IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Hi old man. I cant help with your problem but can beat you at RC etc. Bung me your PSN id.

Oi! Old man indeed. Pffft. I've since sorted the code problem. As for my PSN tag, if you can't read my signature then you don't deserve to know it! ;-p

After playing around with the Vita quite a bit I think the biggest problem I have with it is that anything to do with the Friends List/Near/PSN in general just takes too long. There are lots of nice ideas in terms of gifting, looking at friends recent activities and so on, but they all seem to take forever to load or access separate apps or take you through several signing in screens that just put me off ever using them. It still feels very slow and bitty and disjointed to me in a way that reminds me more of the PS3 than XBL.

For example, in Lumines you can gift an avatar or skin to someone via near, but to do so you the Vita has to launch Near, sign you in via several loading screens, then you have to refresh near to upload it, before returing to Lumines. It's too many steps for such a simple task and means I probably won't do it again. I feel similarly about the way that the friends list, trophy list, party chat, group messaging and Near are all separate apps that have to sign you in separately and load separately. I was hoping for something more seamless.

After quickly selling on my 3DS due to dizziness, I'm back in the market for a handheld big time, and you know what? I treated myself this morning. Picked it up in HMV for £230 (WIFI + Uncharted which was selling at £45) and Rayman for £25 (£10 off). Also grabbed a 8gb card. Haven't had a chance to sit down with it yet, but I've had a quick browse through the store and am eyeing up a couple of downloads (probably MVC3 and Wipeout). I'd be quite up for getting a bit of a friends list going as it'd be good to have some leaderboard/online action.

wooyay - new tech!

I'm

Finding this as well, the levels seem to go on for ages too. It's not a patch on GW.

Well, you can do the levels really fast. It's all about switching between ice and fire and using that boost. I really like the gameplay, especially when it ramps up in difficulty. And boy is it gorgeous on the Vita, native resolution, 60 frames per second, tons of particles on screen. Really cool, and as I got it for about 2 euro it's a steal really.

Am now enjoying Uncharted more as well, Gyroscope aiming works remarkably well. I hardly use the right stick in combat anymore. All the touch screen stuff is gimmicky, but I like that the levels are littered with stuff to find.

Visiting my family at the moment and it's great to be playing home console quality games while they are watching some shitty programme. :)

After playing around with the Vita quite a bit I think the biggest problem I have with it is that anything to do with the Friends List/Near/PSN in general just takes too long. There are lots of nice ideas in terms of gifting, looking at friends recent activities and so on, but they all seem to take forever to load or access separate apps or take you through several signing in screens that just put me off ever using them. It still feels very slow and bitty and disjointed to me in a way that reminds me more of the PS3 than XBL.

For example, in Lumines you can gift an avatar or skin to someone via near, but to do so you the Vita has to launch Near, sign you in via several loading screens, then you have to refresh near to upload it, before returing to Lumines. It's too many steps for such a simple task and means I probably won't do it again. I feel similarly about the way that the friends list, trophy list, party chat, group messaging and Near are all separate apps that have to sign you in separately and load separately. I was hoping for something more seamless.

I know what you mean, I'm kinda hoping that it can be streamlined/changed like MS have done with the 360 dash. It's a good start but not perfect.

Has anyone mentioned/noticed that for each app/game you can 'like' and comment on each of your friends achievements? If you swipe down from the app/game's live area you see all the various status updates and can like or comment from there. I thought that was a nice touch.

There's so much crammed into this machine.

Vita get!

A truly amazing piece of kit. I too went for the £230 HMV deal with Uncharted. UC is amazing, far far better at the start than UC3. Downloading some demos now in order to work out what to get next. The screen is brilliant under the right conditions (ie anywhere apart from inside a game shop) and it feels like the same tech leap that the iphone was when it first came out.

I'm still not convinced that sticks are the best thing for a handheld, but damn it I don't really care when the overall experience is this good.

Is anyone else having problems with the wifi connection dropping out a lot? It turns out the best thing about 3G is giving you a backup connection while it tries to sort itself out and reconnect.

It's a little shaky for me unless it's in the same room as the router.