Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Loving this, absolutely amazed. Graphics not a big leap, but way more solid, no issues so far with bugs or clipping (xbox version).

Cant for the life of me get up the mountain early in the story, where is the path to the top? I then spent a few hours doing circles round the mountain trying to find the path and had mad fun killing vampires, bandits, ice wraiths, bears, foxes and rabbits

ended up level 20 and still not got to the

Grey Beards!

also

Bought a house from the Jarl after he made me a Thane!

So, still agonizing over character creation. I want to be a sneaky thief, but would rather play as a human. Don't particularly want to be a cat faced monster. Does it truly matter which race I pick? I can just put points into the relevant stats during the game? I suppose the sneaky character races will get a sneak bonus straight away.

Loving this, absolutely amazed. Graphics not a big leap, but way more solid, no issues so far with bugs or clipping (xbox version).

Cant for the life of me get up the mountain early in the story, where is the path to the top?

there is a village on the east side where the path starts

• Upvote 1

Suffice to say I don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight, Christmas for me (and I believe everyone else who has it) has come early.

Did anyone else come across the 3 birth stones, is this a weaker form of Oblivions birth sign? I chose mage anyway, I've decided to go for a Robin-hooded mage who's actually fucked if anyone manages to get to him after the array of arrows and spells. I've died numerous times already :facepalm: , nevertheless i'm loving every bit of it.

What does Stamina actually do? Affect how much you can carry?

Also, it's slightly random which quests appear as proper quests and which appear under the miscellaneous tag.

But after 4 hours and 20 minutes, I really love it and had to tear myself away. The world feels both slightly more muted and slightly stranger than Oblivion, which I guess makes sense, that being set in the Imperial heartland.

The interface is so, so much more organised than Oblivion's. One thing that fills me with delight is 'keys' having a separate section in the inventory!

What does Stamina actually do? Affect how much you can carry?

Also, it's slightly random which quests appear as proper quests and which appear under the miscellaneous tag.

But after 4 hours and 20 minutes, I really love it and had to tear myself away. The world feels both slightly more muted and slightly stranger than Oblivion, which I guess makes sense, that being set in the Imperial heartland.

The interface is so, so much more organised than Oblivion's. One thing that fills me with delight is 'keys' having a separate section in the inventory!

im like that been telling my self for the past hour to play something else but it aint happening

Cleared the cache on my 360 and the textures have improved with my installed copy. You can really notice it on your characters hands/ gloves in 1st person.

How do you do clear the cache again? It's been a while.

Well I'm a little pissed off!

The GF has had accountancy exams that ended 2 weeks ago, for the last 7 months I've had the lounge and big TV flatscreen all to myself and Ms 360 while she's been revising in the evenings & weekends upstairs.

In anticipation on Skyrim hopefully arriving tomorrow, I clean out the spare room, align all the cables nice and tidy, re-position the speakers, plugin the 360 and of all things my monitor has died. My monitor has died the night before Skyrim. I have no spare cash this month for a new one.

The GF says, "Don't worry, you can play it downstairs, I won't mind this weekend." I had to correct in that weekend would have to be winter. Bless her, she means well, but she doesn't understand games like Skyrim.

First world problems :mellow:

• Upvote 1

How do you do clear the cache again? It's been a while.

Go to memory, then look at the list of devices, press Y for device options, then clear system cache. Mine has stopped streaming the better textures again already though. So it's defo a bug.