rllmuk

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Easy. Create a ginger/orange tiger-like character and call him Maximum Gary. Not only will you have a cool character with a cool name, but you will also probably find yourself invincible.

You may suffer from some minor stomach problems though.

Off work today, think ill stick another pointless comment into the forum.

Much better.

• Upvote 5

A lot of the character creation seems to have been stripped out, are there spoilery descriptions of the process yet?

I know there's no class, but is it just race? Or do you still select star sign etc?

Its just race and skills. Each skill has a base level of 15. Each race has a bonus of +10 to one skill, and +5 to a few others. (From UESP wiki)

The rest has all gone.

Prima games are definitely saying that the only release date they have is 11-11-11 for North America :angry: People who have ordered from Amazon received emails saying

"Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #XXX and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused."

Someone updated last week saying

Update 3/11/11: Book depository have confirmed that they've simply reached their limit on preorders, and everyone who has already preordered will receive their book after it's release date on 11/11/11.

Thanks Kit, fingers crossed then.

Its just race and skills. Each skill has a base level of 15. Each race has a bonus of +10 to one skill, and +5 to a few others. (From UESP wiki)

The rest has all gone.

So the only thing you actually choose is race (as the bonuses are linked to race? That and appearance and name?

I don't think it's anything to do with people being jealous, I think it's more that your posts are shit. We want tales of adventure! Not one line of rubbish.

I did consider this but it kinda defeats people getting to experience the first time.

So I am leaving the odd tidbit, for those that might want to know and for those that wish to ignore it.

So I am leaving the odd tidbit, for those that might want to know and for those that wish to ignore it.

Ah, is that what you were doing. Too subtle for me I'm afraid; I just thought you were pointing out the fact that you've got the game already, AGAIN.

• Upvote 5

You pick your perks, which are controlled by constellations in the sky.

I meant during initial character creation, it will just be Race, Appearance, Name, start the game right?

Might be the first Bethesda game I don't have to restart after a few hours because I realise I've picked everything wrong.

I meant during initial character creation, it will just be Race, Appearance, Name, start the game right?

Might be the first Bethesda game I don't have to restart after a few hours because I realise I've picked everything wrong.

Yeah its just how you look, your name and lets go!

Ah, is that what you were doing. Too subtle for me I'm afraid; I just thought you were pointing out the fact that you've got the game already, AGAIN.

Yeah that was the intention.

I have played 10hours so far so if anyone does have a question Ill see if its something I have seen etc.

• Upvote 2

I ended up having to go through the whole of Oblivion with a female thief named Bob because of a back seat gamer that was too impatient to let me make my character properly. Every female thief character that I have had since Eye of the Beholder has been named Merryn

Eye of the Beholder!! I finished it a few months ago finally. My old amiga version used to crash when you use the teleporters so I got stuck for years around level 5 ish.I was still happy going around in circles strangely. I really miss the old games where you`d have a party of adventurers and naming them all. None were ever called Bob .

My tescos order currently says Awaiting Dispatch ... is that good?

Eye of the Beholder!! I finally finished it a few months ago finally. My old amiga version used to crash when you use the teleporters so I got stuck for years around level 5 ish. I really miss the old games where you`d have a party of adventurers and naming them all. None were ever called Bob .

Great game. What did you play it on this time? I've got the SNES version running on my Wii, but it's shit to play on a pad.

Dear Blue screen error, does it have southpaw ? No really does it?

Played EOB on amiga and DOS before but never finished it on either so I decided to treat myself and played the super deluxe version on PSP mega CD emu :) . Couldnt get the music working unfortunately but it controlled quite well since there are a few options for speeding up the pointer movement.Weirdly I usually like games that are outdoors like halo as opposed to indoorsy doomy games but EOB just had that amazing realistic atmosphere somehow. Would love to see an update of these games or something similar on XBLA. There is a decent looking one being worked on at the mo here: http://www.grimrock.net/

My tescos order currently says Awaiting Dispatch ... is that good?

I'd better be as that's what mine says. I was going to cancel and just pick up a copy Friday morning but I thought 'No, be strong'

So come on Tesco don't let me down even though I've only ever bought one bottle of Vodka from you before.