rllmuk
Robo_1

Playstation Vita

If it's a large cutscene you press start and it fast forwards through the speech unless you have a choice to make. Other chats are quickly skipped if you want to but it's one of the few JRPG's I haven't wanted to do that with.

Hello mukers. Long time lurker, 1st post here, used to post on old edge and NTSC too.

Thought my 1st post should be about the Vita. It has blown me away since picking one up in October, I'm not a handheld gamer but oh my its magnificent, isn't it? Can't believe its struggling as it has such good word of mouth....and DAT screen.

Another vote for Persona 4G. Don't like most JRPG, liked Grandia that I picked up on PSOne classics and the old Story of Thor types but not turn based party stuff but P4G is brilliant, so captivating and charming its really not like anything else I have played either.

• Upvote 6

Constantly pressing X to wade through endless tedious and pointless conversations is my main gripe. How does P4 fare in this respect?

I skipped through loads of it, and found it pretty rubbish (unsurprisingly). So don't get it if you plan on skipping through it.

Too late. The combination of it looking like a tarted up version of the master system's Spellcaster and some positive comments on meta critic have made me buy it. Already had some credit.

I was speaking to a friend the other day who is convinced the vita is rubbish. I asked him why and his argument was it's full of ports of old games. I asked him how many of those games he had played and he said none. What sort of cretin criticises a console for being full of great games they haven't played, just because they've been out on ofpther systems. I mean for fuck's sake. I get this so many times (even at work) and it's so fucking frustrating. God knows how it makes Sony feel.

• Upvote 5

See that is the thing I'd like to ask those who don't want a Vita.

What do YOU want to be on there to buy it?

For me, it has a great balance of games that are suited to the system and bring me great joy to play.

Discovered last night that you can leave a Vita game in standby, use PS4 Link, and then go back to your Vita game. Amazing! I knew that worked for the store and a few other bits, but didn't expect that to work.

I almost bought P4 in the christmas sale but I saw this post and it put me right off.

Holy shit, don't let my nonsense post put you off. That was more a comment on how weird I am rather than the game. There's nothing in the game that would give a regular person a boner.

Still love Yukiko though. And Chie.

• Upvote 2

I was speaking to a friend the other day who is convinced the vita is rubbish. I asked him why and his argument was it's full of ports of old games. I asked him how many of those games he had played and he said none. What sort of cretin criticises a console for being full of great games they haven't played, just because they've been out on ofpther systems. I mean for fuck's sake. I get this so many times (even at work) and it's so fucking frustrating. God knows how it makes Sony feel.

Thing is isn't this more a fault of Sony's marketing? They aren't getting the message out after two years and at best people think its just a port heavy repeat of the PSP. They should be doing more to spread the word and show off how great it actually is.

Thing is isn't this more a fault of Sony's marketing? They aren't getting the message out after two years and at best people think its just a port heavy repeat of the PSP. They should be doing more to spread the word and show off how great it actually is.

As for marketing, I certainly had no idea how generous PS+ was. Signed up to it so I could earmark the monthly free PS4 games before getting one later this year, but took a look at the Vita section just out of curiousity. Some great stuff for £0! Gravity Rush, Uncharted, can only imagine what I've missed out on in the past. The prospect of a Vita just became far more appealing.

Thanks to earlier posts this happened earlier.

BeIB_ZBIIAATxvS.jpg

200 kr each in a Gamestop here, absolute bargain for here in Sweden. Roll on weekend!

Yay! Don't forget to check into the P4G thread if you have any questions or just want to share experiences :)

• Upvote 1

Hotline Miami on Vita is amazing. It's absolutely essential.

The only issue is that once you get into the rhythm of it (and that's the right word) it's actually pretty easy

I noticed that a local store has the PS Vita TV for S$149 (about GBP70). I'd be really tempted if only there were more "baby games" for it, as it'd be perfect for my 5y.o. to play the goodies from PS+

I'm sure I didn't say git. I'm pretty sure what I said was worse.

That was from Tuts. I wouldn't type what you call me in case children are reading.

It seems like a reasonable criticism to me. I probably haven't played most of those games either, but if I wanted to, I'd buy them for the systems I already own (PC, PS3, 3DS, etc). Aside from the portability, why would I buy another system for games I can get elsewhere?

I too have a friend who has written the machine off, to be fair he did own one for a few months, and despite my encouragement to try stuff like Hotline Miami and Persona 4 he just didn't. I think he's far too into the big budget triple A titles that everyone seems to believe the Vita has to have, even though its been shown time and time again that simply porting a series to a handheld doesn't work and the reason Nintendo's handheld software sells so well is they have their own take of popular franchises (i.e. the Mario's and Zelda's etc are very different to their console counter parts and don't even carry the same subtitles etc).

There does seem to be two types of consumers when it comes to consoles though, those who buy a console and wait for the games to come and those that identify the games they want to play and then buy the console that best fits that purpose.

It seems like a reasonable criticism to me. I probably haven't played most of those games either, but if I wanted to, I'd buy them for the systems I already own (PC, PS3, 3DS, etc). Aside from the portability, why would I buy another system for games I can get elsewhere?

DAT OLED? It makes every single game look twice as nice IMO.

Unrelated but why is DOOM not on Vita? Gimme Ultimate Final DOOM with everything in it as a 20th Anniversary Edition. Don't you like money Zenimax? Would happily pay £10. Maybe when TESO tanks....

For me the portability is a huge bonus and in most cases my preferred format for 2D games.