Just seen a Global Event (xbox): Himalayas - Lhotse - Deathzone - Survive (wing suit/headlamp, no rewinds). It cost 1million to join, there's over 10billion in pot, over 54 thousand other riders, and 12 hours left on the clock. Completing just one run down will put you into Silver category which'll net you over 3million. I've just got into Gold which took two-and-a-half runs, and stand to make 5.4million.

Easy money.

What's that then? How can rewind be THAT effective?

You don't rewind, you tap it I believe which starts slowing you down but doesn't engage the penalty, means they can get off more tricks but I've not tried it.

I haven't boight this yet as I'm in two minds about it after playing the demo. I can't help but compare it to Tricky and it just isn't the same.. Maybe I should get over it.

I'd love to think that EA would release a Tricky course pack as an add-on at some point in the future. That would be amazing

cubik

Played some more this night and I finally see the crucial difference between SSX3 and this. 3 prefers multiple tricks in a jump, SSX prefers long grabs to finish with. It's still annoying you can't read the interface as readily as 3’s as to where you are mid-zones and individual tricks are more a blur of movement than recognizable acts, but at least the system is logical again.

The hold-to-grind can f*ck off though, as it creates a near impossible claw grip to boost and jump of a 'natural' grind with Classic controls. It's also amazing how the prompts simply don't respond to the control change. The tips pages I can live with, but the in-game messages are just an annoying game of pressing the 'red button called yellow'.

Also getting a prompt to confirm you never want a prompt to confirm again is sarcastic (I hope).

I also just realized this game basically consists out of Races and Slopestyles. Curious to remove the Halfpipes, they were excellent trick training grounds to prepare with. Meanwhile, playing a track with gaps in it frustrates me more than Sprite Machine playing Sonic Rush.

Overall, it's becoming better but it still feels like EA missed a trick.

The hold-to-grind can f*ck off though, as it creates a near impossible claw grip to boost and jump of a 'natural' grind with Classic controls.

Aside from the slightly awkward (but in depth) scoring system and dodgy level breaking obstacle placement, that is the worst thing in the game (button-grinds). I purposefully avoid doing them, making sure I approach from an angle to use the grind as a ramp.

Starting to rack up gold's all over the shop now with level 9 Elise and level 10 Eddie, I don't really bother using anyone else.

I use Alex for racing and Mac or Eddie for tricks. I could do with levelling the trick boys up a bit though.

Played some more World Tour yesterday, found Patagonia pretty easy, and I love the feel of how steep it is aswell, I know I'm gonna end up enjoying runs on that mountain. Went on to Siberia and found it a bit more tricky, not got to doing the deadly descent yet though.

Having read some more info on tricks etc, really looking forward to playing again tonight.

Nearly got the world tour out of the way, and my ridernet thing is still pretty empty, i thought more people on my friends list would have got it by now. I would be glad if anyone could add my gamertag (michaelemm) so i can be easily defeated by your scores and sklils!

Question for those with more experience with the game: does it lock to your local time while playing? I can't remember having boarded during in-game daylight.

No it doesn't, look next to the name of each drop and you'll see a moon or a sun.

All SSX games netted more points for a single trick being held rather than multiple tricks in a jump cywhux.

All SSX games netted more points for a single trick being held rather than multiple tricks in a jump cywhux.

iPhone posts.

Yes, even with multiplier particularly now the multiplier is linked to "flow" rather than just tricks. You used to have to bounce up and down on a rail before trickstyle events to get a decent multiplier going which was a horrible chore.

Is the Serenity event still open?

I think it closed over night. I was getting a bit sick of that track anyway, spent far too long attempting to improve my time last night but I can never decide which is the best route and whether it's quicker to go flat or grind. Maybe both, or neither.

Enjoying this more now. Trick It stuff is the only bit I actually like. The racing is utter shit!

Is there any way (apart from rewinding) to get up quicker, like a perk you can buy or something like that?

Enjoying this more now. Trick It stuff is the only bit I actually like. The racing is utter shit!

Is there any way (apart from rewinding) to get up quicker, like a perk you can buy or something like that?

If you fall, you may as well abandon the run, use the rest of it to learn the mountain for your next attempt.

Nope, SSX3 made a very clear distinction with its Super Uber bar. Each trick within a jump will add a 'notch' on the bar. Notch four of them to spell Uber and you unlock Uber tricks, which indeed will then net more points for holding longer. But that's the end state, which trumps any kind of hold-trick for points move in the earlier states, which build up quickly with combos. SSX doesn't 'count', instead it asks you to hold each trick to build a non-discreet boost bar through all states it seems. This is partially why I prefer SSX3: it has a distinct difference between building Uber and using Uber if you're going for an optimized run. You can count your tricks, land, knowing safely in which state you'll end up in and pre-act accordingly.

Maybe SSX has this as well and I simply haven't noticed it yet (there's a world of playing time difference between the two), but the new game seems content with treating each pre-Tricky, Tricky and Super Tricky state as the exact same, because for each an optimized run requires longholds while combos are frowned upon and don't net you enough boost. I know this because after my SSX3 run earlier, I reverted back to that playing style in the new SSX and was wondering why the hell that got me nowhere at all. Only if you refrain from comboing and go for longholds do you seem to build up boost quick enough to switch states.

Will Jonny bloody Laurence please stop attacking my scores/times. It's been bad enough having Smith-"Good at every-bloody-game"-Stock zooming ahead on my leaderboards without having, "JonnyLaurence has taken your score...", messages popping up every time i return to the menu. I feel like I've been beating out fires all evening.

This is revenge for NFS:Hot Pursuit I just know it.