game is more generous with restarts than the PS2 original and so death isn't such a huge setback :) Besides, if you are stuck at any point there are loads of people here who can offer tips and advice :D

Aye, many senpai. You're our sensei though, Qaz.

Aye, many senpai. You're our sensei though, Qaz.

Aww :blush: A while ago I did actually think about writing some shorthand P4 notes for myself in a GoogleDoc or something and maybe make it available for public viewing; not really a walkthrough, just Things That I Should Have Done At This Point In The Game (fusing Valkyrie, levelling up Rise, the best time to take on optional bonus bosses) - but I do a lot of stuff automatically without thinking about it so it's really hard to note stuff down without skipping entire sections. I think my handwritten notes for the PS2 game basically told me where to go in the weird teleporting dungeon rooms, which days certain jobs/s.links were available... and one big note telling me to level up Rise and abuse the SP regen to buy more time. I think that was under-levelled endgame stress...

SP regen, and the realisation that I could grind the dungeons any time (thought you could only go in when prompted for ages!), really helped me get through that wall that all RPGs seem to have, to get to that point where you start doing hundreds of damage rather than tens (working the elemental combat system really helps, obviously). I know there must be lots still to do - I haven't done any fishing or bug catching, and I saw something about model making when I was checking a day's events online one time (really weird seeing the other ways the relationships could have panned out, too).

I don't have Valkyrie though. A personal favourite of yours, or a game changer for any player?

SP regen, and the realisation that I could grind the dungeons any time (thought you could only go in when prompted for ages!), really helped me get through that wall that all RPGs seem to have, to get to that point where you start doing hundreds of damage rather than tens (working the elemental combat system really helps, obviously). I know there must be lots still to do - I haven't done any fishing or bug catching, and I saw something about model making when I was checking a day's events online one time (really weird seeing the other ways the relationships could have panned out, too).

I don't have Valkyrie though. A personal favourite of yours, or a game changer for any player?

Valkyrie's just my go-to for dealing with Shadow Yukiko more comfortably since it's easy to fuse and has the Media skill early on, although this is all PS2 technique, so it's probably easier now to just use anyone with Bufu and keep exposing her new ice weakness... And yeah, there's tons of stuff I can miss with my personal approach to the game as I focus my efforts elsewhere, so my priorities won't be the same as other people's. :D