Playstation Vita

Robo_1

I do really enjoy the games I own for my iPod Touch, but I'm playing them much less lately - the Vita's feature set seems to come together well and make playing the games I own really enjoyable. I can't imagine enjoying stuff like Marvel 3 or Wipeout quite as much on iOS...

Even so, I think Apple and Sony's devices can happily co-exist and deliver games that work to the strength of the hardware, so everybody wins. :)

I do really enjoy the games I own for my iPod Touch, but I'm playing them much less lately - the Vita's feature set seems to come together well and make playing the games I own really enjoyable. I can't imagine enjoying stuff like Marvel 3 or Wipeout quite as much on iOS...

Even so, I think Apple and Sony's devices can happily co-exist and deliver games that work to the strength of the hardware, so everybody wins. :)

Yeah, agreed. You're going to get some bite-sized games and indie stuff on iOS that you just won't get on Vita.

Another thumbs up here for that alien blob PSN game, whatever it's called. Basically a mix of a 2-D platformer and Katamari, while the music and general style have brought World Of Goo to mind on more than one occasion. A must have for a fiver.

I agree, I'm not dismissing iOS games, just that for the time being at least, the Vita is demanding most of my handheld gaming time. I didn't expect a dedicated handheld games machine to once again keep my attention after not touching a DS or PSP for over two years since I got my first iOS device. I still need my daily fix of asynchronous iPhone games like Carcassonne and Ticket To Ride.

I bought Gridrunner last week for my ipad but as with the rest of you, it's barely had a look in. Even when I played it, I was immediately conscious of the lack of sticks and buttons and things just felt a bit wrong. Well worth the 69p by the way.

Shifting the topic a little, now we're a couple of weeks in I'm hoping there'll be a some discounting to be had soon. Amazon prices have moved a little but the usual suspects like zavvi have only dropped Army Corps of Hell and that was down to £15 for such a short time I'm thinking it was a mistake. Hoping for a sub-£20 Virtua Tennis and sub £15 Katamari really. The retailers will surely have some stock to shift now they know what is and isn't selling.

id like to see some cheaper games too as love feeding a new console softwware

This is where vita could be interesting, id like to have katamari, probably in download form, but wont pay full whack for it, which means in all likelihood getting a cheap physical copy.

Where is the sweetspot though in digital pricing for meatier games post launch, im not advocating an ios like market where everybody waits for 69p games to go free, but leaving fifa at £45 when it can be goti got in the shops for half that will make no sense either

But I guess like most digital distribution the publisher sets the price, not Sony. Thats a guess mind.

I think generally having titles a little cheaper than retail online (or maybe the same) makes a lot more sense with Vita than most other consoles. Due to the desire to have these games as download rather than retail so you can play them ANYTIME. I was considering getting Rayman retail but just decided to download it for £30 the other day for this very reason. I won't pay £45 for Fifa though.

It's interesting that if you look at the 'most popular' games on PSN on a Vita 7 out of 10 of the sub £10 PSN ones. The other 3 being Uncharted, Wipeout and Fifa. People will take a punt on anything thats getting good reviews for a fiver. Less so on the more expensive games. Hopefully this will encourage more development of PSN Vita titles. The quality of those is generally astonishing so far.

Does anyone know what the C2-12828-1 error is or how to fix it? It happens everytime i try to open Content Manager now (even though it worked before to transfer games from my PS3).

Actually, it's happening with anything i try to open now....HELP

I need more friends on my highscore table on Super Stardust Delta. Anybody else playing this game?

Feel free to add my PSN ID which is Interstella.

Added. I love Super Stardust - this version is ideal. Epcotman's scores are taunting me though.

Added. I love Super Stardust - this version is ideal. Epcotman's scores are taunting me though.

Excellent! I hope Epcotman will add me too. I'm suddenly getting an NW-8942-3 error so I can't access my friendlist at the moment.

Anyone know what this error means?

EDIT: According to GAF, PSN is now under maintenance :-(

Not sure what to do with Unit 13 now. The retail release is about 28 quid, and the download version will be about 30, but I want to avoid retail releases for the most part (those carts are a pain in the arse). The resale value won't be too high I imagine, considering the cost of the online pass...

Demo of Unit 13 was ace so looking forward to it also. Going retail myself, given it is surely insane to pay more for a licence to run software then the physical item. Some resale has got to better than none.

In other news, my word Uncharted picks up after the first hour. Was just happily pootling along thinking it was okay but a bit disappointing and then bang you pick up the machine guns and it's game on. Magnificent stuff. Can't help but think its going to be over a bit quick though the rate I'm rattling through the chapters though.

Demo of Unit 13 was ace so looking forward to it also. Going retail myself, given it is surely insane to pay more for a licence to run software then the physical item. Some resale has got to better than none.

In other news, my word Uncharted picks up after the first hour. Was just happily pootling along thinking it was okay but a bit disappointing and

then bang you pick up the machine guns and it's game on. Magnificent stuff. Can't help but think its going to be over a bit quick though the rate I'm rattling through the chapters though.

I thought Uncharted was impressively long. It gets better and better without ever going stupidly over the top. It was like a good book, for me. Couldn't put it down. It's not just great for a handheld game. It's just great!