Playstation Vita

We can't get killzone liberation on EU Vita's though.... :(

What's this? I've got it sitting on my XMB from the hacking giveaway. Was going to transfer it, LBP and Half Minute Hero over when I get a Vita. Does this mean it won't run on a EU Vita?

What's this? I've got it sitting on my XMB from the hacking giveaway. Was going to transfer it, LBP and Half Minute Hero over when I get a Vita. Does this mean it won't run on a EU Vita?

I have an EU vita with a US account and it runs. I got my copy from the hacking giveaway. Maybe you got yours using a US account same as me?

I hate having to make choices about how a game looks, so can someone tell me the best filtering/colour settings for PSP games on Vita, please?

Different for each game mate, hence the choice. Usually I leave the filtering on but games that have really good resolution / textures e.g. killzone seem to benefit from having filtering off. Colour space is the same, sometimes looks better one way, sometimes the other.

Bought the PSP version of Tomb Raider Anniversary and it's pretty amazing! It plays smooth enough and looks great, will be good to play through it again. I had a go of Tomb Raider Legend on PSP back in the day and found it pretty ropey, so this is a nice surprise.

I have an EU vita with a US account and it runs. I got my copy from the hacking giveaway. Maybe you got yours using a US account same as me?

Yeah, i've got three different accounts on my PS3. Can't remember which ones I got from each region, though. :doh: Think i made sure to get the free games for my UK, US and JAP accounts!

What about an EU Vita with an EU account? Can you transfer PSP games from any region onto a machine with a EU account? I'd rather just stick with my main PS3 account when I purchase one.

I may be late to the party with this one, but The Verge have run an interesting article on Playstation Mobile:

http://www.theverge....a-very-big-deal

There's a few quick quotes from the developers behind Super Crate Box, and an enthusiastic commentary, which seems to suggest that Playstation Mobile could help to solve the fragmentation and maintenance issues which beset many Android game developers.

As many have said, I think it's one of the smartest and boldest moves Sony have made in a long time. They get to put a Playstation App Store on a wide range of devices, which not only helps to expose people to the Playstation brand and allows Sony to cross promote their gaming hardware, but it also gives Vita a steady stream of cheap, quality software.

It could have done with being ready for Vita's launch, but it's only going to help its profile when it arrives.

Staying with Playstation certified devices, their new tablet is looking great:

new-sony-xperia-tablet.jpg

xperia-tablet-2.jpg

Sony-Xperia-Tablet-Keyboard.jpg

Info taken from: http://www.sony-tablets.com

I can't help but feel those flat keyboards are totally missing the point.

http://www.gadgec.co...ft-Surface1.jpg

:lol:

Great pic, and yeah, I do agree. I'm kind of lured by the idea of it, but I'm apprehensive as to how it will actually feel. I'm in the market for a tablet as a means of being able to write a bit away from my mac, so I'll be awaiting the reviews with interest.

For writing, I see no reason why you would even contemplate using a touch keyboard and not a physical one.

It might make more sense picking up an either an iPad and a proper keyboard or an older Air (like a rev2) and using iCloud to sync to your iMac. Although I guess the latter depends on price comparison with a Tablet.

Selling my vita today as its just sitting there at the moment. Haven't played it in a month or two and I'll re-buy in the new year when there is a stack of games that I want to play on it.

It's a fantastic console that simply doesn't have a load of games on it that I want to play at the moment.

Picked up TR Anniversary also. Please tell me you can map the camera to the 2nd stick?!

When you boot up a PSP game, do a long press on the Vita screen. A menu pops up with an option specifically asking what you want to map to the right stick. Works for all PSP games!

Am I the only person who has never enjoyed an MGS game? I'm struggling through Snake Eater and my god is it boring. No only that but it just feels so clunky. Sneaking up on baddies is cumbersome, getting stuck behind trees is painful and switching between crouch, crawl and stand never comes naturally. And those conversations with HQ - my god, just shut up and let me play you inane bastards. To me it feels like some cheap-ass third-person game from the PS1. If it was a book I would have binned it already.

Am I the only person who has never enjoyed an MGS game? I'm struggling through Snake Eater and my god is it boring. No only that but it just feels so clunky. Sneaking up on baddies is cumbersome, getting stuck behind trees is painful and switching between crouch, crawl and stand never comes naturally. And those conversations with HQ - my god, just shut up and let me play you inane bastards. To me it feels like some cheap-ass third-person game from the PS1. If it was a book I would have binned it already.

I am really struggling to get into MGS3 too. Have you tried Peace Walker? it's still a bit cumbersome because the look isn't analogue, but it's my favourite of the series.