The Last Story

you can fast travel anywhere in DQ.

Christ.

Do mean that Chimera wings, which I always thought just got to the entrance of a dungeon so never used them :facepalm: , will bring me back to a town etc?

I've only spent about 60 hours playing Dragon Quest games....

Christ.

Do mean that Chimera wings, which I always thought just got to the entrance of a dungeon so never used them :facepalm: , will bring me back to a town etc?

I've only spent about 60 hours playing Dragon Quest games....

Zoom is the spell you normally get fairly early in Dragon Quest games that allows you to fast travel. The amount of dialogue the Priest says when you go to save still takes the piss and didn't get much quicker in Dragon Quest IX

I feel like an idiot now but thanks for the info as it will make things easier!

There's a quick save on my DS games but I can't see the option on the PS2 game, sorry for taking this thread off topic btw I'll switch to the DQ thread with any future questions.

This is getting a limited edition. Looks swanky enough (I'm in):

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/12/the-last-story-limited-edition-includes-mini-art-book-and-small-soundtrack/

Haven't been able to find any retailers listing it yet.

Eurogamer has pictures of the LE's contents:

Last_Story_Limited_Edition__Small.JPG.jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-18-the-last-story-wii-collectors-edition-pictures

No further info about availability though. Anyone spotted it for sale yet?

Thanks for the Amazon heads up. My order is still for the low price. But I got an email with a new release date estimate:

"The Last Story Limited Edition (Wii)"

Estimated arrival date: February 27 2012 - March 06 2012

Thanks for the Amazon heads up. My order is still for the low price. But I got an email with a new release date estimate:

"The Last Story Limited Edition (Wii)"

Estimated arrival date: February 27 2012 - March 06 2012

Yep same here, hopefully the price will stick!

• 3 weeks later...

The official site updated recently. There are a bunch of videos of locations in the game, samples of the English cast and soundtrack, and some screenshots.

It's looking at least as attractive as Xenoblade in my opinion. Instead of grand, sweeping landscapes they've gone for a denser approach of busy cities filled with bustling streets and rich architecture. The screenshots are a little blurry, I suspect it'll look absolutely fantastic running on Dolphin for those so inclined, I just hope the detail doesn't lose its impact over component. The site suggests the game will come with the following as an alternative cover:

(Higher resolutions)

07_1024_768.jpg

I don't think it's been confirmed yet whether PAL version of The Last Story will offer a spoken language option like Xenoblade did, but the voice work seems on par, which may please or distress you. I think I may have recognised Shulk's voice actor in there. I had a quick listen to the soundtrack samples on the site, but nothing particularly grabbed me. The full soundtrack is already on YouTube, including the

, which is very Uematsu.

Multiplayer looks kind of tacked-on, offering a deathmatch mode where your character's stats are fixed but their appearance can be based on your single-player game or selected from a list of models including enemies and NPCs. The co-op mode allows you to face computer opponents together, although in this mode your stats are the same as in your single-player game. Both modes offer rewards which can be carried over into the single-player, but it doesn't mention if these items are obtained exclusively from the multiplayer modes. I hope not. Communication during multiplayer is restricted to stock phrases selected before battle. You can play with friends or with randoms.