rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Moz

Mass Effect 3

I love the fact that a screenshot of someone looking through some sort of scope (could be a telescope with crosshairs, who knows) at a woman reaching out to a child automatically makes this 'grittier than anything they've ever done before' (cue foreboding music.) Maybe, like in almost any game ever with a sniper rifle, someone's looking through the sights at some stuff that's happening in the world, or a cutscene from the POV of a sniper scoping the land? It's not like it's going to be Mass Effect: Woman and baby Sniper Assassin, is it?

Bloody gaming websites and their tenuous news, grumble :blah:

• Upvote 2

I'm guessing they'll have an entirely different team for multiplayer working on it seperately so I wouldn't worry.

It's going to be the final chapter in what's been an amazing journey so far. They delivered going from 1 to 2 and then some. They won't fuck up the finale of Shepard's journey for the sake of online shootery. I believe that anyway :blah:

Some of you really are a vindictive lot, you're already ragging on the multiplayer, even though neither the game itself nor any specific component of it have been revealed :facepalm:

It's about time for an ME3 announcement though, isn't it. Multiplayer could be cool, squad based, objective based third person shooting with mix and match buffs and spells? I'm up for that. I don't understand the 'sacrificing single player resources' thing, they just spend some more money on hiring or contracting some more people to do it for them. This has to be ME related now surely (the sniper rifle and the crosshair are a dead giveaway) so let's started getting excited about ME3!

My Aunty does Zumba dancing with Ray Muzyka's niece, apparently it'll be a 'four player online multiplayer extravaganza'. It turns out that the Reapers are a trans-dimensional threat rather than just a galactic threat and in order to properly defeat them, Shep has to hook up with alternate Sheps from alternate Shepverses and Shep the fuck out of those cunts.

My Aunty does Zumba dancing with Ray Muzyka's niece, apparently it'll be a 'four player online multiplayer extravaganza'. It turns out that the Reapers are a trans-dimensional threat rather than just a galactic threat and in order to properly defeat them, Shep has to hook up with alternate Sheps from alternate Shepverses and Shep the fuck out of those cunts.

That. Would. Be. EPIC. Except for my inevitably dude-voiced FemShep...

Does this mean femmeshep (the wrong Shep) can make sweet love with hommeshep (the right shep) and give birth to a transexual plasticine faced 'both-baby'?

• Upvote 1

The final scene involves the Sheps having a graphic foursome, with the resultant (element zero rich) bodily fluids being used to power a bomb capable of destroying Harbinger and his tosser friends.

:o:omg: :OMG:

Mass Effect 3 outed on EA Store

The EA Store has added a pre-order listing for Mass Effect 3 for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. The listing includes a description that the "Earth is burning" and Commander Shepard (that's you!) has to gather the races of the galaxy to launch "one final mission" against machines striking from beyond known space.

xUo9X.jpg

No release window is provided on the site. Well, guess that confirms the rumors we've been hearing about. The game is expected to be officially announced tomorrow during the 2010 VGAs on Spike. Just in case the page gets pulled, we've saved a full screengrab, along with the game's description, just below.

SPOILERS

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

:o

• Upvote 1

Mass Effect 3 released in two chapters?

First chapter end of next year, second, end of 2012?

No, no no no no no. Don't even joke about something like that, this wait has been painful enough as it is :(