Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Wow Hotline is just :wub: in the Vita. Never played it on PC so can't compare but shove some headphones on and you and your Vita are in shooting / grooving heaven. Finally feeling the love again for my tiny Sony toy, it's been a while... but glad to be back to playing again. Feeling cautiously optimistic about my ownership of it for a the first time since launch more or less.

I had my copy of Muramasa Rebirth special edition shipped from VGP yesterday as well. Looks very slick on the Vita-screen, can't wait :)

Hmmm do VGP parcels get stung with custom charges? It's been such a long long time since I ordered a import game, but with no EU date and the possibility of going SE I'm very tempted.

Hmmm do VGP parcels get stung with custom charges? It's been such a long long time since I ordered a import game, but with no EU date and the possibility of going SE I'm very tempted.

Never been hit by any charges with dozens of orders

Yes, the store update has been a big clusterfuck of not actually doing anything. On the ps3 the price is wrong and it doesn't go to the product page and none of the PSone discounts have been applied. All seems to work on Vita fine though.

Interview with Shahid Ahmad:

http://maturegamerpodcast.com/an-interview-with-mr-vita-shahid-ahmad/

RR – After the top of a bus, what is next most random place you have made a deal?

SA – I’ve done three deals on the bus. I did another on a street corner outside a hairdressers smoking a cigarette trying to unfurl an umbrella. I failed. At unfurling that is. The deal happened.

:hat:

I started Rayman Origins today - God it's lovely looking. However, I'm not too sure how much I actually like the game itself. The pacing seems a little off, and there isn't a great deal of difficulty there. I have been playing a lot of Mario 3D and Donkey Kong on my 3DS though, as well as revisiting Mario Galaxy, so maybe I've just been spoilt for quality platformers recently.

I'm really looking forward to Ninja Gaiden though. I've never played more than about 30 minutes of it so it'll be mostly fresh as well.

I felt the same way about Rayman as well. My main gripe was that some of the challenge offered in some of the levels was less about getting through them but rather the challenge of getting all the collectables. That might have appealed to me when I was younger and only had one game at any one time to play but now, was of much less importance.

That said, some of the later levels are pretty great, with the final level you unlock after completely the main game being of particular note. The chest levels are always fun.

Edit: Since someone posted that Game deal again, it probably worth pointing out that you take the risk of getting preowned stuff as new with them.

Edited by Mr.Jeff

Anyone tried out Cytus Lambda on PSM yet?

It's a free to play (pay extra for new levels) rhythm music game that plays a bit like Elite Beat Agents but without the popular music of zany stylings.

Anyway here is a trailer:

It's pretty good for a freebie.

I have never had anything from VGP getting stung with custom charges in the 10 years I've been using them :)

Hmm. Tempted by Muramasa, but after reading a few (old) reviews, it seems it's not put right some issues with the combat not being accurate (predictive text wanted to put 'a cunt' then!). Also, dare I say a few reviews call it a bit shallow.

Hmm. Again.

Those reviewers are idiots.

It's not absolutely dripping with depth, but then it doesn't need to be, and making it to complicated would be detrimental. There is enough complexity that you can't simply button mash (perhaps to start but not as you progress), two difficulty modes, multiple endings plus optional dungeons. You could do a playthrough with one character in under 10 hours but to stop there means ignoring the other 40+ available if you want them.

Anyway, I'm done with Hotline Miami for the moment, so I've finally taken the time to check out Sine Mora and Velocity Ultra. SHIT'S SO GOOOOOOD

Did exactly the same Velocity Ultra is life stoppingly excellent isnt't it?. And acts musicals as a nice companion to 80's Miami electro soundtrack with the retro 90's videogame soundtrack.