Playstation Vita

Robo_1

It's pretty good. Suffers from some chronic slowdown, but it's charming. It's sort of a re-imagining rather than sequel to the Wii game (if you've played that).

There were rumours it was coming to Plus at some point, but it might not happen.

How is Assassins' Creed Liberation? I've searched and I can't find a single opinion on this message board. Even the official thread petered out before the game came out.

I really liked it, but it feels very much like a cut down version of the big console games. I didnt have a problem with that, but some might. Plays well and its nice to have a female black protagonist for a change.

I picked up the PS Mobile version of Rymdkapsel (£3.99) on a recommendation, and the next time I looked after downloading it I'd been playing for over an hour!

I can only describe it as an RTS combination of Tetris and Sim CIty with added resource management and combat thrown in for good measure.

AC Liberation is... interesting. It looks fantastic and it plays like Assassin's Creed, but it feels really unfinished. It's like they spent all their time making the graphics engine and ran out of time to put much of a game in. The story makes absolutely no sense, there's a million collectables (some of which serve literally no purpose, as in you can spend your gold getting a full set of them and there's no reason at all to do so) and it's quite buggy. It also has the worst multiplayer mode I've ever seen in anything, some sort of turn-based asynchronous thing which involves nothing more than pressing the same button repeatedly for hours.

That said, once I'd finished the story, I went back to collect some trophies and had a lot more fun with it - the free-roaming stuff is as fun as it ever has been and some of the trophies are quite clever. It's a real shame, because with another few months in development it could clearly have been something quite special. And it doesn't look like we're going to get a sequel, either.

I just did the 2.6 update to see what music streaming was like around the house and it works really well - there was a bit of a pause as it detected my music folders but once it was going it seemed fine. :)

the video streaming doesn't work well if you have a collection of videos with wildly differing codecs. I was hoping this feature was just a DLNA client a la PS3, but strangely - the old Sony lurking, I guess - it only plays my specifically for PS3/PSP encoded films. No MKV's...

Very tempted by disgaea 3 but never played one before so I'm a bit hesitant. On the whole I love turn based games like Valkryia Chronicles & Advance Wars, but for some reason could never get my head around Final Fantasy Tactics. Do the Disgaea games have good tutorials does anyone know?

Well the first chapter will be a tutorial framed as early story, all Disgaea games do this. Advanced stuff not so much, but you'll be told things as you play and early maps are designed for this. When you get to high level play you are left to your own devices but that's completely optional, the tutorials will give you everything needed to finish the game, but won't teach you everything, the game simply has too much you can do and ways you can do things.

If you ever have a question there are enough of us who have already played them to help you out. You only have to ask.

Nice piece. I started following him just before he hit the 'big time' and hit commitment is just amazing. He is completely open and doesn't hide anything. He sees an Indie game that will fit on the Vita and he does everything he can to make it happen.

If the perception of the Vita ever changes, he would have been a major part of that.

Well the first chapter will be a tutorial framed as early story, all Disgaea games do this. Advanced stuff not so much, but you'll be told things as you play and early maps are designed for this. When you get to high level play you are left to your own devices but that's completely optional, the tutorials will give you everything needed to finish the game, but won't teach you everything, the game simply has too much you can do and ways you can do things.

If you ever have a question there are enough of us who have already played them to help you out. You only have to ask.

Thanks for that. Think I'll give it a go as I'm really liking the look of this.

Very tempted by disgaea 3 but never played one before so I'm a bit hesitant. On the whole I love turn based games like Valkryia Chronicles & Advance Wars, but for some reason could never get my head around Final Fantasy Tactics. Do the Disgaea games have good tutorials does anyone know?

I love those two, never got on with FFT and I LOVE Disgaea :D

There's a nice slow, fairly well explained ramp up and to be honest you'll probably finish it and not fully understand everything. Then you play it all again...