Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Do the medals give you anything in Uncharted? Keep getting pop-ups like '30 enemies killed in a row' or '10 headshots', they aren't trophies - is there anyway to view them in game?

When I went into Playstation Home yesterday (don't fucking judge me!) I got some stuff for some of them.

Just played F1 for 3 hours - no sign of cramp or claw-hand.

So yeah, most comfortable handheld ever.

Absolutely love it, and have no regrets at all selling my 3DS gear on here last week.

What do you think of F1? I fucking HATED F1 09 on the PSP, LOVED 10 on the 360 and 11 wasn't bad, but 10 was the best out of the 3 for me. What is 11 like on the Vita?

The Vita is easily the most comfortable handheld I've ever played but I still get hand crap after a few hours which is annoying. Maybe my hands are just fucked :lol: Great device though, I barely play it at home but I love playing it on the bus or on lunch breaks and getting through Uncharted slowly but surely. It's just a nice distraction to have along with the consoles/PC etc.

I'm due to get a vita on wednesday, I'm just wondering whats the best thing to do with PSN. I have a launch usa PS3 and my account is a US account. I never really bought anything from the us store on the ps3. I plan to buy most games for the vita online. Should I stick with my US account and buy topups or just use a UK account?

I wonder if Sony will do anything Playstation Plus related with the Vita? I subscribed a few months before Xmas & was impressed with all the freebies & discounts. I don't think any of that has been for PSP related stuff though (just PSOne) & with it being so hot right now Sony probably don't see the need.

No they won't offer any + discounts or freebies on Vita for a while for sure. I am sure it's in their plan to introduce it at some point though. With the same sort of offers you get with the PS3 stuff. Somebody earlier suggested a 10% discount on Vita stuff would be nice but for now at least I can't see that happening.

You still get free minis with it at the moment which are compatible and Psone games which will be compatible at some point with a firmware update do grab them all now even if you don't have a system to play them all on.

Having missed the whole PSP scene, I am a very happy man now. Played Metal Gear Solid PW for the first time for about 5 hours last night. Downloaded LocoRoco 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and God of War. They seem to look a lot better and I love the fact that you can now assign the right thumbstick to change the camera. For PW, it really helps with the aiming.

Still so much space left on my 32GB memory stick as well.

My Vita gives me a massive hard on :D

Why is it free so soon after launch? It just sets a precedent...

thought it was pretty cobblers anyway; total cash in using the 'motorstorm' name,

although to be fair i did only play the demo, can you actually get any power ups in the game?

What do you think of F1? I fucking HATED F1 09 on the PSP, LOVED 10 on the 360 and 11 wasn't bad, but 10 was the best out of the 3 for me. What is 11 like on the Vita?

I have this too after picking it up for £20 on Zavvi (think it's now £25 there). It's good but it's quite a long way from the console versions. My biggest gripe is that the frame rate drops during races when there's a lot of cars around you. The qualifying and practice is fantastic, very smooth but then you go into the race and it drops a little bit.

The AI is another problem, they sometimes just try to drive straight through you. I'm playing on hard as otherwise my qualifying is 10 seconds+ of 2nd place so the races tend to be close. It's quite annoying suddenly getting pushed along and off the track by the AI behind.

All that said, the game is good fun and possibly worth picking up. It's much much more arcadey than the console version but that's somehow ok when it's on a handheld.

Free/cheap stuff for the Vita would be the thing that would make me consider getting a + account. Hope it happens sooner then later.

IMO it's worth it for the PS3 stuff alone. I got Plants vs Zombies, Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix & Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse all for free. I would have got the recent Back to the Future: The Game as well, but I'd already bought it.

They've also just put up Resident Evil 2 & 3 as well, so along with Final Fantasy V that's some things for when the Vita gets PSOne compatibility.

I should be getting my Vita today and a 8GB memory card tomorrow - Still haven't bought any games yet though :facepalm:

I intend to get Motorstorm RC and I'll really only be able to afford one other game - Which should I get between Uncharted, Wipeout and Everybody's Golf?

Personaly I would say Uncharted, but then again I am a bit biased really.

The Vita is easily the most comfortable handheld I've ever played but I still get hand crap after a few hours which is annoying. Maybe my hands are just fucked :lol: Great device though, I barely play it at home but I love playing it on the bus or on lunch breaks and getting through Uncharted slowly but surely. It's just a nice distraction to have along with the consoles/PC etc.

I agree with this, after a couple of hours of play I also get hand cramp. It has to be the design of the Vita / handheld consoles in general as I can play the 360 all day ( & all night, if the missus is away ) & not have a problem. I think its a case of style over substance, if the Vita was a little bit wider & a bit thicker it would be much easier to hold but they have to pander to people who are looking to buy a 'sexy' bit of kit instead of people who are actually going to buy it to play games.

There are some Hori grips coming out in the next 2 - 4 weeks ( according to the helpful Amazon product page ) & I will certainly be picking some up to see if it helps.

At the moment its easier for me as I am playing Vita games which don't use the rear panel & PSP games but I can't play anything with rear touch as I have to hold the Vita with my fingers touching the back. I really, really hope all this gimmicky touchscreen stuff either dies out fast or is just for optional bits & can be disabled. If it becomes the norm, I probably won't be buying many new games.

I should be getting my Vita today and a 8GB memory card tomorrow - Still haven't bought any games yet though :facepalm:

I intend to get Motorstorm RC and I'll really only be able to afford one other game - Which should I get between Uncharted, Wipeout and Everybody's Golf?

For replay value I say EG

Wipeout. Unless you hate racing games, then get uncharted.

I finished Uncharted last night and really enjoyed it. It was much better than Uncharted 3, which tbh, was a boring piece of shit.

The touch stuff works quite well, in particular, the tilt aiming was great, almost essential with those little analog sticks so I hope other devs take note in their third person shooters.

I didn't mind the boss fights too much, although the timing for the swipes was definitely less forgiving than similar gestures during the game which led to a death or two.

Having missed the whole PSP scene, I am a very happy man now. Played Metal Gear Solid PW for the first time for about 5 hours last night. Downloaded LocoRoco 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and God of War. They seem to look a lot better and I love the fact that you can now assign the right thumbstick to change the camera. For PW, it really helps with the aiming.

Still so much space left on my 32GB memory stick as well.

My Vita gives me a massive hard on :D

I've been on PSP splurge this week too. Ether rebuying games I had on UMD, or picking up ones I'd always had in mind to buy.

Z.H.P., LocoRoco 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Wipeout Pulse* have all been bought in the past few days. And I'm in two minds about a few others. Have got round to transferring more of my PSN PSP games as well. I won't bother moving some over, and others still arent compatable, but I've now got 11 PSP games on the Vita. Once PSone games are working, my 32GB will be creaking under the load.

* Man, playing Pulse on a handheld with a usable analogue stick makes the world of difference. It's such a class act all round, that it holds up well against it big Vita brother.

I spend the most time on Wipeout or EG. EG does seem a little better suited to the format. Both have a lot of replay value.

I'd wait until uncharted is cheap , I didn't like it at all, it's uncharted without the great combat or set pieces.