Playstation Vita

Robo_1

It's different certainly but crap is not the right adjective. It's a bit weird you are complaining you want some japanese practice but then calling it a crap service when it offers exactly what you want. Sure it's a bit weak this month compared to previous months, but many of the games suitable for what you want are still available for another month or two. If you don't like those games, well thats your problem and not Sony's.

Well, I just bought a vita and a years subscription to the Japanese ps plus, so I hope you're right :)

Considering the price, i suppose that if even a few of the games are decent, I don't really have much right to complain.

The 100+ ps1 games is a nice touch. I suppose at least some of them must be worth playing.

Any recommendations?

Also, is there any easy way to ensure that I can still download/play the plus games after their availability period ends, other than downloading every game?

Well, I just bought a vita and a years subscription to the Japanese ps plus, so I hope you're right :)

Considering the price, i suppose that if even a few of the games are decent, I don't really have much right to complain.

The 100+ ps1 games is a nice touch. I suppose at least some of them must be worth playing.

Any recommendations?

Also, is there any easy way to ensure that I can still download/play the plus games after their availability period ends, other than downloading every game?

Checkout but dont download, they show up as being bought then after.

Hey guys, if any of you are on the Killzone Beta remember to check out the stats website and give some feedback (you'll need to log on using your Beta account once you've redeemed the voucher code).

https://mercenary.beta.killzone.com/

You can provide feedback through the online forms (where you get the download code).

Gutted i guess emails went out then, didnt get one booooooo.

As someone with large lumps of meat as hands i cant recommend the hori grip highly enough. It just makes the whole system comfy for extended use, i use it in the house so being bulky isnt an issue to me as it does add a fair bit to the size. It just melts into your hands like a controller would.

Okay, quick question. I've looked around for info, but they rarely address this particular case (PS3 related also):

If I made a US account to buy PS3 stuff off PSN/SEN using the NA account, I could play PS3 (Dragon's Crown) and PSOne games like Dino Crisis 2 and Grandia at full speed through my standard EU account on the PS3, right? If I bought it as 'Fake Account' I could still start the games up and play them through 'Real Account', is that correct?

But I couldn't transfer any of them to my Vita using that US account as I'd have to reformat the Vita for the new user?

Okay, quick question. I've looked around for info, but they rarely address this particular case (PS3 related also):

If I made a US account to buy PS3 stuff off PSN/SEN using the NA account, I could play PS3 (Dragon's Crown) and PSOne games like Dino Crisis 2 and Grandia at full speed through my standard EU account on the PS3, right? If I bought it as 'Fake Account' I could still start the games up and play them through 'Real Account', is that correct?

But I couldn't transfer any of them to my Vita using that US account as I'd have to reformat the Vita for the new user?

Any games on a PS3 from any region can be played on that PS3 as long as the original purchasing user is on the machine (up to two machines).

Vita must have a separate memory card for each region, with some degree of shenanigans when swapping cards. Unlike PS3 and its region-mixing, titles bought from a US account will not be playable on a UK account card, or Vita.

Ah, sweet. My PS3 YLOD'd a while back so I've got a console on loan from a pal who doesn't use it much until there's another good deal on one - the two user limit's pretty handy there so I can grab stuff now. Cheers!

Make sure you log in to your accounts via SEN so you can remove any licensed consoles that aren't in use anymore, do that and the next two consoles you log in with will take up the two (now spare) accounts

Am I missing something or is the Japanese ps store competely devoid of western indie games? Machinarium, Hotline Miami, Guacamelee etc. Can't see any of them. Also , stranger's wrath HD. Maybe I'll have to get a second memory card and EU account after all...

Same here. As a massive Killzone fan I was really hoping to get on this beta

The public phase — which the sign up was for — hasn't actually started yet. I'd guess those codes will go out in a week or so via e-mail.

Am I missing something or is the Japanese ps store competely devoid of western indie games? Machinarium, Hotline Miami, Guacamelee etc. Can't see any of them. Also , stranger's wrath HD. Maybe I'll have to get a second memory card and EU account after all...

Wouldn't it be easier to just have an EU account and buy physical copies of Japanese games? The only issue you should face then is not being able to redeem online passes and the like.

Any games on a PS3 from any region can be played on that PS3 as long as the original purchasing user is on the machine (up to two machines).

Vita must have a separate memory card for each region, with some degree of shenanigans when swapping cards. Unlike PS3 and its region-mixing, titles bought from a US account will not be playable on a UK account card, or Vita.

ANY games? So... I could go halfers on EDF4 with someone, technically, if the buying account is shared?

If they come out at all they tend to come out a few months after the Western release. There is a special section on the Japanese store for western games. The last one I played was When Vikings Attack!

ANY games? So... I could go halfers on EDF4 with someone, technically, if the buying account is shared?

Yeah, you can have two PS3 systems and two handhelds at any one time. If you use an account on only one PS3 you can play your games on a second as long as the original download account is on the machine. Once it's downloaded, any user of that machine can play the games.

I want to get one of these, mainly as a way of getting some pain-free Japanese practice.

The Japanese ps plus is crap compared to the European one. There are more games, but only a couple that you might actually want to play, with the majority being garbage. Almost every game on the european ps plus looks worthwhile.

Looking at the games on offer, I'm not sure if Sony Japan are just being stingy or perhaps the crap on offer is what the Japanese consumer wants.

Ok, based on "ダンボール戦機w" (apparently called "Little Battlers w" in English) alone, I take this comment back.

When I looked at the pictures on the ps store, I thought it was just some robot fighting simulation, but actually it's an extremely charming and fun rpg type game. It has a pokemon type vibe(it's clearly aimed at kids). I haven't played much of it yet, but it's really fun so far.

As if by magic, lots of cheaper PSP Persona games this week!

PSP/PS Vita games:

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Full Game [PSP] (not available in Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Ukraine, UAE)

Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.95, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Persona 2: Innocent Sin

Was €29.99/£23.99/AU$43.95, now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95

Persona 2/Persona 3 Portable bundle

Was €49.99/£39.99/AU$73.95, now €21.99/£17.99/AU$32.95

Persona 3 Portable

Was €29.99/£23.99/AU$43.95, now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95

Retro City Rampage (Cross-Buy)

Was €11.25/£8.99/AU$16.95, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Drawslasher

Was €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35, now €2.49/£1.99/AU$3.65

WRC 3 FIA World Rally Championship (not available in Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine)

Was €34.99/£29.99/AU$47.95, now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95

Urban Trial Freestyle

Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35

Star Wars Pinball

Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.45, now €4.99/£3.99/AU$7.35