IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ravnaz

Khajiits are just the best really for aesthetic reasons and for stealthy types.  It was very tempting to roll another, but this is a play with minimal stealth and no use of bows.  Charging through Bleak falls barrow with flame and mace equipped was quite efficient, not to mention raising zombie skeevers.  After popping in to the College I need to test out my magic preferences and combos, since this is all new territory.

Playing on a little more the graphics definitely feel subtly changed and enhanced and (maybe) the menus run a little more smoothly with this controller.

Picture isn't quite fitting the screen though (it's bigger) and doesn't seem to have an adjustment option.

Edited by Cosmic_Guru

17 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

The only real, tangible advantage for a Khajiit is the Night Eye ability - clearly see in the dark. Otherwise, as dataDave says, it makes little difference. I've played before as a tall well-built nord, and been stealthy as fuck no problem.

And nights and caverns are already as bright as fuck anyway - there's no need for torches or any of that shit. We need some lighting mods.

I'll stop grumbling now.

12 minutes ago, Wickedkitten said:

I'm just glad that this time round, I will actually take my time with the character creator instead of blitzing through it and naming my character Bob because I'm in such a hurry to get into the game.

On my first playthrough I contrived to miss the naming box and wondered why, 8 hours later, the game still called me 'Prisoner'. Of course I had to restart.

20 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Isn't that Gordon, not Thomas?

I thought Gordon was green? It's been a while.

My favourite was always the black diesel shunter. What was his name? I was always more into the non-commuter trains when I was a kid, culminating with that absolutely brutal ex-Soviet train from Goldeneye. Sick train, that.

This is ace. I'm on the first proper mission and it doesn't fuck about throwing you into the thick of it. I love how easy it is to experient with magic, archery etc. I'm currently enjoying two handing a great sword, but also liking a bit of firey death dealing too. 

The look of it, and the atmosphere, is immense. It's like being in Lord of The Rings.

As someone new to the game whilst it's overwhelming in its vastness and stuff you can do, it's very easy to just actually play and enjoy. 

Fucking wolves! 

Confession: I bought this for PS4, due to a lack of alternative devices. Mod support is slowly coming, it's up to 48 mods now, so not a complete waste of time. Just a massively limited version in comparison.  

Mainly bought it to play Dragonborn, mind. 

Sometimes you just wish there was a common sense check somehow - like the dude you meet in a bar who wants you to convince his father the bartender he can go adventuring - so you turn around and speak to the father who promptly says he has hasn't seen his son in ages.....

1 hour ago, Mike1812 said:

Is there a way of changing the viewable area of the screen on ps4? Some of the ui is cut off

I had this problem and managed to remedy it by changing my tv settings from 16:9 to 'Screen fit'. It might be a different option depending on what tv you have but mine is a Samsung bog standard HDTV.

If that doesn't work then try Settings > Sound and Screen > Display Area Settings on the PS4. You can change the size of the viewable area in there.

14 minutes ago, Coltrane said:

I had this problem and managed to remedy it by changing my tv settings from 16:9 to 'Screen fit'. It might be a different option depending on what tv you have but mine is a Samsung bog standard HDTV.

If that doesn't work then try Settings > Sound and Screen > Display Area Settings on the PS4. You can change the size of the viewable area in there.

Thanks for this. I actually thought my tv was set to display native but it wasn't.