Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Because it released in the UK in 2013, it is the only thing that stops Last Of Us being the 100% runaway Game of the Year winner for me.

Whilst the story isn't quite as adult themed as TLOU, it still runs it close for the way it has been put together and told. Only other game in years that made me feel real emotion and even real empathy for the characters.

I love Persona 4 (and 3 and P3P) but calling the story "adult themed" is perhaps pushing it a bit. The story is tremendously (and amusingly) homophobic, sexist and pretty much any other -ist you care to think of, and is either an amazing self-aware deconstruction of Japanese culture or genuinely disturbing. It also takes about 12 hours to get going. I think blanket recommending it to any new Vita owner is a bit silly. Yes, it's great, but as a demonstration of the new hardware and something with a quick payback P4 isn't that. Let a person go to Persona, never force Persona on a person.

I love Persona 4 (and 3 and P3P) but calling the story "adult themed" is perhaps pushing it a bit. The story is tremendously (and amusingly) homophobic, sexist and pretty much any other -ist you care to think of, and is either an amazing self-aware deconstruction of Japanese culture or genuinely disturbing. It also takes about 12 hours to get going. I think blanket recommending it to any new Vita owner is a bit silly. Yes, it's great, but as a demonstration of the new hardware and something with a quick payback P4 isn't that. Let a person go to Persona, never force Persona on a person.

See I think it did deal with the themes in a rather clever way. You are playing as adolescents and the way they would handle things such as homosexuality I think was pretty bang on. Had it been a 20-30 something group, then I would have said it was poor writing that failed to handle the subject matter in a way befitting the characters.

Yet because of their age and social standings, it was dealt with as I would expect. The only real exception to the adolescent nature was the character you play and you had a choice of acting in the same manner, or not.

The way it handled a certain issue at the end, was really well done. The game pretty much asked you how you personally would react to such a thing.

I wish Crisis Core was available on the store.

FFX and 2 HD have cross save compatibility with the ps3 version but are being split into 2 releases on the Vita with no cross buy which is a pain in the arse.

Crisis Core is on none of the major regional PSN stores at all, it's the only major PSP Square Enix game that I can think of which isn't on PSN and I have no idea why.

Considering it's almost two years since FFX was announced I wish they would just release the damm thing and stop looking for new ways to drag out the release time. Ok, so the new HD character models is a good thing that maybe worth waiting for, but then deciding to do X-2 essentially doubled the dev time when they could have released X on Vita and then did the ps3 release later. Now they are talking about a extra ending, which means more time to wait. Plus we still don't have a answer over languages or if they will include the extra mission from FFX-2 International. Square's information control is appalling considering this is a port.

Crisis Core is on none of the major regional PSN stores at all, it's the only major PSP Square Enix game that I can think of which isn't on PSN and I have no idea why.

Birth By Sleep isn't there either is it?

When it comes to releases Squeenix are missing the point in a lot of cases.

Edit: Also, Vita out for delivery. Get hype v.2! If this one is preowned as well I'll just cry.

Vita arrived! I have a sneaking suspicion that it's still a preowned console but there's nothing immediately obvious to suggest it aside from some marking on the AR card pack.

Still, providing it works alright, it's finally Vita time! :omg:

Never buying from Game again though.

As far as I could tell, the clear tape strip looked new and didn't have any signs of being removed previously or there being any marks on the box on to say that there'd been another strip previously.

Still though...

Augh, I'll just give it up and accept it as new otherwise I'll get no peace. It took 3 weeks to replace it the first time, I can only imagine how long to do it again on the grounds of less obvious evidence.

Just ridiculous that I should be having to worry about such things in the first place.

That sounds pretty gash service. I guess I know not to preorder my ps4 from them, online at least.

It's not like you'll get a pre owned PS4 on release day though is it? :)

You'd think a company like Game would have abetter customer service and returns policy than that though

I really need a Vita now especially with all the freebies I have through PS+.

I have an old fat PS3 that gets little to no use but has a 500 gig hard drive in it - reckon Game would take it for exchange or its worth selling to fund a Vita?

I brought a second hand vita last week, finally arrived the other day and played nothing but hotline miami :) which is fantastic.

Got PS+ a few months ago and queued all the games I could so now have quite a backlog to get through, im liking the look of

gravity rush

Vita arrived today and I've loaded up the 32Gb card with all the PS+ stuff from the last couple of months. Had a little play of Rayman Origins and Sine Mora, and can't wait til this evening so I can get stuck into something properly.

It's so lovely. It's funny how it remind me immediately of how much I used to enjoy using my PSP back in the day.

This will be better.

Considering it's almost two years since FFX was announced I wish they would just release the damm thing and stop looking for new ways to drag out the release time.

I'd been considering getting a cheap psp just for Crisis Core since I sold mine years ago, don't really want to play through the whole thing on an emulator and the Vita would be perfect. There's got to be some sort of licensing issues with it, god knows they've got everything else on the store.

I'm just gonna go with FFX-2 on the Vita, X was good but I can't see myself sitting through it again on the ps3 and I never played more than a few hours of the sequel.

One stupid thing I've done is buy games off the EU psn store, never even occurred to me that they'd still be messing about with PAL/NTSC. Only got FF8 so far and I originally played it on import on a Sony Trinitron that played NTSC with the screen cut off to the left so at least now I can see everything I suppose.

Just so I don't try to turn this into a FF topic Wipeout multiplayer with one player on the ps3 and the other on the Vita is great. Bit of a faff to get a game going but well worth it.

My code was fine, aye.

Yay! (Drat. :P)

My code redeemed fine yesterday. Has there been problems then?

Unfortunately yes: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita-Technical-Help/Error-code-NP-2244-2-while-trying-to-redeem-10-games-from-8gb/td-p/19177110

Although it's becoming more apparent that the problem is probably down to games already being on the account. The code seemed to work for me through the browser store but said it wasn't valid or had already been redeemed when I confirmed it. Through the Vita store I get the error mentioned in that thread.

Despite all the wait and stress and wankery of trying to purchase a Vita, I can safely say I am in love with it. That screen, that everything.

Playing some Hotline Miami earlier and it's just so much fun. :wub:

If anyone wants to add me, my PSN name is in the sig.

I am wondering if I should set up the 2 vitas that are for Xmas and redeem the codes now from the mega pack

Oh and feel free to add me - Mik3F especially if you want some Turn based Golf games

I am wondering if I should set up the 2 vitas that are for Xmas and redeem the codes now from the mega pack

Oh and feel free to add me - Mik3F especially if you want some Turn based Golf games

Might as well, it's better than having to wait for everything to download on Christmas day.

You can also test all the games to make sure they work.

They could have some game breaking bugs, so it's probably worth testing them all the way through.

That thing that shows you users nearby is cool but a bit creepy, I wonder if most people even know it's switched on.

I could go and knock on people's doors to ask if I can borrow the games I don't have (I'm not going to actually do this).