Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Does anyone have any recommendations for a case? Something robust enough to protect the Vita when I've thrown it into a shoulder bag full of other gadgets.

(I've improvised today with an old hiking sock :))

Is it just a soft pouch? Thick enough to prevent scuffs? I scratched my PSP screen quite early on, and I'm still angry about it. So I'm leaning towards more protection this time.

I have that case too and can't recommend it enough, it is very tough material on the outside and very soft on the inside !

Is it just a soft pouch? Thick enough to prevent scuffs? I scratched my PSP screen quite early on, and I'm still angry about it. So I'm leaning towards more protection this time.

Yeah, I have this one (which I think is the same, just in all black? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officially-Licensed-4Gamers-Clean-Protect/dp/B00623EAQO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373274154&sr=8-4&keywords=vita+case) and it's great for bag storage amidst other solid items. It's pretty thick foam, with a very soft inside.

Yeah, I have this one (which I think is the same, just in all black? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officially-Licensed-4Gamers-Clean-Protect/dp/B00623EAQO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373274154&sr=8-4&keywords=vita+case) and it's great for bag storage amidst other solid items. It's pretty thick foam, with a very soft inside.

I have that one too.. v soft inside and outer materialis tough enough... have dropped etc with no harm done.

Obviously doesnt prevent crushing as a hardcase would but other than that perfect...

Oh only has room for two carts in the case, doesnt bother me as most of my stuff is download :)

I'd like to recommend Kung Fu Rabbit. It came out last week and is the closest thing we have to an N+ or Super Meat Boy on the Vita. It is a fun game in its own right too, so give it a go!

Thanks to my shiny new Vita, I was able to play Hotline Miami at lunchtime. Livin' the dream, motherfuckers.

I completed it at the weekend. I fucking love that game. It's totally messed with my moral compass in games though - I usually hate letting innocents die or using unnecessary violence and stuff, but I delighted in hacking absolutely everybody into grotesque bloody lumps all throughout this one. Fantastic stuff!

Three more Japanese games announced for Europe/US.

2 RPGs, Holy Sorcery Story and Demon Gaze. The other, Dangan Ronpa is for the VLR crowd (coincidentally it just had an anime announced). It was only announced for Japan a couple of weeks ago and that includes both the Psp games.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/08/three-quirky-japanese-imports-coming-to-ps-vita/

2 RPGs, Holy Sorcery Story and Demon Gaze. The other, Dangan Ronpa is for the VLR crowd (coincidentally it just had an anime announced). It was only announced for Japan a couple of weeks ago and that includes both the Psp games.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/08/three-quirky-japanese-imports-coming-to-ps-vita/

I thought it was only meant to be the first game for Dagan Ronpa? With the second one being teased with "Well, maybe if we get enough sales..."

Anybody used any of the Vita grips at all? I'm looking at getting one since after prolonged use on Hotline Miami, my hands tend to ache trying to use the sticks and not tap the screen accidentally.

I'd be interested in answers to this too. I don't find the naked Vita brilliantly comfortable, and I'd like a grip for use in the house (I'd likely take it off when travelling with it, and put up the the discomfort).

Also, my case just came, and it's great. Thank you for the recommendation, everyone.

I thought it was only meant to be the first game for Dagan Ronpa? With the second one being teased with "Well, maybe if we get enough sales..."

I donno, but I didn't say suggest it would come with both, just that the Japanese version is (as its basically a rerelease tarted up)

Mm, I'd heard about Demon Gaze a while back but still didn't know a whole lot about it. The trailer suggests knickers and boobs though, so I'm sold :unsure:

With regards to grips, I use the Hori one. It feels very similar to a Dual Shock, and it makes the Vita much more comfortable to play. It's too bulky to take out and about though, so it's only really good for the house.

I have the extendable Hori grips too, recommended by someone on here a while back, and I'm still not sure if I like them. Sometimes I think they make the Vita infinitely more comfortable, at other times I decide they're horrible, and don't use them for a few weeks.

Not the most helpful of impressions, I know, but though they're the best of the grips that I've tried, I certainly wouldn't urge people to rush out and buy them. If you do get some grips, steer clear of any that add triggers for the shoulder buttons (the Hori ones don't) - they seem like a great idea, but the reality is spongy and imprecise.