Playstation Vita

Robo_1

If your doing the account demo trick sync your trophies with PSN first. Also use a HK one for Gravity Rush as its all in English, which is odd because the full HK game isn't.

Good tip, although I'm quite pleased the demo is all in JP as it means it hasn't spoilt anything for the full game, although it did take me a bit of fiddling to find the invert Y option.

Not sure I synced my trophies though, what might I have done, lost them?

I always worry about this when I get a new gadget but....

What's the general consensus on battery charging? I dabbled a bit when I first got it and did the initial setup etc. before it's first full charge but is it best to let it drain completely before charging or keep topping up?

The one slight concern I have is that there seem to be NO games on the release schedules, when are more coming?

I agree with this, there really isn't anything announced at all. I know Sony have an event next week to announce a bucket load, but are we going to have a 3DS situation where we are waiting for months for anything else that is good to be released?

I agree with this, there really isn't anything announced at all. I know Sony have an event next week to announce a bucket load, but are we going to have a 3DS situation where we are waiting for months for anything else that is good to be released?

Yes pretty much. Unit 13 is out next week and there are 1 or 2 more buy its going to be slow How much of a problem that is depends on how much you want to play out of the significant launch line-up.

Next weeks announcement will be interesting.

Played the Super Stardust Delta Trial on a friends Vita yesterday. 5 minutes later I bought a Vita. Today I've got SS Delta, Motorstorm RC, Wipeout 2048 (I actually think it's a great game with the lower framerate - makes it all a bit easier I think, which I like and the Zone levels are still awesome). Also got Mutant Blobs Attack which is pretty good. Motorstorm RC reminds me of playing one of my favorite Amiga games - Ivan "Ironman" Stewards Super Off Road - and I love it.

The console itself is great. Everything is so fast to use and the design of the shop is better than on the 3DS I think. Battery life is also improved from the 3DS and I'm surprised that I can turn the brightness almost all the way down and still get a screen that is bright and wonderful to look at. Amazing.

There is stuff announced, we just don't have specific dates for a lot of it.

Unit 13 comes out next week, Resistance: Burning Skies at the end of May and Gravity Rush in early June. Within that period you should also see Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Mortal Kombat, Suminoni: Demon Arts, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention and possibly New Little King's Story; that's March in Japan but a European date isn't set.

On the digital-only side of things the following should also be making an appearance during the above time frame: The Pinball Arcade, Retro City Rampage, StarDrone Extended, Putty Squad, Alien Spidy and no doubt plenty of others I've either forgotten about or haven't even been announced yet.

That brings us to E3 where there will no doubt be new announcements, but here's a few things that we know are coming this year but don't know when: LittleBigPlanet, Sound Shapes, Call of Duty, Dragon's Crown, MGS/ZOE HD Collections, Warrior's Lair (a.k.a. Ruin), FFX HD, Stranger's Wrath/Munch's Odyssey, Street Fighter X Tekken, Persona 4: The Golden, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, etc. Naturally you'll have your annual sport games, too.

Into 2013 the only ones that spring to mind are BioShock, Assassin's Creed, Time Travellers and Killzone, although that isn't too surprising as we're early in the year; potentially some of those could be this year, we just don't know.

Overall I'd say things aren't too bad, especially as I don't have enough time to play the games I already own, let alone the launch titles I've still to buy. The releases could be steadier, sure, but that's pretty much par for the course when it comes to new hardware. Personally I foresee digital-only titles filling in the gaps pretty nicely; they tend to have a pretty quick turnaround from announcement to release.

My Vita is broken! Awesome! I went to unlock it earlier and it wouldn't peel, then turned off and won't come back on. Spent the journey home hoping it was the battery and I hadn't noticed but they don't charge for this long. Got it from CEX so despite working there this is still going to be an epic ballache.

Here's to hoping they haven't got some kind of inherent fault.

There is stuff announced, we just don't have specific dates for a lot of it.

Unit 13 comes out next week, Resistance: Burning Skies at the end of May and Gravity Rush in early June. Within that period you should also see Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Mortal Kombat, Suminoni: Demon Arts, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention and possibly New Little King's Story; that's March in Japan but a European date isn't set.

On the digital-only side of things the following should also be making an appearance during the above time frame: The Pinball Arcade, Retro City Rampage, StarDrone Extended, Putty Squad, Alien Spidy and no doubt plenty of others I've either forgotten about or haven't even been announced yet.

That brings us to E3 where there will no doubt be new announcements, but here's a few things that we know are coming this year but don't know when: LittleBigPlanet, Sound Shapes, Call of Duty, Dragon's Crown, MGS/ZOE HD Collections, Warrior's Lair (a.k.a. Ruin), FFX HD, Stranger's Wrath/Munch's Odyssey, Street Fighter X Tekken, Persona 4: The Golden, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, etc. Naturally you'll have your annual sport games, too.

Into 2013 the only ones that spring to mind are BioShock, Assassin's Creed, Time Travellers and Killzone, although that isn't too surprising as we're early in the year; potentially some of those could be this year, we just don't know.

Overall I'd say things aren't too bad, especially as I don't have enough time to play the games I already own, let alone the launch titles I've still to buy. The releases could be steadier, sure, but that's pretty much par for the course when it comes to new hardware. Personally I foresee digital-only titles filling in the gaps pretty nicely; they tend to have a pretty quick turnaround from announcement to release.

What's Little King's Story like? I guess I'll either have to give a Disgaea game a proper go or wait for FFX if I'm after RPGing. Is that Persona the updated version of 4 or the fighting game?

SFxT is September BTW.

DQVIII - pretty please? I'd pay full-whack. If someone at SE is reading - keep bringing the oldies back to this.

I'd pay full price plus some of MY BLOOD. I'll be buying FFXHD entirely in the hope that it sells well and they release XII, I was looking at my PS2 copies of FFXII and DQVIII the other day and thinking that a modern way to play them would be lovely. But the option of playing them anywhere on that screen? Perfection.

Is that Persona the updated version of 4 or the fighting game?

Persona 4: The Golden is the update of the 2009 PS2 game, yes. :)

Persona 4: Arena (Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena in Japan) has only been confirmed for home consoles at the moment.

I'd pay full price plus some of MY BLOOD. I'll be buying FFXHD entirely in the hope that it sells well and they release XII

FFX is almost certainly getting a release because of the popularity of the game in Japan. XII doesn't have anywhere near the amount of popularity over there so I think it's unlikely. I think they'd rather port/remake something else, the Romancing Saga series has been muttered by Square employees as something they want to work on and there are other possibilities as well. DQVIII is a possibility, but I don't see them doing it for a few years due to DQX. I'd like ports of Kingdom Hearts, although they are already risking franchise fatigue.

i've already committed to buying the Japanese release of FFX ;)

Persona 4: The Golden is the update of the 2009 PS2 game, yes. :)

Persona 4: Arena (Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena in Japan) has only been confirmed for home consoles at the moment.

Good job they decided to avoid confusion by making the difference between them so clear.

Downloaded the Unit 13 Demo, going to check it out soon. The Uncharted Demo is downloading now. I've only ever played about 10 minutes of the first PS3 uncharted, so I figure I better give it a look.

I have a question though. Can you have two different saves on a game, for example Rayman Origins? I ask because my friend will be coming over and is bound to want to play on my vita. Will he be able to start his own save, or just play on mine?