Playstation Vita

Robo_1

I thought Unit 13 was out on Friday

It is in the UK.

The download isn't actually going live before the retail release, it's just that it comes out in mainland Europe tomorrow, Aus/NZ on Thursday and the UK on Friday.

According to this Unit 13 will be £29.99 to download when it's released tomorrow :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/03/06/unit-13-out-tomorrow-for-playstation-vita/

Just read the comments, it's clarified that it doesn't go live in the UK until Friday in line with retail. Europe in general gets it tomorrow, the UK & Ireland have to wait.

I doubt I'll buy it now, I'll end up using my credit before then. That's an indictment on my own impatience rather than rationally considering two days an impenetrable wait.

I've had a review build for a while and I agree - it's a little bland looking and quite generic BUT the game play is perfectly balanced for quick repeated play.

Agreed. It's a very clever shooter, just hidden underneath a rather generic looking exterior.

Just thought I'd ask, did anyone ever find a decent online listing of all PSP titles available on PSN in the UK? Just saves me firing up the PS3. I remember back when I had a PSP-3000, the Wikipedia listings were hopelessly inaccurate.

Just thought I'd ask, did anyone ever find a decent online listing of all PSP titles available on PSN in the UK? Just saves me firing up the PS3. I remember back when I had a PSP-3000, the Wikipedia listings were hopelessly inaccurate.

I tried looking for one, then gave up and fired up the PS3!

There's an iPad app (unofficial). I don't know how complete it is though.

Impulse bought Virtua Tennis the other day and I'm glad I did. VT makes for a great portable game (Sports game always seem to) and I'm sucked into the world tour mode at the expense of all my other games at the mo. Only tried a couple of online games but it seems pretty solid and I got absolutely hammered. Anyway its a top game and if you've played a previous version you'll know exactly what to expect.

For console that I know interest in until 2 days before it launched I'm obsessed with the Vita. It just gets so much right

I'm off into town today to pick up a Vita. Probably going to pick up the wifi version with Everybodys Golf, Katamari and Shinobido. I've got this sudden urge to buy one, even though Mass Effect 3 will arrive tomorrow so it probably won't get much of a look in this week.

Still, new hardware! :omg:

I just played Vanquish on my Vita! Well, the Vanquish trailer that I had on my PS3 and transferred over. Holy fuck, I want a Vita version more now than ever.

Remote play is going to be so awesome. :)

They should be able to neatly map the missing buttons to the left and right side of the front and rear track pads too.

Unless they significantly improve on how it currently works, it definitely won't be awesome.

I didn't think it was available at all at this point? Or do you mean how it worked with PSP? I've never used it personally, but the Killzone 3 demo looked fairly convincing.

It felt less leggy on the Vita than the PSP. I haven't used it in years though, so it might have just improved over time.

Played a couple of PSone shmups (using the PS3 locally, not over the Internet). Lag wasn't an issue, but it looked like a low bit rate YouTube video. Pretty rubbish, really. Onlive is going to suck.

I love my Vita. Lying in bed playing Lumines is a fantastic way of unwinding and getting ready to snooze.

It's rather geeky, but the idea of improvements, revisions and additions in further firmware updates excites me.

I don't find Lumines a good way of unwinding at all! It's a real zone game for me, if anything when I'm really into it I end up much more awake and 'wired' than before I started. Probably because I'm terrible at the game.

I didn't think it was available at all at this point? Or do you mean how it worked with PSP? I've never used it personally, but the Killzone 3 demo looked fairly convincing.

Killzone demos don't have a great history though...

I'm off into town today to pick up a Vita. Probably going to pick up the wifi version with Everybodys Golf, Katamari and Shinobido. I've got this sudden urge to buy one, even though Mass Effect 3 will arrive tomorrow so it probably won't get much of a look in this week.

Still, new hardware! :omg:

I'm exactly the same - 2 days it barely registered with me that the Vita was out yet. Yet today I've gone and bought one with Everybody's Golf (the game I bought a PS3 for fact fans), Wipeout & Lumines! So weak! :rolleyes: