Playstation Vita

Yomiuri reports today that a Japanese government agency is investigating cases of PlayStation Vita systems burning up during recharging.

According to Sony, there have been a total of 31 examples of such incidents since the system's launch last December through early June. Of these, 23 were in Japan and eight were in North America, the United Kingdom and Australia.

Sony sent a detailed listing of the various incidents to the National Institute of Technology and Evaluation on July 12. In all cases, the problem involved the connection slot between the charging unit and the Vita burning during charging. There have been no reports of injuries.

Sony's PR department told Yomiuri that the problem is not related to a product malfunction and will thus not result in a recall. The company believes that the problem is with people having liquids or other objects inserted in the connection. Those who ended up with a burnt out connector will have to pay to get it fixed.

"Burning up" makes it sound like they're spontaneously combusting or something. I have a feeling these cases are all from people who aren't connecting the cable properly...or, well, inserting "other objects" in there. :unsure: The best bit comes from the images in the article that show the right and wrong way to connect your cable - I didn't know it was even possible to plug it in upside-down...

T9uK3.jpg

http://andriasang.com/con212/vita_frying/

Just realised my Everybody's Golf save is gone - my mate played it on the plane when we were going on holiday and started 'new game' rather than using my save. Had everyone unlocked and most of the costumes. Arses.

definitely worth 8 quid, especially if you are a fan of the first two games.

no idea how it plays on the vita, but you should be able to play twin sticks by mapping face buttons to second stick.

Let us know how you get on I might re buy it to play again on my vita if it plays well control wise

Anyone know if Sony are planning on selling the white Vita on it's own in the UK? Someone on GAF posted a picture of the Madden bundle and it looks like it no longer includes a memory card. No doubt the Assassins Creed one will be the same. Was going to buy it for Christmas, but reckon I could probably source the console and game for cheaper than the price of the bundle.

Really want a white one, but don't want to get shafted on the price either! :lol:

Finally got my Vita on Friday. Loving it so far, although I've only really played Gravity Rush. I played it for three hours straight yesterday, and the time just flew by. I'm definitely going to miss my stop when I start playing it on the train to work.

Is there a demo of Ridge Racer about? There was *something* on the PS Store, but it didn't seem to be a proper demo. I've heard such mixed reviews, I'd really like to give it a try before buying. And is the Asphalt game any good?

Also, I coped an MP4 video from my PC to the Vita, and when playing back it has a single pixel green line down the right hand side. Quite annoying. Anybody seen that before?

Not had any video issues. Converted 4 MKVs to MP4 using Handbrake, all looked awesome on the Vita screen.

Ridge and Asphalt both look crap in videos so I have no reason to think they'll be any good!

After playing my vita solidly for 2 months, I haven't picked it up for ages.

When are the next wave of games out ? LBP doesn't count I cant stand it.

I think I want FF12 or monster hunter. Anything to sink my teeth into !

After playing my vita solidly for 2 months, I haven't picked it up for ages.

When are the next wave of games out ? LBP doesn't count I cant stand it.

I think I want FF12 or monster hunter. Anything to sink my teeth into !

Same, I keep on looking at the App store in the hope that something new and appealing is on there but there never is.

Same, I keep on looking at the App store in the hope that something new and appealing is on there but there never is.

Seriously, I wish people would complain less about the Vita's lack of games. On my Vita I've got the following:

Vita games: Rayman, Stardust, Mutant Blobs, Unit 13, Hustle Kings, Ridge Racer, Pinball Arcade, Motorstorm RC, Metal Gear HD, Escape Plan, Virtua Tennis, Gravity Rush, Hot Shots, Montezuma

PSP games: God of War, Metal Gear Peace Walker, Hot Shots Tennis, Motorstorm Arctic Edge, Locoroco2, Pixeljunk Monsters

Minis: Velocity, Floating Cloud God, Space Shooter for $2, OMG-Z, Idiot Squad, Knight Fortix 2

And I still wanna buy: MLB The Game, Unchartered, Disgaea 3, Mortal Kombat and Katamari

I don't think anyone can argue that that's a FUCKTON of gaming hours right there. The Vita is my favourite console by far at the moment.

Seriously, I wish people would complain less about the Vita's lack of games. On my Vita I've got the following:

Vita games: Rayman, Stardust, Mutant Blobs, Unit 13, Hustle Kings, Ridge Racer, Pinball Arcade, Motorstorm RC, Metal Gear HD, Escape Plan, Virtua Tennis, Gravity Rush, Hot Shots, Montezuma

PSP games: God of War, Metal Gear Peace Walker, Hot Shots Tennis, Motorstorm Arctic Edge, Locoroco2, Pixeljunk Monsters

Minis: Velocity, Floating Cloud God, Space Shooter for $2, OMG-Z, Idiot Squad, Knight Fortix 2

And I still wanna buy: MLB The Game, Unchartered, Disgaea 3, Mortal Kombat and Katamari

I don't think anyone can argue that that's a FUCKTON of gaming hours right there. The Vita is my favourite console by far at the moment.

It's easy to batter out a list - but which of these are system sellers or absolute must haves? That's the problem. The Vita is yet to stamp it's identity and offer something *truly* unique. There's not going to be a Monster Hunter on it - but the Souls game looks like it might be a must-have.

It's easy to batter out a list - but which of these are system sellers or absolute must haves? That's the problem. The Vita is yet to stamp it's identity and offer something *truly* unique. There's not going to be a Monster Hunter on it - but the Souls game looks like it might be a must-have.

Whilst this is arguable - personally Gravity Rush is pretty unique and quite special but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. For me though it's not just about the games it's about the portability that's where the Vita stamps it's identity, it's PS anywhere. For anyone who commutes to work via public transport it's some of the finest gaming you'll get on the the move.

Oh good we've become the 3DS thread. No dissenting opinions allowed!

Maybe, but from my point of view there does seem to be a lack of any major releases for a little while, it's the typical summer drought. Although I still have plenty to keep me busy without LBP or PSP titles.

Still my favorite launch window ever over here :bye: . Admittedly, I've been playing a lot of Persona 3 the last few weeks (which isn't really a Vita game) but I'm finding it terribly difficult to tear myself away from the thing.

Playing WipeOut 2048 too at the moment. The music isn't as hot as previous versions but the sound effects are absolutely amazing. Love the borderline car/gravity ship engine growl and gear changes and the lovely little touches like the distant crowd noise as you make your way through the Rockwell Stadium :wub: .

Not one single standout game in the lot.

Thats the problem for the vita.