Playstation Vita

A subscription model would price to many people out of the market, lets say Joe Bloggs (15 years old) wants one for Christmas, his folks might be happy shelling out £200 as a one off for console and a game, there's no way they'd want to keep paying for said console month after month. I get what your saying but I don't even have a phone contract of £40

My dear old Pa is off on his travels in the USA, coming back soon, and he asked me if there was anything I'd like him to bring back from Duty Free.

So I was wondering if there was any difference between US and EU Vitas? I don't want a 3G model, and they're region unlocked, right? I was thinking I'd just use my EU PSN account on it, and everything would be fine and dandy, yes?

My dear old Pa is off on his travels in the USA, coming back soon, and he asked me if there was anything I'd like him to bring back from Duty Free.

So I was wondering if there was any difference between US and EU Vitas? I don't want a 3G model, and they're region unlocked, right? I was thinking I'd just use my EU PSN account on it, and everything would be fine and dandy, yes?

Yup should all be fine.

Very uncommon, it would seem. I don't think there's been many reports of them, if any.

I had a stuck pixel on my launch week wifi vita. Had to wait a couple of days for HMV to get more stock in before I could get it swapped. Stuck and dead pixels do seem pretty much a rarity on the vita and screens in general now though.

Yay, maybe you could show me how to play Marvel 3 :(

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Sound Shapes this week; haven't bought any other new stuff since Gravity Rush but I could do with another fun downloadable title to pass the time. :D

The 4GB card is basically worthless. I wonder if they would be better off selling the machines as 8, 16 and 32GB models and stick the card in the box at checkout. At least people will know what they are getting and not get stung when they get to the till!

Which makes it all the more strange that Sony has removed the 4GB card from the Assassins Creed and Madden bundles. :facepalm:

I reckon I could come up with a better marketing plan for the Vita. Sony seem like they couldn't care less if it crashes and burns.

John Cleese is the Voice of PS Vita’s Smart As

+ Posted by Ian Pickles // Producer, EX-Dev

My name is Ian Pickles and I am the Producer from XDev Studio Europe working on PlayStation Vita’s all-new social brain training experience, Smart As. I’m here with some exciting news to share. I am delighted to confirm that John Cleese, the English actor, comedian, writer and film producer is injecting his unique personality and sophisticated sense of humor into the game as the voice of Smart As.

7775040064_b6bdbc19a6_z.jpg

Best known for his hilarious antics as a member of the Monty Python comedy troupe, it’s great to be able to confirm the comedy legend’s participation in the game. His instantly recognizable voice and distinctive style deliver intelligent and witty narration during the game, always encouraging and sometimes teasing you to improve every time you play. Regardless of how smart you are, John’s creative and comedic dialogue will keep you hooked as you play to improve your Brain Power score and pursue your goal to outsmart the world.

The decision to approach John to work on the game came about a couple of months ago. We were incredibly happy with the game – the looks, presentation and gameplay are second to none, but we felt we needed to bring in someone as the voice whose personality would instantly bring the competitive and fun nature of the game to the forefront. John was immediately a popular choice with all of us on the team and we were over the moon when he agreed to join us working on the game.

It was an absolute pleasure working with John who brings a level of humor and encouragement to the game as he becomes your guide, showing you around, prompting you to do your best and share your score to outsmart players around world. It’s been fantastic seeing people playing the game and laughing along to John’s lines and John himself is no under achiever when it comes to playing the game too. Lost Letter proved no match for John’s puzzle solving prowess and we were surprised to see a naturally strong logic game ability on display as John obtained a perfect 3 star rating while playing Chain Reaction for the first time.

Coming this fall for PS Vita, Smart As will put your brain to the test in 20 unique, engaging, tactile puzzle games and location-based challenges. Stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog for the latest Smart As news!

If we're doing Vita wishlists, there's loads of XBLA and PSN stuff I want.

Super Meat Boy, Geometry Wars 2, PixelJunk Racers, PixelJunk Eden, Blast Factor, Daytona USA, Chime, Pac-Man Championship Edition, E4, Rez HD and Space Invaders Extreme would be a start.

Oh, and Bit Trip Runner please ^_^

If we're doing Vita wishlists, there's loads of XBLA and PSN stuff I want.

Super Meat Boy, Geometry Wars 2, PixelJunk Racers, PixelJunk Eden, Blast Factor, Daytona USA, Chime, Pac-Man Championship Edition, E4, Rez HD and Space Invaders Extreme would be a start.

Oh, and Bit Trip Runner please ^_^

+100000000000000000

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

The Vita will be getting Urban Trials (the blatant Trials ripoff - which apparently is quite good). If the physics are good and level editor half as comprehensive as Trials Evo, then we'll be getting all the Trials tracks soon enough. Can't wait.

Trying to recall launch window and following months situation with PS3... They priced that stupidly high and the PS3 haz no gamezzzz" meme lasted quite a while.

Sony seemed to take a relaxed attitude of seemingly letting PS3 bump along the bottom until they were ready to push it hard with price drop etc... It had a negative effect because it basically meant that MS caught Sony up in terms of market share so Sony lost dominance from PS2 era but then Wii had done that anyway...

in this case it could be worse,... PS3 sales were ok to start as they were following PS2 etc and economically country was fine.. This time they seem to be using same tactic as PS3 and yet sales are very poor as economy is totally boned.

And the above is ignoring/discounting any loss of handheld gaming market to iOS and Android etc

You kinda need analogue triggers for Trials though - how are they getting round that?

The right stick should suffice.

Conceivably there could be a proper Trails on Vita: RedLynx are owned by Ubisoft now and they aren't a publisher known for sticking to a single platform. Personally I think something like Joe Danger would be a better fit, though; whilst my own Vita use is pretty sedentary, playing Trials on public transport would probably be a nightmare.