Mass Effect 3

Here's the thing you need to remember.

As far as Origin is concerned I'm not playing it early, I simply live in Korea where it is legitimately live now, if Origin thought I was from the U.K it wouldn't have unlocked for me at all. Honestly I don't care if you feel sorry for me or not but a lot of people will be rightly pissed off about this.

As for a day 0 patch, surely the DD version would come with already applied?

I'm not saying this is a bad game and I'm still obviously very early in but a word of warning from what I've seen so far. Don't expect the game to be like the first 2 you've played, the 'auto-dialogue' is worse than I ever feared if I'm honest.

But aren't these people paying "Koeran" customers? So they should have the Day 0 patch?

I've bought this on Origin (including delivery Amazon was £2 cheaper, but I'd rather get it for sure on Day 0) - but it doesn't show up on orders? Never bought anything before from here - is this normal?:S

Takes an hour or so for the purchase to be confirmed. Keep an eye on your mails.

"For those just joining. Earth's comm buoys out. Massive geth flagship in Southern California likely cause."

Those pesky geth flagships!

Ah yes, "Geth Flagships", the mythical class of gigantic starship, allegedly waiting in Geth Space. Shepard has dismissed that claim.

I spent a while recreating my Shep in the demo because it does seems like a lot of the facial rigging and so on has changed, so even my "identical" Shep looks quite different in motion.

But hell, she changed a lot between 1 and 2 because I thought the second game made her look like shit, so fuck it.

*takes a deep breath*

What they've done to this series with Mass effect 3 is worse than what they did to the Dragon Age series with the second game.

This is from a self confessed Bioware fanboy who even liked Dragon Age 2. I just finished another mission and all I could do was laugh and not in a good way. Neogaf says it opens up later but so far I've been shunted from one room to the next with no control over what happens or even really what is said, I spent the last 3 minutes with my arms folded just watching my character talk with others, through what are imo pretty significant points in the story and I never once got a chance to choose what to say.

I spent 5 minutes trying to bind a key to holster my weapon before searching online for the answer, apparently if there is any combat in the zone you are in at all you can't holster your gun. You can spend 5 minutes walking around with no enemies at all near by pointing guns at your team like an idiot.

Apparently there isn't enough memory to include the holster animation where it's 'not needed' :facepalm:

Hopefully Bioware will sort out the face import issues, but if not this guide may be of help for those hoping to recreate their ME1 Shepard as accurately as possible. Haven't tried it myself yet though!

I tried that, and it produced an unholy abomination. Some of the settings seemed to be correct mind, so it might at least help. I managed to get mine looking pretty much the same after ten minutes of tweaking.

Haud yer wheesht, Mallet.

3 hours in. It gets much, much better after the rather banal opening. Citadel seems great, dialogue is not noticeably reduced once you're out of the get-the-plot-out-of-the-way opening bits (plenty of full conversations, and most of what they've done seems to be removing the neutral third option), Normandy is also excellent. Liking the new characters too. Other stuff I'm not going to mention due to spoilers is pretty neat too, looking forward to seeing how it develops. The worst bit so far was some really badly judged animation where Shepard was talking to someone doing pull-ups on a bar, and Shepard's entire head followed each and every bob up and down, making him look like a dog watching a fucking laser pen. But I guess that could be in-character for old Shepard, to an extent. :P

Can't wait to play more of this.

Haud yer wheesht, Mallet.

3 hours in. It gets much, much better after the rather banal opening. Citadel seems great, dialogue is not noticeably reduced once you're out of the get-the-plot-out-of-the-way opening bits (plenty of full conversations, and most of what they've done seems to be removing the neutral third option), Normandy is also excellent. Liking the new characters too. Other stuff I'm not going to mention due to spoilers is pretty neat too, looking forward to seeing how it develops. The worst bit so far was some really badly judged animation where Shepard was talking to someone doing pull-ups on a bar, and Shepard's entire head followed each and every bob up and down, making him look like a dog watching a fucking laser pen. But I guess that could be in-character for old Shepard, to an extent. :P

Can't wait to play more of this.

Is that your first time to the citadel? I was just there and I got to talk to 2 reporters, chief bailey and Udina. My meeting with the council had the grand total of 1 dialogue option that had only 2 choices. Apart from the hospital the rest was dead, I couldn't even visit any shops except the Sceptre lounge. The Ashley scene on Mars was a joke, oh yeah lets just stand there while the bad woman radios for instructions and then slams her head into the wall a few times :facepalm: I just had a long talk with the new tech assistant woman and again one dialogue option for a conversation that lasted over a minute easily if not two.

I tried that, and it produced an unholy abomination. Some of the settings seemed to be correct mind, so it might at least help. I managed to get mine looking pretty much the same after ten minutes of tweaking.

Yeah I had the same, it's because it defaults the values for the stuff that it can't match (Complexion, Scars, Eye Color, Nose Shape, Hair Style, Brow Color, and Makeup). After a bit of fiddling I'm pretty happy with the results.

Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Has Achievements:

Mass Effect 3's day one DLC pack will award players with two extra Achievements.

The new awards, not part of the game's main 1000 Gamerscore, can only be unlocked by downloading the pack.

So says Eurogamer in their news story which I don't recommend reading as it contains a Massive Spoiler.

The achievements are worth 25G each. It's all a bit weird really.

People who've unlocked the Digital Deluxe already, how did you get it to download your Art Book, OST, and so on? Mine's saying "Ready to Download" but I can't seem to convince it to, y'know, download.

Disregard, is downloading now.