rllmuk

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

you must have been playing a different game. There was loads of ambient noise.

There were some, yes, but when I played it recently with the music off it was eeriely quiet. Especially after games like far cry 2 and crysis.

I literally know nothing about the story.

No characters, no main plot line, no nothing.

I intend to keep it that way.

So this is me signing out until Friday. See you on the other side!!

You're the chosen one.

There's a great evil.

You must defeat it.

Plus lots of wandering about.

Spoilers!

• Upvote 1

Since Skyrim unlocks at midnight and I'm planning to stay up as long as possible, skipping sleep altogether if needs be (took the day off on Friday! :D ), there's every chance I will have been drinking once it unlocks. I could end up with 'Dragonbob' or something.

Dark Elf Stealth Mage name suggestions PLZ

I drunkenly named Aeris to HANZ in my first FFVII playthough. :(

I remember the legendary choice of a school friend to call everyone "Sephiroth" on his second playthrough. The dialogue was impossible to decipher.

• Upvote 2

Since Skyrim unlocks at midnight and I'm planning to stay up as long as possible, skipping sleep altogether if needs be (took the day off on Friday! :D ), there's every chance I will have been drinking once it unlocks. I could end up with 'Dragonbob' or something.

Shall we pull an all nighter? I say all the Steam guys should pile into a chat room, have a few drinks and swap stories* while we play.

*Tips on how to stop it crashing to desktop after five minutes

My main character in every RPG is always called Bob. Maybe some variation, like 'Bob, Son of Bob', if I have been drinking, but I never have to waste time thinking of a name :)

I ended up having to go through the whole of Oblivion with a female thief named Bob because of a back seat gamer that was too impatient to let me make my character properly. Every female thief character that I have had since Eye of the Beholder has been named Merryn

• Upvote 1

As I've said, Elder Scrolls is a game I want to play alone without any distraction for maximum immersion - but I might join the chat once I start seeing headless Dragon floating upside down inside inns leading to inevitable crashes to the desktop :lol:

Immersion like this! :D

• Upvote 1

Bugger. The Book Depository folk have already taken the money for my pre-order of the special edition.

Any more info on it?

Prima games are definitely saying that the only release date they have is 11-11-11 for North America :angry: People who have ordered from Amazon received emails saying

"Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #XXX and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused."

Someone updated last week saying

Update 3/11/11: Book depository have confirmed that they've simply reached their limit on preorders, and everyone who has already preordered will receive their book after it's release date on 11/11/11.

• Upvote 1

I've never played an elder scrolls game, but I'm so excited for this.

Not sure what to go for character build...Thinking Bosmer. If I become one will I eventually be able to controll animals forever - for will it always be for 60 seconds only?

if anyone could be bothered to talk me through some of the basic builds and playing styles that would be great!

Just pick the person you like the look of the best, and then play it however you want. The skills which you use most will level up the quickest and naturally improve over time. No need to spend skill points etc. You get perks every couple of levels too.