Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Anyone actually got China Town Wars on their Vita, does it look nice? Might get it.

I do.

It looks pretty good although a little dark in places. Controls pretty well but you do need to use the start and select buttons a lot and they're crap on the Vita.

It's a great GTA game though, worth a tenner, certainly.

Anyone actually got China Town Wars on their Vita, does it look nice? Might get it.

I do.

It looks pretty good although a little dark in places. Controls pretty well but you do need to use the start and select buttons a lot and they're crap on the Vita.

It's a great GTA game though, worth a tenner, certainly.

Hmm. Ordered a wifi unit from zavvi for 175 after cashback. Good price but I googled upcoming games for vita and to be honest I wasnt very impressed with some of the lists I encountered. Lots of ports coming.

I need one for persona 4 and monster hunter anyway but wondering if Im buying too early. Then again I doubt the price will drop lower than I managed to get it for today

I'm bored, I've got £22 in my SEN wallet. What should I get? Not a big fan of RPGs but don't mind picking up PSP games if they are good.

Suggest away.

Have you got Persona 3 or Tactics Ogre? Both RPG'y, TO more turn based strategy, both very good. No idea how much they are on the EU PSN though.

I'm anticipating a raft of titles to be announced at E3. Still playing all my launch titles as well as Persona 3 so lots to play anyway. Tales from space was great only need to gold all the levels and I'll have all the trophies. Must say the blob friend on L22 was hard to find.

I watched a few videos online of PSP games being played on the Vita. The screen really makes a huge difference. I think I'll keep my zavvi order. Even if no vita games interest me in the next few months, using it as a souped up PSP to play lots of games I've missed over the years (not had a psp since around 2007 or so).

Has netflix come to the UK store yet?

I watched a few videos online of PSP games being played on the Vita. The screen really makes a huge difference. I think I'll keep my zavvi order. Even if no vita games interest me in the next few months, using it as a souped up PSP to play lots of games I've missed over the years (not had a psp since around 2007 or so).

Has netflix come to the UK store yet?

No but its easy to access the us store to get it. Then switch back to your UK profile to use the app.

I'm thinking of picking up Unit 13 tomorrow and have a quick question. I'm using a US PSN account on my vita, will I be able to use the online pass on my account? Is the pass just for co-op or is there anything else it is used for?

I'm thinking of picking up Unit 13 tomorrow and have a quick question. I'm using a US PSN account on my vita, will I be able to use the online pass on my account? Is the pass just for co-op or is there anything else it is used for?

No the code wont work its locked to region, yeah just need it for online coop/

Yeah I bought it. You can use the vitas filter make the graphics smoother as I found it a bit pixelly at first. I forgot that you lose the touchscreen functions but it still plays well but as mentioned by the previous poster the select and start buttons are a bit small and fiddlly and yourblikelynto be using them a lot to use the PDA device.

I really like ChinaTown Wars, I played the DS and iPhone versions before and the PSP version is the best.

I think the DS version is the best. The gps shows so much more of the map allowing you to plan your route better and I really enjoyed using the touch screen for all those interactions.

The iPhone version is shite.

I'm bored, I've got £22 in my SEN wallet. What should I get? Not a big fan of RPGs but don't mind picking up PSP games if they are good.

Suggest away.

Tekken 6 is a pretty much console perfect port, if you likes that sort of thing.

Split Second is an excellent arcade racer.

The Red Star is a weird but fun third person shmup/fighter.

I seem to have reached a brick wall on EG can't get better than 2nd of 4-5, and I've only come 2nd once out of many attempts.

Press square on the selection screen to enable Easy mode. It will show your result with a little clover next to it so you'll know what ones to go back to and finish properly. This way you can level up a bit and go back when you feel more confident.

I seem to have reached a brick wall on EG can't get better than 2nd of 4-5, and I've only come 2nd once out of many attempts.

I have also hit the wall. I have 43 stars and 38 crowns but am stuck now. Can't hit the pin on 3-2, get a rising shot on 1-2, hit 50% impact on 2-1, hit all GIR on 5-3, or win with a birdie on the 18th on 6-5. Winning the tournaments is never the problem, just doing the crown requirements!

get a rising shot on 1-2

I'd been working on that one for ages, ended up getting it earlier with a hole in one on the 17th! My previous tactic was to get to the lowest score I could before the 18th, then keep topspin chipping on then putting back off until I ran out of strokes!

It should be region locked, however I bought a PAL FR copy of Unit 13, and managed to redeem the code on the UK store. Normally the two stores do not accept codes (e.g. you can't buy a 50 euro PSN credit (a physical one) and use it on the UK store). So there's an outside chance it might work.

It's used for the online co-op and I think the daily challenges.

It should be region locked, however I bought a PAL FR copy of Unit 13, and managed to redeem the code on the UK store. Normally the two stores do not accept codes (e.g. you can't buy a 50 euro PSN credit (a physical one) and use it on the UK store). So there's an outside chance it might work.

Different country stores within the same region will accept any codes from any country in that region except for codes that redeem money values (due to the different currencies).

Eg. I used Canadian online codes included with all my Rock Band games and they redeemed fine on my US account, but they wouldn't work on my UK account.

Likewise, online codes from a Euro game should work fine on any Euro account, but not on a US or Japanes account. To the best of my knowledge.

Money codes will always be country-specific. Or, at the very least, currency-specific.