Playstation Vita

I've started playing Assassin's Creed Vita - and it is lovely. A little slow to start with, but that's fine. Probably the most impressive handheld game yet - though I've not played NFS yet.

I've started playing Assassin's Creed Vita - and it is lovely. A little slow to start with, but that's fine. Probably the most impressive handheld game yet - though I've not played NFS yet.

Liberation is really good. Having played the PS3 AC3 and the Vita game, I feel Aveline feels more of an assassin than Connor.

Liberation is really good. Having played the PS3 AC3 and the Vita game, I feel Aveline feels more of an assassin than Connor.

I am looking forward to getting to use the assassin outfit more. Have been a bit surprised by the Slave/Lady outfits being required so early on. But just about to break into the governor's office, so hopefully things will pick up. Finding it a tiny bit overwhelming, but know I'll get there once I've played more than a couple of hours.

Anyone importing Ragnarok Odyssey? Quite like the look of it, but the few reviews I've read online seem to totally disagree- Destructoid give it 90%, IGN give it 50% :huh:

I keep swaying on whether to import or not. Part of me wants a proper Monster Hunter-esque action RPG for Vita and the Destructiod review gushes about how this is designed perfectly for short snappy play periods with zero load time and sharp controls that for once don't use touch in a gimmicky way.

But then the IGN review reads that its hugely repetitive with a quirky levelling system (you don't gain xp for killing enemies, only for completing chapters), difficult menus and poor tutorials.

I read over at GAF that this won't be a physical release if/when it comes over to EU, which is no good to me as memory card space is at a premium, but can't find any solid evidence online about the release.

Btw, if things such as dlc extras bother people, I think the version to go for if you are gonna import, assuming you have a uk vita/psn, is the Chinese/hong kong version as this contains dlc already on the card and is full english text, whereas US copies require a download from PSN. <--- don't quote me on this bit as again info is scarce online.

I just got AC3 for my PS3 and I was leaning towards PS3 for NFS as well but I've been severely tempted to get one or the other for my Vita too. To be honest Suzzopher's lack of self-control isn't helping matters, now I want all four... :(

Btw, if things such as dlc extras bother people, I think the version to go for if you are gonna import, assuming you have a uk vita/psn, is the Chinese/hong kong version as this contains dlc already on the card and is full english text, whereas US copies require a download from PSN. <--- don't quote me on this bit as again info is scarce online.

i have the asian/english language version, the online component that was added to the japanese version is already there, but it has the extra dlc as a code in the box, its not already on the cart.

i havent played it as much as i should, but its pretty good. very much in the same vein as monster hunter. but seems to have a quicker more arcadey style with plenty of dashing about and juggles. and while its not quite dragon quest style cartoonish its a lot more bright and colourful than monster hunter too, which i like.

i should probably try it again now and see if there are more people online now that the american version is out too.

I'm also waiting for Retro City Rampage. In fact, I've been waiting so long that I don't think I can be bothered now. It would have been a fun, spur of the moment purchase but it's chance has been and gone and now there are far too many games about. I might pick it up in a few months if it's on sale but otherwise I'm not really bothered any more.

i have the asian/english language version, the online component that was added to the japanese version is already there, but it has the extra dlc as a code in the box, its not already on the cart.

i havent played it as much as i should, but its pretty good. very much in the same vein as monster hunter. but seems to have a quicker more arcadey style with plenty of dashing about and juggles. and while its not quite dragon quest style cartoonish its a lot more bright and colourful than monster hunter too, which i like.

i should probably try it again now and see if there are more people online now that the american version is out too.

Ah cheers. Where'd you get your copy? eBay?

So no white Vita announced for Europe yet? :(

Apparently not. I just know they'll announce it for sale the minute I purchase the EU Assassin's Creed bundle. :lol:

Gonna hold off for the time being. See if anything is announced for Christmas.

Sunk about four hours into the Vita version of Need for Speed now :wub: It doesn't look amazing, but it runs well enough and has tonnes of stuff to do. The streets are a bit empty, but smashing the billboards, gates and collecting cars on top of all the events make it a perfect game for portable play.....not bothered about starting it on PS3 yet.

Damnit, I really want to get NFS and AC3, but I've not finished the story mode of LBP yet, and barely scratched the surface of the level editor.

The Vita has too many games. :)

Tell me about it I have MUD to finish which I kind of like despite it not being amazing. Then there's Monkey ball which is the first monkey ball I've enjoyed since the original GC version. I've not even bought LBP yet, I'll probably get NFS this tomorrow. I'll bank AC3 until I've got some time to play it if I get it now it will be basically dead money! I'm kin of pleased Pesona is delayed until next year in the UK because I've got enough to keep me busy till then ...

It appears my Vita has started pausing downloads when it enters sleep.

Last night I bought NFS and AC:L and left them to download, letting the Vita go into sleep mode automatically i.e. not pressing the power/sleep button myself. Opened it up this morning and both downloads have been paused.

Its continued to act like this all morning, is there a setting somewhere that ensures it continues downloading?

For those who are playing Assassins Creed, have you come up against the loading/animus bug as detailed here:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57988/t1785201-loading-animus-problem/

I'm worried that I'm going to have to junk over two hours of play, which is a shame as I was really getting into it. I've not played any AC since a little bit of the second game, (which I found overwhelming) but this seems like a nice focussed adventure.

I've also been enjoying Need For Speed, which I downloaded. Sadly I won't be making a habit of this, given the disgusting 40 pounds charged, which is not only a straight dollars to pounds conversion, but is missing any sort of discount which was originally promised on downloadable games.

That said, great game. I had become quite comfortable with the in-game GPS prompts of Sleeping Dogs, and having to pay more attention to the mini-map was a little jarring at first. I do like the way you can just swap between the cars you find, and there looks to be a heap of content packed into the game. It looks great, not as eye popping as something like Wipeout, but then given the size of the world, it's a fair trade off.

Good times for Vita owners anyway, I hope the bundles and new software give the system a decent bump this Christmas.

It appears my Vita has started pausing downloads when it enters sleep.

Last night I bought NFS and AC:L and left them to download, letting the Vita go into sleep mode automatically i.e. not pressing the power/sleep button myself. Opened it up this morning and both downloads have been paused.

Its continued to act like this all morning, is there a setting somewhere that ensures it continues downloading?

That could just be PSN, I've had the same thing happen on my PS3 where I've left it downloading and games have been paused overnight.