Playstation Vita

Robo_1

If that's the way the Vita goes I'll be selling mine soon. I don't want to play lots of £1 indie games, it doesn't appeal to me on a smartphone and it doesn't appeal to me on a powerful handheld either. Give me more Persona 4s.

If that's the way the Vita goes I'll be selling mine soon. I don't want to play lots of £1 indie games, it doesn't appeal to me on a smartphone and it doesn't appeal to me on a powerful handheld either. Give me more Persona 4s.

You'll sell it and then in a few months you'll buy another one when something whets your appetite.

I'm not so sure. If I do end up selling it (and I probably will do to help pay for a PS4) then at the moment there isn't anything announced that I see as a must have game. There are good games on the horizon but most are multiplatform and therefore playable in some form, even if it's not on a portable. Those that aren't (Killzone) will have other versions released later this year anyway. I enjoy it and do get use out of it, but I personally don't see too many compelling reasons to own one now I've played most of the good games. Certainly not going into 2014 (is there even a single Vita game announced for next year?)

Whilst I don't agree completely with what Radish is saying, I think it will be sooner rather than later that the good retail games that haven't hit Plus will run dry, and whilst it's nice to have the smaller indie games on the system, they largely only work as filler between the big hitters. If they do completely switch focus to the lower budget stuff, I can see myself losing interest before long as well.

Epic Mickey 2 has appeared on the store. Just £12.

Yeah, I'm mostly just saying because I worked on the port. But that's a pretty good price for the game considering there is nothing taken out and a bunch of improvements.

I've just preordered the PS Vita Mega Pack from Zavvi for £25.99 but already have a few of the games (Wipeout 2048, Motorstorm RC, etc). So what i'll be doing is putting the codes i already have up here for anyone who wants them. Please don't PM yet though, I'll post up when the codes are available, and for which games. Also, is anybody interested in the 8GB card that comes with it? (as i already have a 32GB card) If not, i'll either trade it in at Game for credit, or put it up in the Trading folder.

Quick question folks. Due to the Vita using only one region at a time and not letting you have multiple accounts at once, I can't download a US Vita game off a US PSN account on my PS3 and then transfer it over to my UK Vita account under my UK PS3 PSN account can I ?

I seen someone on GAF mention being able to do this but I thought you couldn't do it ?

The indie games you play on the Vita (think Hotline Miami, Spelunky, Guacamelee, Velocity and others ) are not the cheap-ass ones you play on your phone or tablet though.

The indie games you play on the Vita (think Hotline Miami, Spelunky, Guacamelee, Velocity and others ) are not the cheap-ass ones you play on your phone or tablet though.

Agree. They are far from it. Guacamelee is a beauty of a game. As is Velocity Ultra. Haven't played Hotline Miami or Spelunky yet, but looking forward to them. Hotline Miami rumoured for release next week. :)

It's a beaut, but I can't help but feel your fragile, expensive piece of high end kit is the wrong home for what can be the most frustrating of games.

I intend to duct tape my hands to the Vita whilst playing, lest I get the urge to launch it across the room.

That said, the game has never made me feel that frustrated. It's like I've mentally prepared myself for the fact it's a right cunt at times and I just roll with the constant death after death after death.

Has anyone actually thrown their Vita (or other handheld/phone/etc) in annoyance? Surely you only do that with a joypad because you know there's a fair chance you'll get away with it?

That said, I did once punch a hole in a wall after a particularly bad bout on Tekken 2, so maybe anything is game...

I accidentally threw it full-force into my bedroom wall. I'd been playing it in bed and put it on the duvet, forgot about it, then whipped the duvet open to get up and it flew across the room, into the wall, then fell and hit the floor. Not even a scratch on it!

It's pretty ace that I bought the Jak and Daxter games on my PS3 when they were on sale (I paid a tenner for all 3 I think?), so it's letting me download them on the Vita for no cost.

Just a note that this works the other way around too, bought Jak & Daxter on Vita this morning and I can download the PS3 version for free too. Picked up Epic Mickey too, I've been thinking about buying it on console and the price made it a no brainer really.

I've just preordered the PS Vita Mega Pack from Zavvi for £25.99 but already have a few of the games (Wipeout 2048, Motorstorm RC, etc). So what i'll be doing is putting the codes i already have up here for anyone who wants them. Please don't PM yet though, I'll post up when the codes are available, and for which games. Also, is anybody interested in the 8GB card that comes with it? (as i already have a 32GB card) If not, i'll either trade it in at Game for credit, or put it up in the Trading folder.

I hope you'll be able to do this as I was debating doing the same thing only to be put off by the way shops were wording it, they said it comes with 'a code' to download the games rather than 'codes'. I can't remember hearing of any multi-game codes in the past though so hopefully they'll all be separate.

Right so Game does a £139.99 pre-owned wi-fi with free Virtua Tennis, or £149.99 new with Soul Sacrifice, Little Big Planet or Uncharted. Since I have Uncharted thanks to PS+, would the best option to be get soul sacrifice, then trade it in against something else straight away?