rllmuk
Robo_1

Playstation Vita

Btw - I've noticed when my screen is black, when loading for example, the top half of the screen looks different shades of grey, almost looking like trees, not pure black... Does anybody else have this issue?

I loved the first Tenchu and am willing this to be good. I will be lurking in your thread.

Teeny tiny spoiler - the first mission (well if you go for the default choice) is of course to kill a merchant, I'm assuming an evil one :D Oh and not only is the grappling hook present and correct, you can upgrade it - I levelled up to level 2 and could spend a point in either stamina, attack, defence, or grappling hook.. take a wild guess what I chose to upgrade :wub:

• Upvote 1

I love how launch day brings us all together.

*sigh*

Well that's that then! So is anyone else really looking forward to the iPad 3 in a couple of weeks?

What?

• Upvote 1

Before anyone gets too excited about Shinobido 2 because I'm going crazy over it; it has things like atrocious voice action and no option for Japanese voices. Terrible dialogue. Controls take getting used to. Things like that.

Btw - I've noticed when my screen is black, when loading for example, the top half of the screen looks different shades of grey, almost looking like trees, not pure black... Does anybody else have this issue?

Yeah mine is the same.

Yeah mine is the same.

That's funny. I don't think I get that, but I have dialed my brightness right down

Good to hear the positive buzz. How many of you feel you will actually regularly use this out and about, though?

Do you really need it, is what i'm asking...?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its OLED tech issue. I get the same thing on my lumia. Black grey splodges. Then they go when the screen is on properly.

I don't have that, I have massive amounts of ghosting on white on my Nokia Lumia 800 though...

On another note, where do I go to change shizz like my user icon for PSN? Currently mine is a purple face like this :|

I don't have that, I have massive amounts of ghosting on white on my Nokia Lumia 800 though...

On another note, where do I go to change shizz like my user icon for PSN? Currently mine is a purple face like this :|

On PS3 at least it's hidden underneath 'account settings' in the 'network' category - there you can choose all kinds of colours for :|

Right, I've got work in the morning so I'm going to bed now.

But I'm taking the Vita with me :eyebrows:

Just got heavily involved in Wipeout's online multiplayer. Could have played it all night. I'm going to bed excited about waking up to my Vita!

Thanks for such a fun launch build up/ day. Cheers, chaps.

• Upvote 1

Is the VITA going to have a lot of interesting indie games through PSN?

“It’s a really interesting platform because, as a gamer, it’s the first platform that really sort of gives of everything. It’s the first time I can play things like shooters on an aeroplane; and I don’t like feeling I’m playing something that’s compromised in any way.” – Ken Levine, speaking to PSM3 (viaCVG).

Very positive piece here - http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/22/21st-century-walkman-how-vita-turned-psps-dream-to-reality/

Thoughts?

Please can we close this thread, all the positivity and general happiness is making me want one after not being fussed at all previously! :)

• Upvote 3

I could also have played all night! Dragging myself off the golf and to bed.

What a machine, it's amazing. Happy happy days ahead... :)

Good to hear the positive buzz. How many of you feel you will actually regularly use this out and about, though?

Do you really need it, is what i'm asking...?

What does a man really need apart from food, water and a place to sleep? It's a toy, not an essential urban survival tool. It's also rather big, which makes it a whole lot less portable than a DSLite or GBA Micro. Apart from a browser it hasn't got the handy (online) apps you use on your smartphone or tablet. The Google maps app is shit and not a patch on iOs or android versions.

In other words, it's glorious. Comfortable to hold, excellent controls and DAT SCREEN.

• Upvote 1

Anyone know how to reset Lumines? There was a World Blocks bug which has bumped me up to level 14 when I have not deserved it. I feel like a fraud. They have patched already btw.... :)

I left Escape Plan and Lumines downloading before I went to bed, leaving the Vita on charge so it wouldn't time out. Wake up this morning and the downloads were still where I left them. Bit annoying as I wanted some early morning Lumines.

Nothing to do with gaming but the Twitter app is exceptional. Sony are the Jekyll and Hyde of UI design.

I'm getting install errors when downloading Tales from space : Mutant Blobs.

Seems there a known issue with the first download they made available and Sony need to refund the purchase so it can be rebought:

http://drinkboxstudios.com/blog/blog/2012/02/22/install-errors-make-babies-cry/

In other news, I love the Vita. Rayman seems my best purchase out of Lumines, Uncharted and Golf. The Wipeout demo is amazin though. Might have to grab that!

WipEout really is stunning to look at. I'm surprised it's running at all, never mind at 30fps.

The soundtrack is awesome, too. Nice to see Kittens revisited, and Invaders Must Die fits so well :wub:

Ok, I'll bite. Where's the cheapest place to buy memory cards on the highstreet, or for that matter, a bricks and mortar that has stock??

Think I'm going to go for the HMV deal.