Playstation Vita

Robo_1

I polished off Uncharted last week; great fun! Not played any of the big console versions so was going in fresh, but think I might go back and start the trilogy later in the year now. Thought the touch screen stuff worked nicely too.

Currently pelting my way through Rayman, which is lovely. Trying to fully complete each level (time trial and all) before moving onto the next so progress is a little slow, but still very enjoyable all the same.

The Vita is blessed in having a half dozen launch games that you really can't go wrong with. It might not have a truely killer app, but the quality spread over the quantity of launch games is amazing.

I'm a Wipeout nut, so would say 2048 should be your first choice. Its campaign is pretty short, and needs the additional modes to be patched in to give it long term appeal. EG is as glorious as all the previous games (but also plays exactly like all the previous games). EG has longevity coming out of its super deformed eyeballs. I'll be playing it on and off for the life of the Vita.

I'll pick up a physical copy of Uncharted once it's cheap, and trade in once done. All the other Vita games I've bought have been keeper, so I've bought them from PSN.

I'm enjoying Wipeout far more than I expected to, it's a really great game and fine to play on the move, which I was a bit worried it wouldn't be. I'm not as much of a fan of Motorstorm as everyone else seems to be, I guess it's just not my kind of thing.

But I would obviously advocate EG if you have any inkling you might enjoy it. The daily international tournaments are great fun, a nice 30 minute distraction in the morning.

I should be getting my Vita today and a 8GB memory card tomorrow - Still haven't bought any games yet though :facepalm:

I intend to get Motorstorm RC and I'll really only be able to afford one other game - Which should I get between Uncharted, Wipeout and Everybody's Golf?

EG, 100%. It will last you until the end of time.

It does lack a "killer app" but the breadth of quality is astounding.

I know Metacritic isn't perfect but as a straw poll. On release Vita has 18 games over 70 and 8 over 80

Looking at other launches this is a phenomenal number

I havent looked at them all but

PS3 10 over 70 and 4 over 80

I had been wondering why this launch was so overwhelmingly positive on here (the cuntiest forum , or second ) and I thinkt hat might be the reason.

Oh dear God, I want so many of the launch titles. MotorStorm RC is great fun on my PS3, so I'd love that while on the move, plus Wipeout, Golf, Rayman, Shinobido, Stardust, that mutant blob game I hear a lot about, maybe Escape Plan, Lumines. :( My poor wallet.

As a big baseball fan, I will be picking up MLB The Show 12 as my next Vita game.

Seriously tempted by that despite not playing a baseball game on a console since Ken Griffey Jr on the SNES. I think it was the video of playing the game on the ps3 and then continuing the same game on the Vita that did it for me. More games should do that, and hopefully now more games will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaag7XPKqtM

I'd recommend Mutant Blobs very highly, a lovely little game that constant invents new mechanic and tactics but never overuses them.

Finished it the other day but intend to go back and find all the bonus blobs just because its so nice to play.

I loved PS3 Modnation but found the Vita demo a little choppy and hard to see what's going on so decided to swerve it.

Vita get!

Just had a quick blast on it at work - DAT SCREEN.

Something has just occured to me though - I'm not going to have internet at home 'till next Monday.

I've just tried logging on the PSN here at work but it's telling me it's not available - I'm assuming it's down for maintenance or summat?

Vita get!

Just had a quick blast on it at work - DAT SCREEN.

Something has just occured to me though - I'm not going to have internet at home 'till next Monday.

I've just tried logging on the PSN here at work but it's telling me it's not available - I'm assuming it's down for maintenance or summat?

It was down 'for maintenance' earlier when I tried to log my ps3 in. Having all kinds of other Internet problems today as well :(

Thing Im going to struggle to resist picking that up (despite vowing not to buy anything else this month).. I loved the demo, and those kind of bitesized/score attack based missions suit the handheld perfectly!

I've had a review build for a while and I agree - it's a little bland looking and quite generic BUT the game play is perfectly balanced for quick repeated play.

Interesting 3G Vita fact of the day, you can text message your Vita! Obviously you can't reply to it but it might be handy... Just send an SMS to your Vita's SIM card phone number. I know it's obvious it should work but I've tried it for the first time today and it worked as it would on a phone.