Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Unit 13 really seems like the type of game that people are only considering buying because it's coming out in the launch window of their shiny new console. If it was a 360 release coming out this week no-one would give a toss about it.

Ha! I'm addicted to endless mode at the moment. Some nice friendly rivalries developing!

Hahah yes indeed! Anyone on here topped 5.79M? If so please add me - in fact the more Super Stardust players the better.

Just tried to add Interstella and got a message saying I can't add any more friends...best do some housekeeping of non-Vita owners!

Hahah yes indeed! Anyone on here topped 5.79M? If so please add me - in fact the more Super Stardust players the better.

Just tried to add Interstella and got a message saying I can't add any more friends...best do some housekeeping of non-Vita owners!

Just got infuriatingly close to your score...

Unit 13 really seems like the type of game that people are only considering buying because it's coming out in the launch window of their shiny new console. If it was a 360 release coming out this week no-one would give a toss about it.

There may be some slight truth to that, but you're also being a bit too harsh on it. It does look like something a bit different to the normal military shooter at least, and judging by the demo it plays really well.

Oh if anyone plans to play through Uncharted again don't start a new game, as it won't save you treasures or trophies like the PS3 versions. Instead go to chapters, choose prologue, change the difficulty and start from there. No idea why they missed out such an obvious part of the original games.

I don't really agree with that tbh. It's a very score based game and seems a bit arcade like in nature compared to a lot of other military shooters. It's a perfect format for a handheld as well and the demo itself was a lot of fun regardless of the format, a lot moreso than a lot of Zippers other games which I've never really taken to.

Compare it to other hand held releases in the last... whenever might be a bit more telling. Try playing any 360 shooter on a bus.

It's £15.79 on the US PSN........

Although I do still have my US PS3 account that I set up ages ago just to get some early demo's/trailers i've decided i'm not going jump through hoops anymore with account switching. I'll stick with my UK account just so I can have everything all neatly registered to one account, & if I feel something is too expensive i'll just wait for a price drop.

I don't really agree with that tbh. It's a very score based game and seems a bit arcade like in nature compared to a lot of other military shooters. It's a perfect format for a handheld as well and the demo itself was a lot of fun regardless of the format, a lot moreso than a lot of Zippers other games which I've never really taken to.

I agree, mechanically it's a lot more interesting than most third person shooters on the non-portable systems. You can play it in tons of different ways and trying to get massive scores requires tons of planning. To get my 120.000 points in the demo I never killed anyone with a gun for instance, which required lots of observing and timing the right approach. It's a very clever game that controls really well.

Finished Uncharted at the weekend. The game was so good until the two boss fights. Honestly they were the most frustrating/shit boss fights in my gaming history.

Seriously? Worse than the final boss in Uncharted 2? I can't beat him on anything higher than Normal difficulty. Hate that boss.

Afraid to buy Uncharted on Vita now :-(

Seriously? Worse than the final boss in Uncharted 2? I can't beat him on anything higher than Normal difficulty. Hate that boss.

The rest of the game is great though. Good story, good exploration and platforming.

I don't want to be 'that guy', but what was frustrating about them?

I did them first time and found not rushing to copy the touch screen stuff to be the best strategy, when I tried to do it quickly it tended to fail.

Loved the game from start to finish though, even all the touch screen stuff, thought overall it was better than UC3.

I love the fact that a handheld can provide a satisfying shooter, this isn't perfect, but the potential is there. Plus using the sniper rifle to snap to targets is amazing!

I don't want to be 'that guy', but what was frustrating about them?

I did them first time and found not rushing to copy the touch screen stuff to be the best strategy, when I tried to do it quickly it tended to fail.

Loved the game from start to finish though, even all the touch screen stuff, thought overall it was better than UC3.

I love the fact that a handheld can provide a satisfying shooter, this isn't perfect, but the potential is there. Plus using the sniper rifle to snap to targets is amazing!

I found it frustrating that missing one could mean starting the whole process over again, even if I did get the motion right.

One of the things I like most in this Uncharted is that the treasures aren't just 'gold deity head', but that there are lots of different ones and that there is a little story attached to each of them. The banter between Sully and Drake is great as well. I don't think the combat is as good as it is in the PS3 versions though. The areas are a lot smaller, giving you less options during a fight and the shooting controls could be more tight, Unit 13 is better in that regard.

By the way, Edge has posted a short little review for Super Stardust for those interested:

http://www.edge-online.com/reviews/super-stardust-delta-review

Can anybody tell me if the link up play between the disc based Ps3 games on the Ps3 and the Vita works yet.? I can see the option on my Vita but haven't tried it yet.

I don't think anything is out that supports it yet?

Has something happened to Scott's account? Seen this twice now.

He posted it for a reason. There was a stupid and/or accidental post by the poster 'wonderful' which Scott was responding too.

I didn't find the 2 boses hard at all and I was playing on hard. The game is very very good and well worth picking up

Does anyone know how much Sainsbury's are doing the 3G model for? I have been waiting for my local to get the 3G one in stock but they have it listed as discontinued (3G only, and just for my store) but said they could order me one.Rather oddly they couldn't tell me the price though :/ thanks

Finished Uncharted at the weekend. The game was so good until the two boss fights. Honestly they were the most frustrating/shit boss fights in my gaming history.

I completed Uncharted on Friday and I actually quite enjoyed the boss fights - more so than I did in any of the 'big' console versions (especially 2).

Although I found the touch melee mechanic throughout the game pretty cool, the gestures match the moves nicely and give a better 'physicality' than mashing buttons. Overall it's been a fantastic uncharted and while it lacks the massive set pieces I really enjoyed exploring the locations unearthing mysteries doing rubbing and listening to the background research. As a package it's more Adventure than Action (although there are plenty of gun fights) where as Uncharted 2 and 3 were much more Action than Adventure (if you get what I mean). As for the Vita specific stuff, at the beginning it's a little over done but by the second half the dial it back - you only have to do the charcoal rubbing's if you want to discover all the mysteries and the balance sections are easier once you workout the orientation of the device isn't that important.

Overall it's a fantastic addition to the franchise and a great way to see what the Vita can do.

Having lots of fun with UMvC3 now. Still utterly useless at it but I'm beginning to understand the fighting system and understand the combos, although mine are more in the region of 15 hits, rather than the 100+ hits I've seen in some of the youtube vids! However I still for life of me can't beat Galactus even on very easy (despite the fact I can get through all the proceeding rounds without losing a fighter). Okay that isn't entirely true I have beaten him once, but that's in the unbelievably easy Touch mode. Basically all you do is tap on the screen over the opponent and it combos to hell for you, I think it might actually be impossible to lose!

To be honest I can't believe how much I am enjoying this little(ish) machine. I've never really been into handhelds, despite owning a GBC, GBA, DS, PSP, 3DS and now a Vita. However for some reason the Vita feels different, I think it's a combination of 3 things really. 1) It doesn't feel that far off the current gen of 'proper consoles', 2) the always on nature of it is brilliant and 3) the fact that you can have loads of games sat and ready to go from the mem card.

Obviously the last point would be mote if there weren't any games to play but this launch line up is fantastic. And I haven't even bothered to look at any of the PSP or minis available. I've spent in total 400 quid on the machine, mem card, starter kit and games but it is worth every penny!