IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

I am really, really impressed with MGS2 on the Vita. I spent most of this evening doing the Tanker chapter and once you get used to the odd touch controls it's a near-immaculate version of one of the most memorable games of the past few years. I'm actually preferring it to the 360 version just because I can drop into it on a whim with no setup.

I didn't realise how much I missed portable gaming, it's like my GBA golden years all over again.

For anyone that's never played it I'm hooked on Gladiator Begins at the minute. It's a PSP game but it's great. Basically it's levelling up your gladiator, getting extra moves etc and gradually paying off your 'debt' to become free. Really enjoying it so far.

I am really, really impressed with MGS2 on the Vita. I spent most of this evening doing the Tanker chapter and once you get used to the odd touch controls it's a near-immaculate version of one of the most memorable games of the past few years. I'm actually preferring it to the 360 version just because I can drop into it on a whim with no setup.

I didn't realise how much I missed portable gaming, it's like my GBA golden years all over again.

Glad to hear this, as a massive MGS fan, I can't wait to be able to pick up and play 1, 2 and 3, hopefully do them all again before March. I'm still worried about the touch controls though...

TERRARIA IS ON THE VITA!?!?

I mean, cool I'll check that out.

I bought PS3 Terraria only a week or so ago in the sale and was excited to see it out on the Vita using the cross-save and cross-play thing. The cross-save isn't implemented in a very intuitive way and other games do it better but being able to transfer your world between the PS3 and Vita is a lovely feature and means I will finally be able to put some decent time into this. :)

I did the same thing johnnyalpha, spent literally 3 times as much on the vita version, heh.

Definitely don't begrudge a £15 total for 2 versions of a game that has this much longevity.

My vita now has Spelunky (masterpiece), Hotline Miami (masterpiece), Stealth Bloke, Limbo, Guacamelee, Super Stardust Delta and Terarria.

That ain't not bad.

I'll redownload Killzone when I upgrade to a larger memory card. Golden Abyss can stay deleted though, worthless game.

I'd really like to try Dragon's Crown, but those prices... £30 for cross buy maybe, but for each version? Not a chance.

It has a pretty steep learning curve, I remember trialing it on 360 close to a year ago and hating it, bought it for £4ish last week on psn and am now addicted.

You really need to put in a lot of time with it. Make a broadsword as soon as you can, the thrusting short sword is crap.

Nobody has mentioned Doki Doki Universe yet?

Picked it up on vita and ps4 and the cross play works brilliantly. It auto saves your save to the cloud on both systems and loads the latest version.

It's a really nice sweet game. Kind of Toe Jam and Earl meets Scriblenauts.

Fact time (because I didn't know this myself until a few days ago): DDU was made by Greg Johnson, who was one of the creators of TJ+E and still owns the IP.

My vita now has Spelunky (masterpiece), Hotline Miami (masterpiece), Stealth Bloke, Limbo, Guacamelee, Super Stardust Delta and Terarria.

You seem to be missing Velocity Ultra, which I predict you'll want to add another masterpiece tag to. ;)

Fact time (because I didn't know this myself until a few days ago): DDU was made by Greg Johnson, who was one of the creators of TJ+E and still owns the IP.

That makes sense. It's mainly the music (slap base funk) and the quirkiness of it. The gameplay itself isn't really similar.

It's really flipping good though.

Also, there are people out there that want to buy the games, despite them being on PS+. Look at our own Stefcha getting annoyed as he couldn't buy Velocity Ultra as he had it on PS+. There are loads of those types on NeoGaf alone for example.

I've actually downloaded the demo (didn't realise there was one) to see if I like it enough to buy if before I can't buy it due to it being free when it turns up on PS+. I might have something wrong with me.

It boils down to the fact that we can't trust these companies to keep things available to us forever. Hopefully one thing that will come out of the increasingly download and services oriented software delivery platforms is that producers of games will keep their older games available for future play. Meaning that if, ib twenty years time a bunch of us want to play Doom again then the means will be available to us to do so.

It boils down to the fact that we can't trust these companies to keep things available to us forever. Hopefully one thing that will come out of the increasingly download and services oriented software delivery platforms is that producers of games will keep their older games available for future play. Meaning that if, ib twenty years time a bunch of us want to play Doom again then the means will be available to us to do so.

I'd really like to try Dragon's Crown, but those prices... £30 for cross buy maybe, but for each version? Not a chance.

Totally agree about Dragon's Crown. I debated which platform to buy it on and ended up getting it on Vita. I'm very glad I did because (obligatory DAT screen, and) it's very suited to portable gaming as well as touch screen controls for some functions. BUT, it would just have been the icing on the cake if it had been cross-buy. I admit to having been very confused about whether it was cross-buy or not when I was looking at it because there was a bit of hype around the developers implementing cross-SAVE a few months ago. Many people mistook this to mean that it was also becoming cross-BUY. Which it isn't.

If it was cross-BUY it would be the deal of the century. As it stands, it's just the game of the decade.

My brother is after a Vita for Christmas, so I was wondering if anyone here was aware of any decent deals on them at the moment? I've already got one, so I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to prices and so on.

http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/54911110/PlayStation-Vita-Console-Bundle-Mega-Pack-Voucher-16GB-Memory-Card-Wi-Fi-3G-10-Games/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212%7B657263%7D+&urlrefer=search

WiFi & 3G Vita with 10 game Mega Pack + 16GB Memory Card for £139.99 from Play.com

I'm getting a Vita from the wife for Christmas, PS+ looks brilliant and I've got my trial going with games ready to download once I get it next week :)

Yep, me too! I've already bought Spelunky, Hotline Miami and Everybody's Golf and have Guacamelee, Sonic Transformed, Uncharted:GA and Gravity Rush from PS+ with Killzone bundled in with the console.

I think I may be too busy to watch the Queens Speech (not that I ever do anyway) this year :D

A workmate had one in last week and I was sold immediately! I had a PSP back when it first came out but always got fed up with it only having one (pretty dodgy) analogue stick, the look and feel of the Vita is amazing.

This will help me with my wait to save up to get s PS4 in Q1 next year :)

Ah shite, I bought him one on Amazon at the weekend in the finish. The Tearaway + LBP + 16GB memory card pack for £149.99 - which is still not a bad deal really I guess. I'm actually pretty jealous, as I haven't got Tearaway yet.