Playstation Vita

Drat, haven't got that mail anymore... and it's still not working. Hopefully enough people will make noise about this, and they'll get it sorted.

I would expect them to. Its a bit shoddy to be honest. Though not unexpected. Why they couldn't have just stuck valid codes in the preorder packs is beyond me.

That's really lame. So it's 225 on amazon for wifi model, 8gb card and lumines. Wipeout on top, but in a box and instantly playable. OR 275 for same but 3g, and then top up a fiver, and wait, and download. There's no way i'll be topping up a fiver for such a pathetic amount of data that doesnt even last past one month.

I usually go for the fanciest version possible..I got the zelda 3ds, replaced 360 with slim, etc, but 3g seems......shit.

My thoughts on the subject earlier.

I bought my ipad 1 as a wifi machine, largely because I had an import and the 3g was adding to an already expensive device and not even out at the time. I ended up buying a 3g iPad2 because it was just so limiting to have to rely on hotspots.

There are plenty of pros and cons to either method, it's really not as simplistic as people insist it is. Smartphones used as hotspots drain the battery and use up the data on the phone. Batteries are not able to cope with the power of phones these days , especially during 3G/wifi use, and data caps and/or pricing in the US and Europe mean sharing the data isn't always easy to do without additional costs.

It's the same with other devices though. I have no idea why anyone would get a 3G iPad for instance. Especially seeing how easy it is to use your smartphone as a 3G WiFi hotspot.

Not even just as a hotspot - in any situation where I'm out with my iPad and don't have wifi, I'm happy to just use my iPhone to do the same thing on a smaller screen. I bought a 3G iPad 1, never used the 3G then just went for a wifi iPad 2.

The difference I see with the Vita is that the cost difference between the two models isn't that great once you factor in the free Wipeout, there will be applications and features exclusive to the 3G model and it's not something I already have a smaller 3G version of with me at all times. Not that I think the 3G exclusive features are going to be anything mindblowing, but for the £25 initial outlay and the odd month of £5 top ups, I think it's worth going for.

I would maybe use the wifi hotspot option if I could, but I'm on the old O2 contract with unlimited data but no tethering.

£5 a month for an always on Vita doesn't seem too bad to me. Especially as you don't always have to pay it. Just good to have the option. If you really will never ever use it or top up then of course, go WiFi. Just be careful of that niggling feeling that Vita's 3G functions will be expanded upon over it's lifetime!

Let's talk cases! Have already got a soft case with the cleaning cloth interior for day to day use but this bad boy looks real good for transporting your Vita and physical games/ memory cards. (amazingly shit dog tag on the top, though).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006ZN5TQ6/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_g63_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1M3B5DTH5Y80BFBR4XK5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Let's talk cases! Have already got a soft case with the cleaning cloth interior for day to day use but this bad boy looks real good for transporting your Vita and physical games/ memory cards. (amazingly shit dog tag on the top, though).

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468294

It looks hideous but also very practical and reliable - I like it! I'm still undecided but that is probably the one I'm going for.

I'm sure this has been covered, but what exactly is the deal with using multiple accounts? Complete no-go without wiping the system or possible with multiple memory cards?

I guess going with a US account means buying retail games through PSN will be much cheaper as well.

You have to wipe the system. Takes about 10 minutes (including an unskippable two-minute video every time).

You have to wipe the system. Takes about 10 minutes (including an unskippable two-minute video every time).

Will that result in anything being permanently lost or does everything important get saved to the memory card?

A ten minute switch and having a couple of memory cards doesn't seem excessively bad to play the odd game from another region.