Playstation Vita

Robo_1

I'm exactly the same - 2 days it barely registered with me that the Vita was out yet. Yet today I've gone and bought one with Everybody's Golf (the game I bought a PS3 for fact fans), Wipeout & Lumines! So weak! :rolleyes:

I bought a ps3 and then vita for Everybody's Golf too.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-07-play-leaks-vita-games-monster-hunter-portable-3-grand-theft-auto-vice-city-nights

Online retailer Play.com has leaked four massive new titles for PlayStation Vita: Monster Hunter Portable 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Nights, Tales Of Innocence R and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

What's the usual emoticon for moments like this?

Oh, I remember now... :omg:

I know it's only been two weeks but I'm still utterly in love with my Vita. It's just so easy to pick up and play brilliant stuff. And, you can play it with Seinfeld on at the same time!

Me too, it's a great console. The only problem is deciding what to play! I have Rayman. Wipeout, everybody's golf, motorstorm, hustle kings and mutant blobs and they are all fantastic games!

Has anyone had any trouble connecting to the daily International tournaments via 3G? Since I switched to the T-Mobile sim card, it never seems to let me connect in the morning, always throws one error or another. It's strange, because it signs into PSN fine and lets me see friend requests etc.

Has anyone had any trouble connecting to the daily International tournaments via 3G? Since I switched to the T-Mobile sim card, it never seems to let me connect in the morning, always throws one error or another. It's strange, because it signs into PSN fine and lets me see friend requests etc.

I use a T-mobile SIM and I've not had any issues.

What priceplan is the SIM on? Have you recieved any SMS about FUP?

I use a T-mobile SIM and I've not had any issues.

What priceplan is the SIM on? Have you recieved any SMS about FUP?

What's FUP? I received a few texts. I rang them to confirm that the 12 months free deal was activated, but I have no idea what the price plan is. I have the APN set to general...

What's FUP? I received a few texts. I rang them to confirm that the 12 months free deal was activated, but I have no idea what the price plan is. I have the APN set to general...

Sorry I was in work mode. FUP (fair use policy).

Unless you have been using the SIM in another device I doubt you'll of breached your fair use to be honest.

Maybe simply network conjestion was preventing you connecting.

Sorry I was in work mode. FUP (fair use policy).

Unless you have been using the SIM in another device I doubt you'll of breached your fair use to be honest.

Maybe simply network conjestion was preventing you connecting.

I'll try on my commute home, maybe it's just I'm trying to access the tournaments as they're being updated or something silly.

I only have the paupers Wifi version and the EG dailys can be hard to connect to for me using my phone as a hotspot (where PSN and the rest is fine) - I'd put it down to Everybody's Golf online bits being twitchy.

I'm off into town today to pick up a Vita. Probably going to pick up the wifi version with Everybodys Golf, Katamari and Shinobido. I've got this sudden urge to buy one, even though Mass Effect 3 will arrive tomorrow so it probably won't get much of a look in this week.

Still, new hardware! :omg:

...And I am now the proud owner of a wifi Vita, a 16gig memory card, Everybody's Golf, Touch My Katamari and Virtua Tennis 4. but I couldn't find a copy of Shinobido anywhere - it's £29.99 on shopto and it'll arrive tomorrow. Does anyone know anywhere I could get it cheaper? I was sorely tempted by Rayman Origins as well, but I own it on the 360 and couldn't justify buying it again when I had just spent so much in one go.

The hardware itself is a thing of beauty. I've only played 5 mins of Katamari and then stuck it on charge. I can't wait for a proper session. :wub:

Just a heads up: if you look into that Eurogamer story you'll see it's incredibly shaky. The entire article, which they don't even have the decency to flag as a rumour, is based on an image some guy sent in of Play listings that aren't even on the site. Monster Hunter is the only one that actually shows up, and as it makes no sense for them to remove the others and leave that one, it seems pretty clear to me that someone's jumped into Paint to knock up a quick troll.

I suppose it's possible that Eurogamer are using the image as a means to get around an embargo — as in they know the games are coming, but as a third-party 'revealed' them they can talk about it — but Occam's razor would suggest shoddy journalism as the more likely option.

Anyway, a demo for Everybody's Golf should be hitting the Store in a bit. Good for people like me who are intrigued by everyone talking it up but not quite enough to lay down £30 off the bat. Or should that be club?

Am travelling tomorrow (hello Bristol!) - is there any way to charge a Vita without lugging the plug. Can I charge via USB on my works PC for instance? Or via secondary battery?

You can charge via USB but apparently only whilst the Vita's off — not sleeping, actually off.

I guess it's a voltage issue, although you'd think sleep mode would suffice; perhaps the Content Manager is part of the problem? Regardless, it should be okay if you're just looking to top up your Vita whilst doing other things.

Just a heads up: if you look into that Eurogamer story you'll see it's incredibly shaky. The entire article, which they don't even have the decency to flag as a rumour, is based on an image some guy sent in of Play listings that aren't even on the site. Monster Hunter is the only one that actually shows up, and as it makes no sense for them to remove the others and leave that one, it seems pretty clear to me that someone's jumped into Paint to knock up a quick troll.

Vita Monster Hunter is a huge deal though. That's the Japanese Vita sales going through the roof at some stage.

Vita Monster Hunter is a huge deal though. That's the Japanese Vita sales going through the roof at some stage.

True, but even then we're just looking at a Play listing which isn't exactly definitive proof in the first place. Personally I see a Vita MH as an inevitability, although whether we'll hear anything about one during Friday's Japanese streaming event is another matter.

Really it just annoys me how every site parrots each other and no bugger bothers to scratch below the surface. A reader should be able to take what you say at face value.

I noticed Portable 3rd vita up weeks back on play.com - I assumed was just play.com catalog holding thing. Ill just wait for 3G :P also everyone buy Shinobido - check the thread for cool imprssions

True, but even then we're just looking at a Play listing which isn't exactly definitive proof in the first place. Personally I see a Vita MH as an inevitability, although whether we'll hear anything about one during Friday's Japanese streaming event is another matter.

Really it just annoys me how every site parrots each other and no bugger bothers to scratch below the surface. A reader should be able to take what you say at face value.

I totally understand, but there's not a publisher on the planet that will comment on retailer listings. None of the reports I've seen have said the play listing makes them concrete, they're just speculating, joining the dots between play.com and the Vita event on Friday.

In any case, I'm yet to see a retailer listing that hasn't turned out to be correct.

I totally understand, but there's not a publisher on the planet that will comment on retailer listings. None of the reports I've seen have said the play listing makes them concrete, they're just speculating, joining the dots between play.com and the Vita event on Friday.

In any case, I'm yet to see a retailer listing that hasn't turned out to be correct.

Most of the HD collections are first discovered via retailer listings and not through official channels, so I'm inclined to be optimistic.

my wish list for [future] vita firmware updates:

- d-pad and button navigation / confirmation alternatives

(having to pop back and forth between button presses and the touch screen unnecessarily. hot shot/everybody's golf, I'm looking at you and your touch here, then confirm this with 'x', then touch here menu system :quote:

- wi-fi connection transparency

(system jumping from a pretty gui interface, showing connecting, leading to a generic "connecting..." pop-up, back to the gui, another generic pop-up, and then connection or generic timeout/connection error pop-up

- ability to "download" the game manuals for physical game cards onto the vita's memory card.

(right now, it seems kind of pointless to display the manual icon for the game's that you've "installed" on your vita [all titles that use the memory card set aside some space when they are inserted into the system for the first time, why not give the option to copy the game manual as well?]

- tell me that there's an update available for the game that I'm launching, rather than have me touch the rather uninformative "update" button

(and for that matter, change the buttons to something more intuitive

my wish list for [future] vita firmware updates:

- d-pad and button navigation / confirmation alternatives

(having to pop back and forth between button presses and the touch screen unnecessarily. hot shot/everybody's golf, I'm looking at you and your touch here, then confirm this with 'x', then touch here menu system :quote:

I never use the touchscreen for Everybody's Golf menus (or when playing the game - it's a rare use case to need to move your character around the tee box).