Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Just ordered a 32 gig card. So just to get this straight - I backup my 16 gig to the PS3/PC, put in the new card and then restore from PS3/PC?

Yes

Edit: make sure your Vita is fully charged beforehand. And be prepared to wait a while :)

Edit2: if you have PS+, it might be worthwhile backing up your saves to cloud before as well. Just in case

Yes

Edit: make sure your Vita is fully charged beforehand. And be prepared to wait a while :)

Edit2: if you have PS+, it might be worthwhile backing up your saves to cloud before as well. Just in case

I haven't got plus and I'll plug the Vita in. Do I have to back up PS1/PSP saves separately or will it do it as part of the backup?

Well you don't have to, but I have a "Bubble" (folder) for all my download stuff on one card (I call it PSN1) and another for my second card (PSN2). Depending on the card I have in, one or other of the bubbles appears with the content sitting nicely in it, how I left it. Prior to one of the recent firmware updates the icons would scatter around the screen, living room, local area when you switched and fail to go back to how you set them up when you switched back. It's also good to have a bubble or even a dedicated card for your Vita physical card games, as if you forget which one you're using and it's saving to the card (or has DLC attached to it) you can boot it up and find yourself sans save/DLC. I normally just stick all my card games on my larger card, but if you had two cards the same size you could split it and again have a CardGame1, Cardgame2 bubble system for it.